• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Track Your Pens at Events: Looking for an Idea?

In summary, the writer is looking for an idea on how to get people to come to the show to check out and buy items. The writer suggests getting pens with your information on them, having a full service checkout where you take care of everything, and leaving a business card and pen for each person.
AlowayFamily
Gold Member
Hi everyone! I'm looking for an idea I read on here (I think). The idea is to put numbers on the pens you use at your shows, and then call the number, or something like that, when you are checking guests out.

Has anyone seen this? I think a small door prize is given when they bring their pen back to you, or it is just a way to get your pens back and the customer to you.

I want to do this, but I would like to read the details again before I jump into it.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

It's an interesting idea, but it seems like it would be easier to buy inexpensive pens and not worry about it.

Yes, that is true. I have inexpensive pens, so my goal is not to get the pen, but the person. I am struggling with my show checkout and I can't seem to get the people to come see me.

I am not farmilliar with this but I have a few ideas for you.

1. Invest in inexpensive personalized pens. If people take them then they have your info.

2. Get pens with a clear barrel and that unscrew. Print out your info on paper, cut out and insert in barrel. (I used to do this with gell pens from Sams club). Got to be too much work for me but people loved them.

3. order pen flag sticker from the booster or a similar site.

AlowayFamily said:
Yes, that is true. I have inexpensive pens, so my goal is not to get the pen, but the person. I am struggling with my show checkout and I can't seem to get the people to come see me.

Did you attend a Regional Conference this year? There was a great segment on the Full Service Checkout, with some excellent word choices for getting people to come to you individually.

I think the Workshop Booklet is available either now or very soon on CC - and the word choices are in there.

I guess I'm not understanding what you are trying to accomplish...

I think Paulette, that she is trying to get people to come to her for checkout, instead of just throwing their order forms at her - she is wanting one-on-one time with guests at checkout. (correct me if I'm wrong!)ETA:
Geesh! not Pauline, Paulette - I was just on the phone closing a show with a Pauline, and it's stuck in my brain - sorry!

You could suggest that when guests have their order form ready they can bring it up and place it at the bottom of the pile and that you will call them when you get to theirs. That way they don't have to wait in line and can use that time to eat and visit. ...and you get individual one on one time with each of them to build that all important relationship to recruit, book or make a loyal customer.

PS: I would also say that if someone has to leave right away, you will take them first. People don't mind waiting if they are doing something fun (eating, visiting...).

I tell everyone before I close that I am going to give each person a full service checkout to make sure I take care of all their needs. I also tell them I have a recipe for each person to take home. Then I say if someone has to leave immediately to come chat with me first. This has been working for me. I did also bought pens, that I give people with their catalogs and tell them they can keep them.

I also always leave a business card and pen to every server when I go to restaurants.

Thanks for all the information - I will try that at my next show! I wasn't able to attend a Regional Conference, so I will look for that information on CC.Thanks again!

Related to Track Your Pens at Events: Looking for an Idea?

1. How can I track my pens at events?

One idea is to create a sign-in sheet for attendees to fill out when they take a pen. This way, you can keep track of who has taken a pen and follow up with them if necessary.

2. What is the best way to prevent pens from getting lost at events?

A good idea is to attach pens to a lanyard or keychain, making it easier for attendees to keep them with them at all times. You could also offer a small prize for those who return their pens at the end of the event.

3. How can I make my pens stand out at events?

Consider using brightly colored pens or ones with unique designs to make them more noticeable. You could also have a designated pen display or giveaway area to draw attention to them.

4. Is it worth investing in custom branded pens for events?

Absolutely! Custom branded pens not only serve as a useful promotional item, but they also help create brand recognition and make your company stand out at events.

5. What should I do with leftover pens after an event?

If you have leftover pens, you can save them for future events or use them as promotional items for your employees or customers. You could also donate them to a local charity or school.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • jkendall