• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for Personalizing Your Pens

In summary, the Wal-Mart photo dept puts old 35mm film on there pens. I friend puts flowers on her pens. I wanted to do something that had to do with PC or at least having to do with a kitchen, so I decided to try the twix it clips. Would the twix it clips be to big? Can anyone think of anything? I wouldn't put products on your pens, more than likely they will walk off!!
naekelsey
Gold Member
I am wanting to put something on my pens so they don't just grow legs and walk off.

The Wal-Mart photo dept puts old 35mm film on there pens. I friend puts flowers on her pens. I wanted to do something that had to do with PC or at least having to do with a kitchen.

Would the twix it clips be to big? Can anyone think of anything?

I wouldn't put products on your pens, more than likely they will walk off!! I use to do flowers. You can get about 8 flowers per bunch at Dollar Tree (or check wal-mart or even hobby stores when they go on sale). I quit doing it a while ago when I bought a bunch of pens for super cheap at the after school sale.If you want to do something fun, maybe print off our whisk or something on card stock and tape on the pens. Or even just plastic spoons (they have the metal looking plastic spoons), they are kitchen-esk.

i use these from thebooster.com - and you're in luck! they're on sale this week!http://www.thebooster.com/229-spp-pen-pal-stickers-229

I have done the flower idea and I think it just takes up to much room, although, it did help with no one ever taking pens... I like the pen stickers. Will have to order some and see how that goes...Thanks guys..

I gave up, bought the personalized ones from Merrill and encourage them to keep them now. It's a tax write off AND ... as long as that pen has ink, they are going to remember who I am! No one goes home & throws out pens. They hang on to them. It's great advertising. :D

i buy the cheap bic ones come home throw the lids away and my pens don't walk :) No woman wants to put a pen without a cap on it in her purse.

Use RED pens! That's what I do, and now I give every new consultant a pack of red pens. Teachers are the only ones who will try to take your pens. I have even started telling the guests, "Everyone gets a red pen to use. I hand out red pens because then you all will give them back! You'll realize, 'This is a red pen. I don't have a red pen. It must not be mine!'" They all laugh, and I get my pens back. I bought 40 pens when I started in April 2010 and have prabably 35 left. And I bought the cheap ones! The fact that they're cheap, not comfortable to write with, makes them less appealing to "steal".;)

I have used several different pens in 9 years - red pens, cheap pens, personalized pens - they all work. Red and cheap stay around for quite some time. Personalized get taken and are great advertising (but I have to say that I have not gotten a call with "I got your name off a pen"). I now make the investment in magnets. People love magnets and I have gotten several many calls from them.If you want to flag your pens you could tape plastic utensils on them. I have seen stores use plastic spoons but you could also use fork and knife and even come up with a game "everyone who has a fork..." no clue from there but some clever person could come up with something".

nationalpen.com

I got tired of replacing pens and this site was recommended to me. If you watch the sales you can get them for as little as .14/each. Once you order from them they will send you custom samples in the mail...all the time! I never get them w/out a sale. Lots of times they'll have them buy 1 get 2 free. Great advertising, except you'll hear lots of "oh, here's your pen..NO Keep it really!".

I put my name, phone number, website and usually can fit other details on them as well. You can customize as you want.

Barb, do you have any promo codes for on there? $98 for 200 of the cheapo pens seems like a lot to me.

I've got tons @ home so have been deleting e-mails they send so don't have any at the moment, but will post next time I get one in the mail or e-mail. Sign up for their newsletter or ask for a catalog and it will put you on the discount list. I've never paid over .20/each for pens. Have ordered at least 4 times and always have been happy.

Thanks for the ideas!!

pchockeymom said:
Use RED pens! That's what I do, and now I give every new consultant a pack of red pens. Teachers are the only ones who will try to take your pens. I have even started telling the guests, "Everyone gets a red pen to use. I hand out red pens because then you all will give them back! You'll realize, 'This is a red pen. I don't have a red pen. It must not be mine!'" They all laugh, and I get my pens back. I bought 40 pens when I started in April 2010 and have prabably 35 left. And I bought the cheap ones! The fact that they're cheap, not comfortable to write with, makes them less appealing to "steal".;)

I have also been using red pens and have lost very few. One thing I want to share is what I just recently learned at the credit union when I was making a deposit. I have guests who use the red pen to write their check and the gal at the credit union told me that most checks are now electronically scanned and the red ink doesn't scan well. Sometimes it may even result in the amount actually looking blank and if there was ever a dispute over the check, I couldn't prove how much it was for :eek: I now have a few blue or black pens available and encourage my guests to use one to write their check.

Sheila said:
I gave up, bought the personalized ones from Merrill and encourage them to keep them now. It's a tax write off AND ... as long as that pen has ink, they are going to remember who I am! No one goes home & throws out pens. They hang on to them. It's great advertising. :D

That's why for my church wedding, we gave away pens. It was triangular shaped with our names on one side, our wedding dates on another (legal wedding & church wedding - it's a military thing), and my husband's business website on the third. Those who didn't want them left them behind, those who wanted them, took home handfuls! One of my co-workers whose mother attended my wedding was using one of my wedding pens at work 5+ years later! I knew it was hers and not mine because I'd used and lost all of my spare wedding pens before I ever transferred into that store.

When I have the money, that is one thing I WILL buy from Merrill! For the quantity and cost, it's about the same as printing your own. I looked into that but without being able to use the tagline or my website, there wasn't much point.

