• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Should You Handle a Customer's Declined Bank Card Transaction?

In summary, the conversation was about a customer who placed an order on November 16th but had to wait for a long time due to the host taking longer than expected to close the show. The customer accidentally received a catalog without the "temporarily sold out" stickers and the consultant had trouble reaching her to change the order. The customer also mentioned that she may not have enough money in her bank account until Friday, but the consultant assured her that the payment would not go through until then. However, the consultant's recruiter was wrong and the payment was declined, causing the consultant to worry about the customer getting charged an overdraft fee. The consultant plans to offer to cover the fee for the customer, but also questions what the customer's plan
mom2matt
I need to give a little background, so bare with me here:

I had a show on the 16th of November, a customer placed her order and used her bank card for payment. It took the host way longer than I had planned to close the show (the customer was not aware that it would take this long). Turns out that the customer had accidentally gotten one of my catalogs that didn't have the "temporarily sold out" stickers on the decorator bottle set, I didn't notice it right away and with the holiday and my husband coming home from Iraq I didn't enter the orders in PP right away, so I also spent over a week trying to get a hold of her to change her order (she wanted the free cooling rack so I needed to see if she wanted to substitute an item). Well, I finally talked to this customer on this past Tuesday and got it straightened out. Her order totaled $70 and she said to me that she wasn't sure she would have $70 in the bank until Friday (her order was about the same when she placed it back on the 16th, how was she going to pay for it then?). Anyway, so I told her not to worry about it, it wouldn't go through the bank until Friday. My recruiter had told me in the past that as long as I submit orders in the afternoon, payments don't go through the bank until the next day. Well, as I'm sure you can guess, my recruiter is wrong. I submitted the order yesterday afternoon and last night I got an e-mail from PC that her card had been declined. We're both military wives so I know they got paid today and I can just call PC and have them run it through this morning and it will be paid. But what do I do about the customer? I have honestly never had my own bank card declined so I don't know how this will work with her bank. Will she get charged an overdraft fee? I feel like I should offer to pay the fee for her since I told her it wouldn't go through until Friday. But seriously, what was her plan should the order have been placed back around the 16th like we had planned? What would you do?

I would definately be honest and tell her that you are very sorry, you were told it wouldn't go through until Friday, but since it did...if she is charged anything, show you the statement charge, and you will cover it. Since people don't really keep track of their expenses, she probably just got paid the day before and knew she had more than enough to cover it then...but has used all of her bank account funds up since then since it was the day before payday... a lot of people just pay pay and forget what and who they give their CC info to...and they check the balance and if they have money, then they spend it...

First of all, I would apologize to the customer for the inconvenience and confusion caused by the delayed order processing. Explain the situation to her and offer to cover any potential overdraft fees that may have occurred as a result of the declined card.You can also reach out to PC and request that they run the card again when the funds are available, to ensure that the order goes through smoothly without any further issues.In the future, it may be helpful to communicate clearly with customers about the timeline for order processing and payment, so that there are no misunderstandings or unexpected delays. This will also help avoid similar situations in the future.Overall, the most important thing is to apologize and make things right with the customer. Show understanding and empathy towards their potential financial situation and offer to help in any way you can. This will not only help maintain a positive relationship with the customer, but also reflect well on your business and customer service skills.

1. What should I do if my bank card is declined while placing an order?

If your bank card is declined while placing an order, the first step is to double check that you have entered all of your payment information correctly. If everything is correct and the card is still being declined, contact your bank to inquire about any potential issues with your account or the card itself.

2. Can I use a different form of payment if my bank card is declined?

Yes, if your bank card is declined, you can try using a different form of payment such as a different debit or credit card. You can also use a different payment method, such as PayPal or Apple Pay, if they are available on the website you are making a purchase from.

3. Will my order be cancelled if my bank card is declined?

If your bank card is declined, your order may be put on hold until the payment issue is resolved. However, it is possible that your order may be cancelled if the payment cannot be processed within a certain timeframe. It is best to contact the customer service team for the company you are purchasing from to inquire about their specific policies.

4. What can I do to avoid my bank card being declined in the future?

To avoid having your bank card declined in the future, make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover the cost of your purchase. It is also important to keep your card information up to date and notify your bank if you are planning on making a larger than usual purchase. Additionally, regularly monitoring your account for any suspicious activity can help prevent potential issues with your bank card.

5. How long does it take for a declined transaction to be refunded?

The time it takes for a declined transaction to be refunded can vary depending on the specific policies of the company you are purchasing from and your bank. It is best to contact the customer service team for the company to inquire about their refund process and timeline. In general, it can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks for a refund to be processed and reflected in your account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • firediv
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cincychef