1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Customer can opener not working right

1. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

I have a customer who said it now takes at least three turns around the can for the opener to finally get the lid off. She wants to know if there is a way to sharpen the opener.

Apr 24, 2009
  2. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Have you gotten the opener back from her and tried it yourself? I just can't imagine that it needs sharpening. I haven't had anyone state this kind of problem.

Apr 24, 2009
  3. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

What is there to sharpen???? no blades...

Apr 24, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Sometimes I have to go around a can a couple times. Some people have said that it's due to how much glue the can manufacturer has used. Either that, or it's a dud. I know some people say they never have trouble w/ theirs, so if she struggles w/ every can I'd look into getting it replaced if it's under guarantee.

Apr 24, 2009
  5. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I have had lots of people tell me this after heavy use for 2-3 years. I think the edge must get dull or something. I think there was a bad bunch arround 4 years ago. Alot of my customers tell me that's arround the time they got their dud.

My SIL's does this and I have used it. Definetly does not work as well as mine.

Apr 24, 2009
  6. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

I agree- the duds are still out there BUT the glue the different companies use play a huge part on opening the cans. I've noticed the thicker the glue the more times you have to go around. My customers care about the lack of edges vs the number of times. :)

Apr 24, 2009
Have something to add?