I love them Jane! :D The customers seem to be pretty impressed too. I did make a BIG order the month before I promoted to AD, so they all say D ~ but I don't care! LOLChurch Wedding? What's that?? We only got the legal wedding!!! ;)

Sheila;827974Church Wedding? What's that?? We only got the legal wedding!!! ;)[/QUOTE said:
A Church Wedding is when it snows a foot the night before so all your wedding party members from Texas can experience driving Cameros in the snow and then a child molester in a black robe and white collar tells you the church and God will recognize you as being legally married so you won't go to hell.

At least that's MY experience with a Church Wedding! And yes, the "child molester" is in fact in jail.

pchockeymom said:
A Church Wedding is when it snows a foot the night before so all your wedding party members from Texas can experience driving Cameros in the snow and then a child molester in a black robe and white collar tells you the church and God will recognize you as being legally married so you won't go to hell.

At least that's MY experience with a Church Wedding! And yes, the "child molester" is in fact in jail.

Sorry for your experience.

I ran to the courthouse in November 2002 for my legal wedding. My National Guard unit was about to deploy to Afghanistan. I ended up staying home and going to Iraq in March 2003 with a different unit instead.

My church wedding was called a convalidation because I was already married. Since it was in June 2005, I decided it would be tacky to act like we hadn't been married for 2½ years already, especially since I took his name right away. The guy with the white collar performing the ceremony was my oldest brother who is a Catholic priest. I have run into many military people who got married legally first to comply with military rules (your common-law wife will never be a dependent unless you make it legal, kids are a different story) and then had the church wedding they wanted/planned when they were able to. Housing allotments or on base housing, separation pay, health insurance are only granted to legal dependants.

We let his commanding officer pick our first date so that we'd have the best chance of it NOT getting canceled. We were told "maybe" no honeymoon, then "no honeymoon, put probably a wedding" ~ so we postponed before the announcements were printed. Couldn't get them to agree to the 2nd date. 3rd date didn't work out either. We finally ended up at the court house to make it legal before he left on a 6 month deployment. On his previous deployment I broke my back & was in the hospital ~ he couldn't come home. He didn't want them to not recognize our relationship again should something happen on this deployment. Of course LUCKILY we jinxed it & everything went smoothly! LOL We didn't tell anyone with the hopes that we could do a big wedding after deployment, but caved 8 months later & fessed up to everyone. Never did get to do the church wedding.

I didn't get a church wedding either. And honestly, I think if I'd pushed for a church wedding instead of just a legal marriage I'd never have gotten married. It wasn't until about a year ago I realized Jon has no desire to be a Christian man. And a church wedding with the Catholic church means taking couples counselling before the marriage.
Pretty sure that would've put a kabosh in our wedding in the early stages. Oh well, past is past. And I just got a $20 deal on a brand new wedding dress from a friend so next time I get married it darn well better be in a church so I can show it off. LOL!!On the original topic... I ordered my pen flags from the booster. I should be getting them soon - now I need to go buy pens. At my show last night I realized I was almost out!

I was able to get the church wedding as it was a deathbed promise to my mother that I'd "get married the right way." Her intention was that I get married in one fell swoop in the church. I knew I wasn't promising that, but would go back after the fact to finish what I started. Joel is not a church goer even though he was raised Catholic too. We took the counseling and classes for a Catholic marrying a non-Catholic. I count my blessings, he may not be a Christian, but he's a decent husband and father. The father thing has taken time as Matt has gotten bigger. For a lot of men, kids are not much fun until they get a litte bigger and they can do activities with them. He loves his "little helper" in the garage most of the time now. A year ago it was a different story. Hopefully Jon will come around eventually.

Shelby, next time don't go military ... go millionaire! LOLJane, my deathbed promise was to my Dad & it was to never go bungee jumping! He showed us up, defied the Doctors & lived almost 11 more years too. But he got me to make that promise while he could! He was sneaky like that. LOL

Sheila said:
Shelby, next time don't go military ... go millionaire! LOL

Jane, my deathbed promise was to my Dad & it was to never go bungee jumping! He showed us up, defied the Doctors & lived almost 11 more years too. But he got me to make that promise while he could! He was sneaky like that. LOL

Haha! I love the military lifestyle. It actually suits me quite well and I enjoy being part of something so great. If I don't get remarried to military, I'll just enlist myself. LOL! And millionaire is bad news for me. I would probably just spend it all. LOL!!

Related to Creative Ideas for Personalizing Your Pens

What are some ways to personalize my pens for gifts?

Some ideas for personalizing pens for gifts include engraving the recipient's name or initials, adding a small charm or trinket to the top of the pen, using decorative washi tape to create a unique design, or wrapping the pen with a personalized message or quote.

Can I personalize pens for a specific event or occasion?

Yes, you can personalize pens for any event or occasion. For example, you can add the date and location of a wedding or graduation, a company logo for a corporate event, or a holiday-themed design for Christmas or Valentine's Day.

Are there any special techniques for personalizing pens?

One technique for personalizing pens is to use heat transfer vinyl to add designs or text to the pen. Another technique is to use a wood burning tool to engrave designs or names onto wooden pens. You can also use permanent markers or paint pens to add designs or hand-lettered messages.

What type of pens are best for personalization?

Pens with a smooth and even surface, such as metal or plastic, are best for personalization. Avoid pens with textured or rubber grips, as it may be difficult for designs or stickers to adhere to these surfaces.

Can I order personalized pens in bulk for a special event or promotion?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers bulk ordering for personalized pens. You can choose from a variety of designs and personalization options, and our team can assist you with placing a large order for your event or promotion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
heat123
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies