• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware & Stoneware: Explaining the Basics

In summary, the SS saute pan is a great pan for high heat cooking, as it is designed for that. The dishwasher safe feature is a huge plus, and it is also easy to clean. Another great feature is that it stays hot longer than any other metal or glass dish. Finally, the health benefits of stoneware are excellent, as there is no need for oil and it is a natural non-stick.
feather18
OK I have the hardest time when it comes down to explaining the Cookware and Stoneware, I always act like its my first time ever seeing it.. DUH..
What would you say when you show the SS saute pan? Just a few things that is easy to say, that i could remember...
and also quick things you say about the Stoneware..?
Thanks!:confused:

heather
put the points on index cards and read them
makes it easier for you and its more dupicatable most people dont have a problem reading info. if i had to memorize everything i'd be a mess lol

Stainless...dishwasher safe!
500 degree oven safe
the "Y" shape hollow handle so the handle doesn't get hot on stovetop

stoneware - - seasons like cast iron so you won't need oil
cooks even
works like brick oven...wonderful for crispy crusts, cookies, and perfect for moist meats

I like giving the visual of cooking tater tots...who wants to turn over each and every tater tot (or french fry) with stoneware you don't have to turn it AT ALL!!!

Stays hot longer than any metal or glass dish ever will...your seconds will be just as hot as your first helping!!!

that sounds great thanks!

I need to make cards.. i forget to do that! LOL!

I tout the health benefits of stoneware -- no oil required, a NATURAL non-stick finish (for all us teflon, etc-phobes). Also EASY CLEAN-UP and the fact that you never need to burn food again (well, it's difficult to burn food on a stone, though not impossible).

Things to saySS saute pan - Perfect pan to take from stove-top to oven, because it is designed to handle high heat. Dishwasher safe is a big plus!!

Stoneware - Easy clean up and bakes evenly. No more unevenly cooked foods or burned cookies that we once had to deal with on aluminum pans.

I love that visual with the tater tots!! That is so true. Or I say the same thing with pizza rolls, fish sticks or nuggets!!

Debbie :D

You can always ask one of your guests to read what it says in the catalog when you get tripped up. PC pays people big bucks to write that stuff, we might as well use it!

Attached is something I used when I first started. I did it like David Letterman's Top 10, and I had everyone doing drum-rolls on the table - it was so much fun, and had the guests that wanted to read the list. I used it until I learned them. I hope it helps

Attachments

• Top10Stonewareincolor.doc
    125 KB · Views: 341
I'd go to the files section of this site and look for stoneware information sheets (like the top 10 one in another post).... I learned a lot from these types of sheets and when I finally "got it" I started selling more stoneware.

Of particular interest would be the info sheet on why you don't need to use soap on a stone. Can't remember the title but it is an excellent info sheet and will help you answer questions on this frequent subject.

Here is something else I found in my files. I hope it helps.

Attachments

• stoneware facts.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 411
Those sound so good thank you so much!! I am going to start making Note cards and keep them with me so if I stump myself i have something to go back on!

1. What is the difference between cookware and stoneware?

Cookware is typically made from metal materials such as stainless steel or aluminum and is designed for use on the stovetop or in the oven. Stoneware, on the other hand, is made from clay and is specifically designed for use in the oven or microwave.

2. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not intended for stovetop use as it can crack or break under high heat. It is best to stick to using stoneware in the oven or microwave.

3. How do I clean and care for my stoneware?

To clean stoneware, simply use hot water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils, as they can damage the stoneware. After cleaning, make sure to dry the stoneware thoroughly before storing it. Never place stoneware in the dishwasher.

4. What are the benefits of using stoneware?

Stoneware is known for its ability to distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked dishes. It is also microwave and freezer safe, making it a versatile tool in the kitchen. Additionally, stoneware is non-toxic and does not contain harmful chemicals like some non-stick cookware.

5. Is stoneware safe to use in the oven at high temperatures?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the oven at high temperatures. It can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it perfect for baking and roasting. Just be sure to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot stoneware dish in a cold sink, as this can cause it to crack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
grayby
Replies