• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware - Now or After Conference?

In summary,The girl is considering whether to order the Exec cookware combo at her open house this weekend, but is now questioning whether she should wait until after conference. If they announce new cookware, she wants to be able to return it for other things or use it as a gift. The expert says to wait.

To order now or wait...

• Total voters
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
Hello all -

I have an open house this weekend, and as long as I can get one 50% item, I was planning to order the Exec cookware combo. But, now I am questioning whether I should wait until after conference? Do you think that it will be replaced with something bigger and better???

If so, would I be able to return the cookware within 30 days if I wasn't happy with it? (because something better came out...I am just trying to figure out my options!)

Thanks!

thats a toughy! cause what if they didn't it. what if the new piece is by itself.....oh if we only knew now......good luck on that one!! well maybe if you could return it and exchange....can you do that??

It's just a few weeks....I'd wait.

Plus, what does a single gal need 12 pieces of cookware for?!?!? I have just the 7 pc plus the 8" saute, 12" skillet and the Grill Pan at home and it suits our needs just fine.

Although even if they announce some new cookware, it won't be available until Sept. 1st. Unless they announce some sort of cookware incentive, but I doubt it since they did that back when the Executive line came out.

I say GO FOR IT now!! You'll have other opportunities to get discounts if there is new stuff coming out!

I personally am holding off in hopes that I may win some...

(A girl can wish, can't she?)

do it.... doooooo it!
Give in to the peer pressure.....

If you get them and we have new stuff announced, it'll be announced early enough that you can return it for other things OR you can use them as (really nice) gifts for family.

I'd wait, chances are the combo won't be a half price selection again BUT, then you can host another incredible Fall open house and get 2 half price choices and purchase it then!!

Aww man, you ladies are confusing me even more! I am also wishing that I win a shopping spree at the home tour... and I would go straight to the cookware!....and then if they come out with something new....ugh man!Alright, so maybe I'll wait...but now what should I buy at my open house?

Should I wait and hope for a new double burner griddle, grill pan, and roasting pan too? (I am assuming the 12 qt stockpot wouldn't be redesigned, it would probably stick around as the "old style" for awhile like the griddle and roasting pan?)Deb - If I start buying the exec set, I want it ALL to match, so I would probably buy the 5 & 7. I do like to entertain now, and plan to entertain a lot someday!! I'd rather buy lots now and grow in to it later when money is caught up in kids and such.

Since it's only a couple weeks, I would wait. If they don't change it you can get it later and if they do you can get the new. If you decide that you want the current cookware and they are changing or discontinuing it you can still order it in July or August.

As far as everything matching....I've been abusing my cookware for over a year now and it still looks brand new. I don't think they'd be changing the style at all, so I see matching as a non-issue.

DebbieJ said:
As far as everything matching....I've been abusing my cookware for over a year now and it still looks brand new. I don't think they'd be changing the style at all, so I see matching as a non-issue.

I just mean that if I bought the 7 piece now, then years down the road decided I wanted th 5 piece, maybe it would be d/c by then! and I want all of my cookware to match....I know it's silly, but I think like that!

chefann said:
do it.... doooooo it!
Give in to the peer pressure.....

If you get them and we have new stuff announced, it'll be announced early enough that you can return it for other things OR you can use them as (really nice) gifts for family.
How funny, Ann, I was going to get on here and say "in the words of Anne, "just dooooo it!" But you beat me to it!
So, Jennifer, go for it!!!! I would!:D :rolleyes: :D :D

jenniferknapp said:
I just mean that if I bought the 7 piece now, then years down the road decided I wanted th 5 piece, maybe it would be d/c by then! and I want all of my cookware to match....I know it's silly, but I think like that!

Gotcha! I totally understand. My grill pan is Professional and it bugs me daily. :)

DebbieJ said:
Gotcha! I totally understand. My grill pan is Professional and it bugs me daily. :)
you know what DebbieJ?.... Now I get what she means because the minute I read your post, I was like " oh man, is she ever right!!" I want the exec grill pan so bad! And I don't like my professional one anymore because I want the exec one so bad!:rolleyes:

jenniferknapp said:

Me, too... Me, too! Can't wait until I can get matching cookware... I have my SS stuff from when I got married, the 12" exec skillet and the 8" saute pan... drives me NUTS every time I open the drawer to get something out.:D

MissChef said:
you know what DebbieJ?.... Now I get what she means because the minute I read your post, I was like " oh man, is she ever right!!" I want the exec grill pan so bad! And I don't like my professional one anymore because I want the exec one so bad!:rolleyes:

I agree! I got the professional one when it came out (for 50% off, of course, because I was a consultant then, too.... lol) And now I have the Executive set, and the Executive Stir Fry skillet.... it just looks so out of place. lol

OMG! There are other OCDs out there - not just me!

DH thinks I'm nuts. He may be right, but, well.....
I'd love the Exec cookware. But I've got a full set of Professional (except the 12 qt stockpot), and can't justify replacing it because of the cost. Maybe next year when I redo the kitchen.

I recently got the 7 pc exec...and I love it! Also have the exec grill pan. However, I have the professional 12" skillet, and it just doesn't look right. *works great, but it doesn't "fit in" with the executive.

If I were in your shoes, and able to get the 1/2 price combo, I'd go for it! Of course, that's only my opinion...it's ultimately up to you! Good luck...let us know what you decide!!

jenniferknapp said:

Boy would you be shocked at my kitchen!! My cookware is a wide variety of styles and brands... PC, Revere, LaCruset (or however it's spelled!), Calaphon, cast iron, well you get the idea. I never met a pan or cookware line that I didn't love something about.

At times I think it would be nice for everything to match, but then, LaCruset comes out with a flame color and I am so there!

Just call me a cookware addict.

My thoughts on the PC stuff, I really don't think they are coming out with a new line of cookware. Just my guess.

I have every piece of both sets but most of my executive cookware is still in its boxes. I am waiting for a pot rack but I may hand down the professional before that happens so I can use the new ones.

I love the professional cookware, don't get me wrong, but I love the executive even more! I just can't justify changing over quite yet. Plus the cupboards only have so much room.

That doesn't stop me Ann! I have all of the proffessional, all of it! every peice and earned most of it for free!:D But you better believe that I am slowly building my executive and if they do more incentives where we earn the exec sets (which they've done in the past and how I earned my sets of professional!) you know I"ll be all over that! I think I will just box up my professional and store it for when one of my kids grows up and needs it! :D

I keep my cookware on top of my stovetop...only because I don't have a pot rack yet. You wouldn't believe the compliments I get from people! (Can't get anyone to buy any, but they think it's really nice! LOL!!)

BethCooks4U said:
I have every piece of both sets but most of my executive cookware is still in its boxes. I am waiting for a pot rack but I may hand down the professional before that happens so I can use the new ones.

I love the professional cookware, don't get me wrong, but I love the executive even more! I just can't justify changing over quite yet. Plus the cupboards only have so much room.
I can agree with that! Just not the Justifying part! Because I can justify it, (I WANT IT AND I LOVE IT!) But the cupboards room part is my problem! And the part about just loving the executive more~ well that is me exactly!

See...and this is why I want to do it right from the beginning!! I mean I have with all of my other tools...instead of wasting money on walmart crap, I started selling PC to build my kitchen up the right way.....now almost the entire catalog later, why am I still worried about cookware?And I would love the chef's tools to match if I get the exec...but I know a lot of people that are having their turn yellow when stirring pasta! So I am not sure if I am ready to give up my black nylon tools just yet... (oh, and has anyone successfully ordered the stockpot/tools host combo??)but yeah, I want a pot rack someday when I get a real house, and everything WILL match!!...so maybe i will get the executive combo now, and just hope that they redesign the roasting pan and griddle to exec before I buy that stuff!

The roasting pan is basically Exec already.

chefann said:
The roasting pan is basically Exec already.
Oh! How did I forget that the griddle is exec?And as for the roasting pan...I want gray silicone on the handles to match!!

jenniferknapp said:
and just hope that they redesign the roasting pan and griddle to exec before I buy that stuff!
Who knows! The executive griddle just may be one of the new products this season - I wouldn't be surprised. The roasting pan is actually a combination of both cookware sets - it has features of both - but it COULD be upgraded - we never know till we know!

I would wait until after Conference unless you really don't think you will have the chance at a 50% combo again before the new catalog is out and something is discontinued. I would not hurry and get that much cookware unless this was my very last chance and I had to decide now.

Julie

..I probably could get another chance at 50% off, but this was going to be my first show that I am submitting in my name. and I really want the cookware to be in my name for warranty purposes.. so the chance doesn't always come easily.I THINK that they would just change some of the open stock pieces, if anything....right?

That's my theory. The Exec is still so new that it's not likely to change for several more years.

Now, I am not as sure. It is nice to have that uncomplicated purchase where you don't have to have another name on the receipt. I am no help at all.

Julie [/url

I would wait too - I am in a similar situation, and I am secretly hoping that I win all the cookware at Conference. You can always get an open stock piece, like the 12" skillet or something. Perhaps around November you can have your own catalog show/open house again to get the whole set. Either way, enjoy!

mhrivera said:
I would wait too - I am in a similar situation, and I am secretly hoping that I win all the cookware at Conference. You can always get an open stock piece, like the 12" skillet or something. Perhaps around November you can have your own catalog show/open house again to get the whole set. Either way, enjoy!

....and when you do win, of course you better be on different tour than me!, what will you do when you accidentally grab 5 skillet pans?

I don't think they would come out with a new set of cookware. They just introduced the executive set a year & a half ago. I think they may just be having one new piece of cookware come out--maybe a new executive piece. I say go for it!

jenniferknapp said:
....and when you do win, of course you better be on different tour than me!, what will you do when you accidentally grab 5 skillet pans?

I think they only let you get one of each item.

That's true - limit one of each item grabbed.

I guess I could be just a really kick-a** gift giver this christmas if I won it! Actually, I think my SIL really wants the cookware. I could get my brother to pay me the $285 and give him the 2 sets to give her!

What griddle are you talking about? The double burner and the 11" square are both Exec.

PamperChefCarol said:
Boy would you be shocked at my kitchen!! My cookware is a wide variety of styles and brands... PC, Revere, LaCruset (or however it's spelled!), Calaphon, cast iron, well you get the idea. I never met a pan or cookware line that I didn't love something about.

True. When I got the Exec stuff, I sold my All Clad Stainless. It had its issues and for the most part I was not sad to part with it, but I should have kept one skillet or saute for when I need to brown or sear meats and steaks. That's something a nonstick pan just can't do well. I *almost* picked up a $30 SS saute pan at Costco last week.

DebbieJ said:
What griddle are you talking about? The double burner and the 11" square are both Exec.

Yes, I realized that the griddle is exec! Not sure what I was thinking of. But I def want the roasting pan in exec. :)

Well everyone - thanks for all of your help, but my decision was an easy one - my open house was a flop! 4 people showed...so I didn't earn a half price item. Guess I'll try having my own party again in the fall. Thanks again!

Sorry about your party.

1. Should I wait until after conference to purchase the Exec cookware combo?

It is ultimately up to you whether you want to wait until after conference to purchase the Exec cookware combo. However, keep in mind that the current combo is already a great deal and there is no guarantee that it will be replaced with something bigger and better.

2. Can I return the cookware within 30 days if something better comes out at conference?

If you purchase the Exec cookware combo and are not satisfied with it within 30 days, you can return it for a refund or exchange. However, please note that any new cookware released at conference may not be eligible for return or exchange depending on the specific terms and conditions of the product.

3. Will there be a new and improved version of the Exec cookware at conference?

We cannot confirm if there will be a new version of the Exec cookware at conference. However, we constantly strive to improve and update our products, so there is a possibility of a new and improved version being released in the future.

4. What is included in the Exec cookware combo?

The Exec cookware combo includes a 12" Nonstick Skillet, 3-qt. Nonstick Saucepan with Lid, and a 6-qt. Nonstick Dutch Oven with Lid. These are all versatile and essential pieces for any kitchen.

5. Is the Exec cookware combo a good deal?

Yes, the Exec cookware combo is a great deal! It is priced at a 30% discount compared to purchasing each piece individually. Plus, you can save even more by taking advantage of the 50% off host special.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KellyTheChef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • kam