• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Needs to Get the Stink Out of Her Stone!

In summary, to remove smells from your Pampered Chef stone, soak it in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar for 30 minutes. Then, scrub it with a mixture of baking soda and water before rinsing and drying it. Avoid using soap to clean the stone as it can affect the taste of your food. Clean your stone after every use and store it in a cool, dry place with good air circulation to prevent odors. Do not put the stone in the dishwasher, as hand washing with hot water and a scraper is the best method.
KimmyDarling
Hi, y'all. I got the following email from a customer. Any ideas?

"Goodness, I screwed up.

I left my fluted barware in the sink to soak, and the kids ended up piling dirty dishes all over it. It smells like TRASH.

Can I soak something in it to remove the smell.??? It's icky! And I've just mastered Paula Deen's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake."

Yesterday there were posts about using baking soda paste to remove sticky stuff from stones... I would think that would be the best thing to start with but I am just going from what others posted.

I had a customer with bad fish odor on hers (long story). I suggested she try the biscuit trick. I told her to COVER every square inch of that stone. I also warned her it might take a few tries, but she said it worked with the first batch.

Rae, please tell me more. She should fill it with biscuits and bake them?

Yep and just throw out the biscuits. It should pull out any odors and/or lingering oils.:)

I will suggest that!Now, since it's the fluted pan, should she fill it with biscuits, or try to mold the dough to the sides?

I'd say try to push it into the sides and see if that helps. Good luck!

She's going to want to literally smash those biscuits into every nook and cranny, and bake them just like the directions say. Once they've cooled a bit, she'll take them out and throw them away. If any odor remains, repeat.

Y'all are the BEST! Thank you!!!!!

1. How do I remove smells from my Pampered Chef stone?

To get rid of odors from your stone, you can soak it in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar for 30 minutes. Then, scrub it with a mixture of baking soda and water before rinsing it off and drying it completely.

2. Can I use soap to clean my stone?

It is not recommended to use soap on your stone as it can leave a residue that affects the taste of your food. Instead, use hot water and a scraper to remove any stuck-on food particles.

3. How often should I clean my stone?

It is best to clean your stone after every use to prevent build-up of oils and residue. If you notice a strong odor or discoloration, it may be time for a deep clean.

4. Can I put my stone in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put your stone in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the stone. Hand washing with hot water and a scraper is the best method for cleaning.

5. How do I store my stone to prevent odors?

To prevent odors, store your stone in a cool, dry place with good air circulation. Avoid wrapping it tightly in plastic or storing it near strong-smelling foods. You can also sprinkle some baking soda on the stone before storing to absorb any lingering odors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • chefann