• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Curious About Other Companies View of Us

um...I can't think of the word...I'm sorry...The Large Round Stone is $26 (plus T&S). Wanna call the local pizza place to have a large pizza delivered? That one order will cost you at least half the price. AT LEAST! So, the stone pays for itself in two or three meals, or less. If you're using the PC tools to cook at home more, you're actually saving money and eating healthier. With the Power Cooking recipes, add saving time to the list, as well.
Kelly8
I'm just curious after seeing a post on Director Chef Success about a consultant from another DS compnay badmouthing PC at a show. Has anyone ever heard anyone else bash us, especially without them knowing you were listening as a consultant for this company? And what did they say? How did you handle it?

I actually had a MK rep tell me that make up does better then PC in a bad economy. She knew I sold PC

I would have responded with, thank goodness all of my customers are more concerned with feeding their families than being vain.
Sorry...bad me...I would have LIKED to respond that way...

Like when the HGP consultant told everyone that their stones were from the same place as PC ones and they are better...um...no

My aunt has pointed out that her company splits the packages up for the host. Okay so when I did my jewelry party for her I maybe got 1 8x10x4 box that wasn't even completely full. Of course they can split up jewelry orders but I would hate to see how many boxes PC would have if they started doing that!

I am always batting back and forth with a Tupperware dealer.

The more I hear about other companies and what their consultants have to do (pay for kits, pay for host products, have their car they "earned" taken away, etc) I just can't believe that other consultants can find stuff to bash us with. Again, just curious with what they had to say.

They're just jealous is all! LOL

I had a Dove Chocolate gal, very jealous of the set up of Pampered Chef. She no longer sells Dove Chocolates because of their shipping costs.

The only bad thing that I have heard from people is that they think our items are overpriced.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I had a Dove Chocolate gal, very jelous of the set up of Pampered Chef. She no longer sells Dove Chocolates because of their shipping costs.

The only bad thing that I have heard from people is that they think our items are overpriced.

This was brought up at our last cluster meeting, and a very good point was made - something which I'll use at my shows.

The Large Round Stone is $26 (plus T&S). Wanna call the local pizza place to have a large pizza delivered? That one order will cost you at least half the price. AT LEAST! So, the stone pays for itself in two or three meals, or less.

If you're using the PC tools to cook at home more, you're actually saving money and eating healthier. With the Power Cooking recipes, add saving time to the list, as well.

pampchefsarah said:
This was brought up at our last cluster meeting, and a very good point was made - something which I'll use at my shows.

The Large Round Stone is $26 (plus T&S). Wanna call the local pizza place to have a large pizza delivered? That one order will cost you at least half the price. AT LEAST! So, the stone pays for itself in two or three meals, or less.

I LOVE this!! I'm a cheap-o, & that's the kind of thinking that talks me into buying things :)
I'm definately using this!

pampchefsarah said:

If you're using the PC tools to cook at home more, you're actually saving money and eating healthier. With the Power Cooking recipes, add saving time to the list, as well.

I totally agree! I really think people are having to do more cooking and need our tools to make cooking easier and more satisfying.

Our products are expensive...but you get what you pay for. WalMart carries a lot of the same kind of items we carry, but have you picked them up? Have you felt how light and flimsy...is that a word...a $20 non-stick skillet is? People always talk about how expensive our cookware is. Before I became a PC consultant I bought a $10 skillet at WalMart at least twice a year. I have been with PC for 9 years and married for 23...so, for 14 years I spent at least $20 a year on skillets that needed to be replaced every six months. For the last 9 years I have been using the Generation II cookware set and have had no problems.

PLUS we have the guarentees that walmart doesnt give you!

my best friend sells HGP and she doesn't even play up their stones she tells her customers if you want a good stone by one from christina I feel theirs are better. I haven't ran into too many people bad mouthing pc except I do find it rather funny after reading this that I did have a MK consultant do it and for me I think like pamperedchris feed your family before slapping make up on your face. They are really pushy for sure.

Shawnna said:
Our products are expensive...but you get what you pay for. WalMart carries a lot of the same kind of items we carry, but have you picked them up? Have you felt how light and flimsy...is that a word...a $20 non-stick skillet is? People always talk about how expensive our cookware is. Before I became a PC consultant I bought a $10 skillet at WalMart at least twice a year. I have been with PC for 9 years and married for 23...so, for 14 years I spent at least $20 a year on skillets that needed to be replaced every six months. For the last 9 years I have been using the Generation II cookware set and have had no problems.

Wow - I think I'm going to use you as a word picture for my shows! What a great story!:thumbup:

Shawnna said:

I am considering buying a Wal-mart one and letting my guest fell the difference.

Is that 'bad form'?

Crystal Patton said:
I am considering buying a Wal-mart one and letting my guest fell the difference.

Is that 'bad form'?

I had thought of taking one of my old skillets to a show to show the comparison but then realized I had thrown them all out already when I got my good cookware!

You can paint really good picture words without having to bring another item with you.

I wouldn't worry about lugging yet another item to shows. When people feel our cookware, they know. Just by picking up the 8" saute pan, I knew I wanted the whole set.

Jennie4PC said:
I actually had a MK rep tell me that make up does better then PC in a bad economy. She knew I sold PC

At which point I would ask her how many "shows" (or whatever they call them in the MK world) she has on her calendar, and how much inventory does she has in her garage.

I've only ever heard that our prices are too high... which I probably agreed with once upon a time, but seeing and feeling is believing.

I'm going to ask that you keep something in mind... 95% of the time if you hear a different ds conultant "bashing" our product they were trained that! Consultants don't generally come out with our stones are better than theirs on their own... and I know for a FACT that some MK directors have trained their consultants to think that no matter how bad the economy gets people will always buy two things... alcohol and makeup. So instead of getting upset about it, think of it as a training moment. Ask them WHY they think that, and then gently teach them why they're wrong.

Most people don't grow up thinking "one day I'm going to sell... (insert ds opportunity here)" Most people go to a party... think I love these products and he or she looks like their having fun so I'm gonna try it. All they know about DS companies is what they are told by their recruiter about that specific plan... and what they learn in training. Very few people, at least that I've encountered have a good working knowledge of more than one ds opportunity.

Most other DS companies look up to PC and the corporate side of things to model after them. EVERY new DS company looks at PC as a model - really! We have great resources, great structure, a long track record in industry, etc.What you are dealing with is petty people and jealous people trying to make their product better by bashing another.I see that all the time in industry and the workplace. Some people just can't strive to better THEMSELVES. They feel that to be secure they need to hoard information or knock others down to get up.These same personalities are reflected in all the stories you are all mentioning.The BEST way to sell PC is let the products speak for themselves. They are good. People realize that. You can emphasize the good qualities without making a negative comparison to others.Stick with that and you will win in the end. Getting into battles back and forth belittles the company and yourself in the eyes of the customer.

Ok...first, I have seen first hand Carol ask another DS company consultant about their show schedule and inventory - always shuts them up about bashing PC.

Second, Janet I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't compare our line with others. I don't talk about how expensive items are - I honestly don't think our products are expensive (with the exception for a few items, which I don't even show). I play up the postives. People will draw their own conclusions about the quality of our product and not even mention the price.

The customers that complain about the price are the ones who aren't going to be your big spenders anyway. Just bless and release!

Mark Kay is advertising jobs on TV Why has PC not thought of that

Last edited:
sammylld said:

I could be wrong, but I believe that PC was advertising jobs on websites such as Career Builder, and also I believe magazines.

sammylld said:

Maybe because they like us to have the relationships and the recruits... ???

I would never bash PC as another consultant or bash another DS company at least on product or practice when representing PC. Having said that, I have some problems with certain DS companies. Every MK rep I've encountered with very few exceptions is very pushy and annoying. I also have had negative experiences with their products so I wouldn't recommend them personally. I used to sell Avon and was even selling for the 2nd time when I joined PC. The first time I signed for avon was for extra $$. I never made any. I tried recruiting w/in avon and that was hard because I'd recruit my best customers then I'd have no customers and AVON rep saturation is high here IMHO. I feel when you recruit from PC you really aren't going to lose customers because there are more people they can sell to that you may never encounter and vise versa. I also like that with PC you know earn with just one recruit. With AVON you earned nothing on your recruits until you had 5 active and your sales had to be something that to me was hard to achieve. I feel PC's structure is easier. I also think it's easier to earn more $$ with PC with less effort. The other thing with AVON is that it's only $10 to sign, but every two weeks you place an order and you pay for those brochures each time and that can add up with samples etc. I know we pay for catalogs too, but at least they are all good for 6 months vs. 2 weeks (6 technically). Sorry for my rant but I just love PC and wouldn't go back to AVON again and don't see myself ever leaving PC!!!:chef:

What does Pampered Chef offer that sets it apart from other companies?

Pampered Chef offers high-quality kitchen tools and accessories that are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable. Our focus on innovation and customer satisfaction sets us apart from other companies in the industry.

Do other companies view Pampered Chef as a competitor?

While there may be other companies in the kitchen tool and accessory market, we believe that our unique products and business model make us stand out from the competition. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible experience and are constantly working to improve and stay ahead in the industry.

How does Pampered Chef maintain a positive relationship with its customers?

At Pampered Chef, we value our customers and make it a priority to maintain open communication and provide exceptional customer service. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products, ensuring that our customers are always happy with their purchases.

What is the company culture like at Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a company that values teamwork, innovation, and a passion for cooking and entertaining. We believe in creating a positive and inclusive work environment for our employees, and we strive to promote a healthy work-life balance.

Are there any new products or initiatives that Pampered Chef has in the works?

We are constantly developing new and innovative products to make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable for our customers. We also have initiatives in place to promote sustainability and give back to the community through various partnerships and programs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• debbieskitchenhelper
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies