• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for an Old-Style Pepper/Salt Mill - Anyone Have One?

In summary, the best way to find an old-style pepper/salt mill is to check out thrift stores, antique shops, or online marketplaces like eBay or Etsy. It is important to check for signs of wear and tear before using an old-style mill, and giving it a thorough cleaning with warm water and soap is recommended. There are also modern versions of old-style mills available that offer the same aesthetic but with updated features and materials. Using an old-style mill adds charm and nostalgia to your kitchen, and they are often more durable and can be passed down through generations. To properly care for and maintain an old-style mill, regular cleaning and lightly oiling the mechanism with food-safe oil is recommended. Avoid using harsh chemicals or soaking the mill
nikki70563
Gold Member
I have someone who is looking for the old style pepper and salt mill (think that is what it is called) does anyone have one?

I think I do. Let me check.Edited to add: Nope. Sorry. I must have sold it at a fair this summer.

I have one. - new

when my sister heard that they were discontinuing the salt/pepper mill she ordered four off of me. She just :love: LOVES :love: them

:chef:

What is the best way to find an old-style pepper/salt mill?

To find an old-style pepper/salt mill, your best bet would be to check out thrift stores, antique shops, or online marketplaces like eBay or Etsy. You can also try reaching out to family and friends to see if they have any old mills they no longer use.

How can I determine if an old-style pepper/salt mill is still safe to use?

If you have found an old-style pepper/salt mill, it is important to check for any signs of wear and tear. Make sure the grinding mechanism is still intact and functional. You can also give it a thorough cleaning with warm water and soap before using it for the first time.

Are there any modern versions of old-style pepper/salt mills available?

Yes, there are many companies that offer modern versions of old-style pepper/salt mills. You can search for "vintage-style" or "retro" mills to find options that have the aesthetic of an old-style mill but with updated features and materials.

What are the benefits of using an old-style pepper/salt mill?

Using an old-style pepper/salt mill adds a touch of nostalgia and charm to your kitchen. These mills often have a more durable construction and can be passed down through generations. Plus, grinding your own pepper and salt allows for a fresher and more flavorful seasoning experience.

How do I properly care for and maintain an old-style pepper/salt mill?

To keep your old-style pepper/salt mill in top condition, it is important to regularly clean it and make sure the grinding mechanism is still functioning properly. You can also lightly oil the mechanism with food-safe oil to prevent rust and keep it running smoothly. Avoid using harsh chemicals or soaking the mill in water, as this can damage the wood or metal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newchefmommy
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
newchefmommy
  • amychefofPA
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
amychefofPA
  • Leslie Wallace