• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware Gauge: What Do I Need to Know?

In summary, cookware gauge refers to the thickness of the metal used in making pots and pans, and it is important to consider as it can affect durability and heat distribution. The standard cookware gauge is between 18-22 gauge, but some high-quality cookware can have a gauge as low as 12. The difference between higher and lower gauge cookware is that higher gauge is thinner and lighter, while lower gauge is thicker and heavier. The best cookware gauge for you depends on your cooking needs and preferences. You can mix and match different cookware gauges in your kitchen, but it is important to consider heat distribution and compatibility with your stove or cooktop for optimal cooking results.
Wendymp1998
I believe I heard it once and I can't remember, does anyone know what gauge our cookware is? I was asked once and had the number but I can't remeber know. I think it's in the 20's and the lower the better?

Any clarification would be nice...

I checked on the Product information pages and the use and care instructions and it didn't list anything. If some one doesn't get back to us with it, I'd say contact Home Office. :rolleyes:

Found it!I know I had seen the information about the different gauges of cookware, too, and so I went looking for it. After what seemed like forever, I finally found it! In Consultants Corner go to Product Information and choose FAQ. Choose Consumer Applications and type in Keyword "cookware". It will give all the information you need about the Generation II cookware, but I assume it is the same for the Professional line, too.

BTW, here is the information on the cookware you were looking for:

--QuestionWhat are the gauges of aluminum for the different pieces of Generation II Cookware? --Answer6 gauge - 11” Square Griddle and Stir-Fry Skillet. 8 gauge - 8 ” OPEN Saute Pan 12 ” Family Skillet, 10 ” Frying Pan. 10 gauge - 1 1/2-Qt. Saucepan, 2-Qt. Saucepan, 3-Qt. Saucepan. The LOWER the gauge NUMBER, the thicker the aluminum is.I'm so glad we have this forum to come to for help, advice, support, etc. I think it's wonderful that we can always find someone to "talk" to no matter what.

What is cookware gauge and why is it important?

Cookware gauge refers to the thickness of the metal used in making pots and pans. It is an important factor to consider as it can affect the durability and heat distribution of the cookware.

What is the standard cookware gauge?

The standard cookware gauge is between 18-22 gauge. However, some high-quality cookware can have a gauge as low as 12.

What is the difference between a higher and lower gauge cookware?

A higher gauge cookware is thinner and lighter, making it easier to handle and heat up faster. On the other hand, a lower gauge cookware is thicker and heavier, providing better heat distribution and durability.

Which cookware gauge is best for me?

The best cookware gauge for you depends on your cooking needs and preferences. If you want quick and even heat distribution, a lower gauge cookware may be best. If you prefer lighter and easier to handle cookware, a higher gauge may be a better choice.

Can I mix and match different cookware gauges in my kitchen?

Yes, you can mix and match different cookware gauges in your kitchen. However, it is important to consider the heat distribution and compatibility of the cookware with your stove or cooktop to ensure optimal cooking results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • PampMomof3
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • stephanieboyd