• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Sampling Station: Ideas & Tips

In summary, Jodi had a successful show with 200 in sales. She recommends bringing a lot of handouts, a pretty spring table cloth, and a door prize to collect information.
jodistrauss
YIKES!! How should I set this up? Do I make any samples or just have some candy set out with some of the products? I was even thinking I might do a "sample my products" table with a couple of cucumbers/potatoes. Any ideas??

jodistrauss said:
YIKES!! How should I set this up? Do I make any samples or just have some candy set out with some of the products? I was even thinking I might do a "sample my products" table with a couple of cucumbers/potatoes. Any ideas??
Make a display of the Starter Kit and some of the new products including the HWC products if you have them.

I have had food and not had food - hasn't seemed to matter at most fairs. If you are nervous it would give you something to say to get people to your table if you make samples.

Be sure to have a drawing (I give a gift certificate that I make). It gives you a reason to collect information from people for future leads. Also have something to give them. A flyer, a recipe, something. You don't have time to order the mini catalogs but those are perfect for booths. There's a doc on this forum with the new products on it. You could print that off and put a recipe on the back. Make sure your contact information is on anything you give out.

There is more you could do too but you are on quite a crunch! Have fun!

That sounds great. I hadn't even thought about putting the starter kit on display. I think I am still in stunned mode. I think of this as a gift dropped directly into my lap from God-I just wish I could've had a little more warning.

You'll be fine! Enjoy it. Make a list of what you need to bring. If you forget a product that is okay but don't forget the drawing slips and something with your name on it to give out!!

Personally, with your kind of notice I would not spend time making food. Buy a bag of candy if you must put something out.

One thing to remember is just to have FUN!

Make sure that you get everyone to fill out the door prize slips in it's entirety.

I always ask them to write the product(s) they would like to get for FREE on the back of the slip...gives me a chance to build rapport when I call them back...

Oh, and call them within 24 hours to talk to them again. Most vendor events are so busy you don't have a chance to talk to everyone!

Good Luck!!

How much space will you have? I like the idea of a demo area but if space is tight I would pass--it will get messy and be hard to manage. Bring a pretty spring table cloth for your table--if you don't have something spring just use something pastel. I did one right before Easter and had an Easter egg table cloth and a couple of stuffed animal bunnies, filled the trifle bowl with that plastic grass stuff and plastic eggs. My eggs had jelly beans and a special offer for people who booked (no one booked but a couple of kids took off with eggs--go figure). Anyway, it looked cute and I had people comment on my table so I now that brought people in. I put out candies in the SA small bowl caddy on one side and my biz card on the other side. Bring tons of hand outs, I would save the catalogs but give your biz card, mini catalogs, and bring wedding reg./fundraising info too. Bring print outs of upcoming specials and dont' forget your calendar! Definitely do a door prize to collect info--the next time I do this I am going to have people hand them to me so that I can make sure the info is complete and jot down any notes to jog my memory about the person for when I follow up. have fun!

Well....the event was last night and the turnout was better than i had originally thought. I ended up with about 200 in sales and quite a few booking leads. All in all, i am really pleased with my 1 day notice show. Thanks for all your advice!!!

thats great jodi! congrats, now get on those leads so you can get more shows shows shows!!!

That is fantastic Jodi.

Congrats Jodi!!

Congrats Jodi!!! Let us know how it goes!

What supplies do I need to create a sampling station?

To create a successful sampling station, you will need a variety of serving dishes, utensils, and food storage containers. Some must-haves include small plates or bowls, toothpicks or cocktail forks, serving spoons or tongs, and sample cups or sealable bags. You may also want to consider using decorative items such as tablecloths, signs, and label holders to enhance your display.

How do I keep my samples fresh and safe to eat?

To ensure the safety and freshness of your samples, it is important to keep them at the proper temperature. Use ice packs or chill bowls to keep cold foods cold, and use warming trays or chafing dishes to keep hot foods hot. Make sure to also properly store any perishable items and discard any samples that have been sitting out for too long.

What types of foods should I include in my sampling station?

The key to a successful sampling station is variety. Include a mix of sweet and savory options, as well as different textures and flavors. Some popular choices include dips and spreads, bite-sized appetizers, and mini desserts. You can also incorporate different cooking methods, such as grilling, baking, and using Pampered Chef products like the Quick Cooker or Rockcrok.

How can I make my sampling station visually appealing?

Presentation is key when it comes to creating an eye-catching sampling station. Use a variety of colors, textures, and heights to create visual interest. Arrange the food in an organized and inviting way, and use decorative items like banners or flowers to add a pop of color. Don't forget to also label the dishes and provide toothpicks or small plates for easy sampling.

How can I encourage customers to try my samples?

Engage with your customers and make them feel welcomed and comfortable. Offer a friendly greeting and explain what each sample is and how it's prepared. Consider providing recipe cards or product information to pique their interest. You can also offer incentives, such as discounts or a chance to win a prize, for trying your samples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Gabrin
Replies
Views
chickey
  • salthechef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
salthechef