• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Micro Recipes--Is Thermometer a Must?

In summary, a DCB Micro Recipe is a specially designed recipe for the Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef that can be used in the microwave, oven, and grill. The benefits of using these recipes include quick and easy meals with less clean up, and evenly cooked meals thanks to the stoneware material. While a thermometer is not necessary, it can provide added assurance for cooking to the correct internal temperature. The DCB can also be used for any recipe that calls for a covered dish, with adjusted cooking times. To keep the DCB in good condition, avoid sudden temperature changes and do not use metal utensils. Hand washing with warm, soapy water is recommended.
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
I just ordered my DCB and plan on doing the micro recipes at shows, but just realized that the recipes for chicken and pork say to use a thermometer. I don't have one. :rolleyes: Do you always use one when mirowaving meats? Or is there another good recipe I can use without having to use a thermometer.

If you don't use a thermometer you could cut the meat and visually decide if it's done. You want it slightly pink so that finishes cooking while resting.

It's better to use a thermometer because once you cut the meat that part doesn't cook evenly.

We have a great meat thermometer and it's only $10.

BethCooks4U said:
If you don't use a thermometer you could cut the meat and visually decide if it's done. You want it slightly pink so that finishes cooking while resting.

It's better to use a thermometer because once you cut the meat that part doesn't cook evenly.

We have a great meat thermometer and it's only $10.
I agree with Beth.

This is my kit enhancement month, and I sure wish I would have thought about that thermometer before I placed my order. :( Oh well, I guess I should hurry and order it so I can practice using it with the DCB.

Thanks, guys!

the thermometer is on supply order, you can get it cheaper there

ginamkiely said:
the thermometer is on supply order, you can get it cheaper there
ohhh... good call! :thumbup:

I looked on the supply order, and didn't see it there. Do you mean getting 20% by placing a personal order, because that's my plan unless I can find it even cheaper.

Hi there! Congratulations on your new DCB! In my experience, using a thermometer is not always necessary when microwaving meats in the DCB. However, it is always a good idea to use one to ensure that your meats are cooked to the proper temperature for food safety. If you don't have a thermometer, you can try using a meat thermometer that you already have at home or using a visual guide for doneness (such as cutting into the meat to check for pinkness). Alternatively, you can also try using a different recipe that doesn't require a thermometer. I hope this helps and happy cooking!

Related to Dcb Micro Recipes--Is Thermometer a Must?

What is a DCB Micro Recipe?

A DCB Micro Recipe is a recipe specifically designed for the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef. The DCB is a versatile stoneware dish that can be used in the microwave, oven, and even on the grill.

What are the benefits of using a DCB Micro Recipe?

DCB Micro Recipes are perfect for quick and easy meals. They can be made in just one dish, which means less clean up. Plus, the stoneware material helps to evenly distribute heat for perfectly cooked meals every time.

Do I need a thermometer to make a DCB Micro Recipe?

While a thermometer is not required, it can be helpful in ensuring your food is cooked to the correct internal temperature. The DCB is designed to cook food evenly, but a thermometer can provide added assurance.

Can I use the DCB for recipes that don't specify it?

Yes, the DCB can be used for any recipe that calls for a covered dish. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as the stoneware material may cook the food faster than a traditional dish.

Are there any special care instructions for the DCB?

To keep your DCB in good condition, be sure to avoid sudden temperature changes (such as from the oven to the refrigerator) and do not use metal utensils on the stoneware. It is also recommended to wash the DCB by hand with warm, soapy water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • Karen