• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Platters? What to Use?

In summary, the Large Round Platter #2034 is a good fit for turning out skillet cakes, while the Oval Platter with Cranberry is also suitable.
magentablue
For those of you that make them... what do you turn them out onto? I don't have any of the platters yet, so I wasn't sure what would work.

Thanks!

I turn them out onto the round white SA platter...but I know some who have turned them out onto the large round stone.

SA white platter!

I don't have the SA platter so at home I turn them out on to my large round stone with handles. At a party I did we made the turtle cake and used the new nylon knife to cut and serve on individual plates and the hostess took the plates around the room and gave everyone one

Do you use the SS 12" skillet or the Executive 12" skillet?

newchef2010 said:
I don't have the SA platter so at home I turn them out on to my large round stone with handles. At a party I did we made the turtle cake and used the new nylon knife to cut and serve on individual plates and the hostess took the plates around the room and gave everyone one

This is what I had thought I would do since I don't have a platter either.

I have heard of people turning them out on the collapsable 8 qt. bowl with the lid on and also I have turned one on the cake pedastal. It was a little tricky but it worked.

I find it very hard to turn out on the stone - holding the stone as well as a warm/hot cake in the pan is very heavy as far as I'm concerned. I use to the SA round platter and even find that difficult. And I've yet to be able to do it without burning my forearm during the turn - just me. I'm lucky I haven't dropped the entire thing on my feet.

Maybe it's a silly question, but don't you cool your cake before you turn it out?

I do cool it some but only about 10 minutes - they stay quiet warm and the pan stays very warm as well. Especially when you are doing it at a show and want to turn it out and give it to people while it's warm - especially the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. It is best warm.

which SA platter are you talking about? i just want to make sure i'm thinking of the right one!

The Large Round Platter #2034 - $38. It's a perfect fit and very pretty.

I used to use the Lg cutting board or ask the host for a platter you can arrange this in advance

I have always asked the host in the past b/c it makes it easier to just leave it there and not have another dirty dish to take home. But I like the idea of using our serving stuff for it too!

I do have the Oval Platter with Cranberry - do you think it would work on that?

i use the large bamboo platter...It works well :)

Anything. You can use a cutting board, bamboo board, cookie sheet. Yes - let it cool about 3-4 minutes. I have set the pan out of the oven, on the SA round platter to warm it up, then held it on the top with potholders, flipped, and it always comes out so beautifully!

I suppose you could make the lava cake in the 12" skillet too? How long would you bake it for? 20-30 min? Thanks!

I only have the stainless steel 12" skillet - can you make the cake in this if you grease and flour them? Or would it be best for me to invest in the nonstick 12"?

melissasutkus said:
I only have the stainless steel 12" skillet - can you make the cake in this if you grease and flour them? Or would it be best for me to invest in the nonstick 12"?

I'd invest in the Executive one, as I think it will stick in the Stainless Steel Skillet, even if you grease and flour it.:(

melissasutkus said:

It's definitely worth the investment. ;) Although, I have heard some people post on here that they do skillet cakes in their SS just fine. You can always experiment if you want to know for sure. :D I'd definitely grease and flour first.

You can always try lining the bottom of the skillet with a 12" circle of parchment paper.

I think there are different skillet cake recipes for the stainless because some of the ones for the executive will stick. I just wanted some of the training for the stainless cookware and they demo-ed a mocha cake in the 12 in stainless skillet. It is high on my wish list when I finally get to my kit enhancement (new consultant so I couldn't do April).

Related to Creating Platters? What to Use?

1. What is the best type of platter to use for creating a charcuterie board?

The best type of platter to use for a charcuterie board is a wooden or slate board. These materials add a rustic and elegant touch to the presentation and also provide a sturdy base for arranging the various meats, cheeses, and other accompaniments.

2. Can I use a regular dinner plate as a platter for serving food?

While you can certainly use a regular dinner plate for serving food, it may not be the most practical or visually appealing option. Platters are typically larger and flatter than dinner plates, allowing for more space to arrange and display food. They also come in a variety of materials and designs to suit different occasions and themes.

3. How do I choose the right size platter for my event?

The size of platter you choose will depend on the number of guests and the amount of food you plan to serve. As a general rule, a larger platter is better for larger groups and a smaller platter is suitable for smaller gatherings. It's also a good idea to have a variety of sizes on hand to accommodate different types of food and presentations.

4. What is the best way to arrange food on a platter?

There is no one right way to arrange food on a platter, but a good tip is to start with the larger items and work your way down to the smaller ones. This will help create a balanced and visually appealing display. It's also important to leave some space between the different items to make them more easily accessible for guests.

5. Can I use platters for serving hot food?

Yes, platters can be used for serving hot food, but it's important to choose a heat-resistant material such as ceramic or metal. Make sure to also use oven mitts or a trivet when handling hot platters and avoid placing them directly on a delicate surface to prevent damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
skaugchef
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies