• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware-Can't Decide What to Do

I think the 12 quart stockpot is really big. I don't think I would ever use the stir fry skillet. I just know that I wouldn't use it very much, since I grab for my 12" skillet all the time!!The stir fry skillet is good for ethnic dishes or for baking.
tabnat80
Gold Member
Ok. I was thinking of getting the 12 quart stockpot and the stir fry skillet. What is you take on these two? I have most of the other open stock pieces and wanted these to complete my set. Haven't for sure decicded if I would use them a bunch. Is that 12 quart stockpot really big?

If I had to choose, I would get the stockpot. I like being able to make LARGE pots of soup so I have extra leftovers to share and to freeze!

Not sure I would ever get the stir fry skillet...I just know that I wouldn't use it very much, since I grab for my 12" skillet all the time!!

I just don't know what to do. It's just the 3 of us. Usually I use my big crockpot if I'm doing soups and I don't make anything ethnic ever unless it's mexican. What would I use a stir fry skillet for? Hummmm. Still can't decide.

Stockpot would be my choice!

Stockpot would be my choice too. The stir fry would be great for those ethnic dishes and you can bake in it too if need be. But the big stock pot seems to be more versitile imo. Good luck with your decision.:)

I actually ordered the SS 7pc set and it should be coming today - I can not wait to make a pot of chilli today lol. I hope Mr. Fedex man comes soon.:) It's the perfect weather out for chilli - rainy and cool. I think I might even make some banana bread.:)

I wish it would get to feeling like fall here. I think maybe by this weekend. It's suppose to be in the high 80's here today. I think I'm just going to wait on the cookware. I don't think I'll use either enough to get them right now.Thanks for the input

Don't forget about the fabulous roasting pan...​

Oh, I've got the roasting pan and love it. It's great!

I would go with the stockpot, I don't need one that often, but when I do it is great to have it.

I vote stockpot too. Even if you only use it a few times a year.

I have both. I have never used the stir fry. I had the professional stir fry too and when I gave it away it was brand new - never used.

When I stir fry I use the 10" Saute Pan. There are just two of us now - I did use a stir fry when the kids were home but don't need that size anymore.

Related to Cookware-Can't Decide What to Do

1. What is the difference between non-stick and stainless steel cookware?

Non-stick cookware has a coating that prevents food from sticking to the surface, making it easier to clean. Stainless steel cookware is durable and can withstand high heat, but may require more oil or butter to prevent sticking.

2. Which type of cookware is best for cooking on an induction stovetop?

Induction stovetops require cookware made of magnetic materials such as stainless steel or cast iron. Non-magnetic cookware, such as aluminum, will not work on an induction stovetop.

3. Can I put my cookware in the dishwasher?

It depends on the material of your cookware. Most non-stick and cast iron cookware should not be put in the dishwasher, as it can damage the coating. Stainless steel and ceramic cookware are generally safe to put in the dishwasher.

4. How do I know when it's time to replace my cookware?

If your cookware has scratches, dents, or warping, it may be time to replace it. These can affect the performance and safety of your cookware. It's also important to replace non-stick cookware when the coating starts to peel or flake off.

5. What is the best way to clean my cookware?

The best way to clean your cookware depends on the material. For non-stick cookware, use a soft sponge or cloth with gentle dish soap. For stainless steel, use a non-abrasive cleaner and a non-scratch sponge. For cast iron, avoid using soap and instead use hot water and a stiff brush. Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions for the best cleaning method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD