• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Can Opener Not Working Right

In summary, if your Pampered Chef can opener is not working properly, it could be due to a dull blade or worn out gears. To prevent metal shavings in your food, make sure to sharpen or replace the blade and clean it after each use. If the handle is slipping, try tightening the screws or replacing the gears. To clean the can opener, wipe it down with a damp cloth and avoid submerging it in water or putting it in the dishwasher.
kaseydee
Gold Member
I have a customer who said it now takes at least three turns around the can for the opener to finally get the lid off. She wants to know if there is a way to sharpen the opener.

Have you gotten the opener back from her and tried it yourself? I just can't imagine that it needs sharpening. I haven't had anyone state this kind of problem.

What is there to sharpen???? no blades...

Sometimes I have to go around a can a couple times. Some people have said that it's due to how much glue the can manufacturer has used. Either that, or it's a dud. I know some people say they never have trouble w/ theirs, so if she struggles w/ every can I'd look into getting it replaced if it's under guarantee.

I have had lots of people tell me this after heavy use for 2-3 years. I think the edge must get dull or something. I think there was a bad bunch arround 4 years ago. Alot of my customers tell me that's arround the time they got their dud.

My SIL's does this and I have used it. Definetly does not work as well as mine.

I agree- the duds are still out there BUT the glue the different companies use play a huge part on opening the cans. I've noticed the thicker the glue the more times you have to go around. My customers care about the lack of edges vs the number of times. :)

1. Why is my Pampered Chef can opener not working properly?

There could be a few reasons why your can opener is not working correctly. One common issue is that the blade may be dull and need to be sharpened. Another possibility is that the gears inside the can opener may be worn out and need to be replaced. Lastly, make sure you are using the can opener on the correct side of the can, as it is designed to only open cans from one direction.

2. My can opener is leaving metal shavings in my food. How do I fix this?

This is likely due to a dull blade on the can opener. We recommend sharpening the blade or replacing it with a new one. It is also important to clean the blade after each use to prevent buildup of metal shavings.

3. The handle on my can opener keeps slipping. What can I do?

If the handle on your can opener is slipping, it may be due to loose screws. Try tightening the screws on the handle to see if that resolves the issue. If not, the gears inside the can opener may be worn out and need to be replaced.

4. How do I clean my Pampered Chef can opener?

To clean your can opener, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth after each use. Do not submerge the can opener in water, as this can damage the internal gears. If necessary, you can also use a small brush to remove any food debris from the blade and gears.

5. Can I put my Pampered Chef can opener in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting your can opener in the dishwasher. The high heat and powerful water jets can damage the internal gears and cause the can opener to malfunction. It is best to hand wash your can opener with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momnixon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • jsanderson0508
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • leslieprichett