• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Show Sales: Leveraging Couples Attending for Higher Buys

In summary, the husband and wife guest dynamic can be a powerful tool for increasing sales. The husband should be encouraged to talk up the products and be the "extrovert" of the team.
lauraP2000
A few months ago, I asked for help reeling in a potential host who was a husband. Thanks to your help, he did book a show, and now it's this weekend. He has 10 people attending, but that includes 4 couples and 2 other people - so really only 6 households represented. I've encouraged him to think of other people to invite, but he's resisting.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any cool tips for tapping into the husband and wife guest dynamic to get higher buys? I've heard that having the husband present makes the wife feel less limited, and I've heard that guys really get into our products. But what specifically should I say to lead them in that direction?

I have a Couples Show on Monday.....and the guy who is hosting with his wife is so excited about it. Right now (and it's early - so this could change) there are 7 couples attending (they invited 32 couples). So, at the request of the guy, I am bringing all of my grilling tools, and the guys are going to do the 20 minute ribs and finish them on the grill (and it could be snowing!:eek: ) and the women are going to be working on the mini pesto pizzas.....and then I will bring them all together and finish off a Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. Those who don't already have their hands on some tools will be making salsa with the salad choppers and stirring up some guacamole.......I'm hoping that by having them all get their hands on as many tools as possible, the sales will be big! I'm going to present the grilling tools as a set that can be purchased as a gift for around $100 (haven't figured out total cost yet) and also the small bowls and caddy w/ the salad choppers and guacamole mix as a set........still thinking of my other sets that I want to talk about......

Is there a specific recipe to follow for salsa made with the salad chopper? I can't seem to find it.

lauraP2000 said:
Is there a specific recipe to follow for salsa made with the salad chopper? I can't seem to find it.
It's on page 32 of the catalog, up in the corner next to the salad choppers.It is addictive!

Awesome, thanks! I've never noticed that before!

My most recent host had her boss and his wife. They purchased $190 in products which was the highest order of that party for 22 guests. He just melted into the crowd but apparently loves to cook. They ordered multiples of several items - probably for Xmas gifts. She got outside orders from three
other men who work with her.

My husband and I both do parties together as consultants and we love it! Chad loves the cookware and the grilling tools... he likes talking up the products and he is the definite EXTROVERT of our team, and our first show was supposed to have quite a few couples and we learned from experience that most of the ones that said YES WE'LL BE THERE were nowhere to be found when the show started!

If you are coaching a husband and wife, i would get on speakerphone with them and encourage them both to talk it up-- make it a saturday night event - guys vs girls amazing race and if they are comfortable serve drinks or ****tails. Have the hubby invite some friends that aren't "couples" and have the wife invite lady friends and ask them to bring a male guest as well... otherwise you'll end up with a party that has 7 girls and 2 guys! AWKWARD!

They've gotta hear the excitement in your voice so that it can get them excited! And in turn they can get their friends excited... Make sure they know that you're not pushing them to keep inviting just so you can make more money, but let them know the more people the more fun it will be, and the more free product and discounts you will get. (I say this because sometimes people feel like all you are trying to do is make more $$$)

Anyways... hope this helps. You may have already done all of those things listed above, but good luck with your show, I hope you have a blast!

B

wow it bleeped out c-o-c-k-t-a-i-l-s .. didn't realize that was a bad word *BLUSH*

Update: I had the couples show Saturday night. It was the most fun show I ever did. $500 in the room. No outside orders, but that's okay - the hosts were happy with their benefits and I was able to close the show right away. Plus they ordered the half-price Exec set, so 570 POR points for me!

I started with the salad chopper salsa. Everyone got a kick out of it, but strangely I didn't sell any. It took a long time, so I don't know if I'd do it again, but perhaps it got people in the mood.

What are the benefits of couples attending shows together?

Couples attending shows together can have a fun and interactive experience while learning new cooking techniques and trying out new recipes. It can also be a great bonding activity for couples who enjoy cooking and spending time in the kitchen together.

Do couples have to purchase separate items at the show?

No, couples can combine their orders and make one purchase together. This can also help them reach the host's rewards threshold faster.

Can couples attend shows separately?

Yes, couples can attend shows separately. However, they will not be able to combine their orders and take advantage of the host's rewards unless they make their purchases together.

Are there any special deals or discounts for couples at shows?

Yes, sometimes there are special deals and discounts offered specifically for couples at shows. These may include discounted bundles or exclusive products.

Can couples bring children to shows?

It is recommended that couples attend shows without children, as the demonstrations and hands-on activities may not be suitable for young children. However, if necessary, children are welcome to attend with their parents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kristi
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MarineGurl020412
  • Kimmie