• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crate and Barrel Bamboo Salt/Pepper Mill

In summary, the new Crate and Barrel product is an acrylic bamboo salt/pepper mill. It is 7.5" high and has a 90 day warranty. It is $19.95 with the salt and pepper in them.
JAE
I was just looking at Crate and Barrel's new products. They have new Acrylic Bamboo Salt/Pepper Mill. I was surprised to see them. I really like this store, but it's so far away. I'd like to see this stuff in person.

JAE said:
I was just looking at Crate and Barrel's new products. They have new Acrylic Bamboo Salt/Pepper Mill. I was surprised to see them. I really like this store, but it's so far away. I'd like to see this stuff in person.
How much were they?

ChefBeckyD said:
How much were they?
$19.95 with the salt and pepper in them.

Whoops. I was going to give the link. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=8028&f=30436 Here it is.

I notice that they don't say the height of their grinder either. It could be smaller. It also doesn't say if it will grind other spices. And the shipping is $6.95.

They're 7.5" high (it's near the little pics where you would click to order.

They are really cute, with the bamboo at the bottom too...

Wow - did you see all the other bamboo stuff at the bottom of the page?!

AnnieBee said:
Wow - did you see all the other bamboo stuff at the bottom of the page?!
Yes, I saw the other bamboo, but I wasn't impressed. I'm not impressed with acrylic mills either. They only have a 90 day warranty, too.

I love C&B. I can spend hours in there. I love the glassware and serving platters... and they usually have great seasonal items too.

They don't mention the material that the grinding mechanism is made of. That means it's probably metal, since a ceramic mechanism is a great selling point. Metal corrodes and attracts moisture. That's not good, especially for a salt grinder. Judging by the relative size of the peppercorns, I'm also guessing they're smaller. All in all, ours seems to be a much better deal.

raebates said:
They don't mention the material that the grinding mechanism is made of. That means it's probably metal, since a ceramic mechanism is a great selling point. Metal corrodes and attracts moisture. That's not good, especially for a salt grinder. Judging by the relative size of the peppercorns, I'm also guessing they're smaller.

All in all, ours seems to be a much better deal.

Good point we need to address this when someone says something about our grinders and their price compared to others. We need to stay focused on the positive side of our businesses and that will help with sales and recruits. IMHO

Sold a couple today. Grinders aren't necessarily something with which most of your guests will be familiar. That's why it's important to make sure we're a little mroe informed about them.

I actually thought ours were glass. I need to study up.

William Sonoma has some that look like ours but they cost a lot more!

Those Bamboo Salad Servers are nice.

Hey,, a litttle healthy competition is good for all! That people IS the business world!

What is the material of the Crate and Barrel Bamboo Salt/Pepper Mill?

The Crate and Barrel Bamboo Salt/Pepper Mill is made of high-quality bamboo, which is a sustainable and eco-friendly material.

Can the coarseness of the grind be adjusted on this salt/pepper mill?

Yes, the coarseness of the grind can be easily adjusted by twisting the top of the mill to your desired setting.

How do I refill the salt/pepper mill when it runs out?

To refill the Crate and Barrel Bamboo Salt/Pepper Mill, unscrew the top and pour in your desired amount of salt or peppercorns. Then simply screw the top back on.

Is this salt/pepper mill easy to clean?

Yes, the Crate and Barrel Bamboo Salt/Pepper Mill is very easy to clean. Simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly before refilling.

What is the size of this salt/pepper mill?

This salt/pepper mill measures approximately 6 inches in height and 2.5 inches in diameter, making it the perfect size for any kitchen counter or dining table.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soonerchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • missyciccolella
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4
Replies
Views
MissChef