• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with the DCB in an Oven: What Recipes Work Best?

In summary, " and nothing before it:I would love to sell more of the DCB but most people I know have microwaves that are too small :(What are some recipes you use for the DCB in the oven?Do you think it sells as well if you don't use a microwave?Do you do
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I would love to sell more of the DCB but most people I know have microwaves that are too small :( What are some recipes you use for the DCB in the oven? Do you think it sells as well if you don't use a microwave? Do you do the same as the microwave recipes?

Here's a cookbook that I compiled and I actually print out and put in a binder through office depot to give to anyone who buys a baker. It only costs about $3 to have it printed and people LOVE it. Theres a whole section of Microwave recipes and then a section of Oven Recipes as well.

Attachments

• 1 MASTER DCB .doc
    29 KB · Views: 689
  • 2 MASTER DCB COOKBOOK.doc
    309 KB · Views: 726
  • Recipe Book Cover.doc
    48 KB · Views: 475
I have only had a couple of shows where their microwave was too small. In both cases they had someone bring one. I couldn't believe it. But they wanted to showcase the baker. I also have said if your neighbor is attending, they may not mind running over there to put it in for the 19 minutes to cook. lol. I haven't used the DCB in the oven at shows at all. I have only used it in the microwave. The one time I didn't, I did a pizza on the bar pan and talked about the DCB nonstop. lol.

Good luck.

Fallon, you have done an awesome job. Thanks, so much for sharing it with us. I like the fact that your pages don't run over into the next page. I was able to copy off three, I hope to try real soon. Question on Pg. 36 Microwave Quick Apple Crisp. Am I correct in believing you use the cake mix as a dry ingredient, and DO NOT mix in the usual egg or milk as you would for a regular cake? I'd like to make it but just wanted to be sure, so I don't waste the ingredients. Typically, I use Oatmeal and flour for my Apple Crisps. That is why I am asking.

:love: AWESOME book!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! :love:

Excellent job! Thank you so much for posting.

Grandmarita, I have made the Apple Crisp and no, you use it dry. It turns out beautifully!

WOW!! Thanks sooo much :)

1. What is a DCB and how does it work in an oven?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile ceramic baking dish that is designed for use in the oven. It has a deep base and a domed lid, which allows for even heat distribution and retention during cooking. The lid also helps to trap in moisture, resulting in tender and flavorful dishes.

2. Can I use the DCB in any type of oven?

Yes, the DCB can be used in both conventional and convection ovens. However, it is not recommended for use in a microwave or on the stovetop.

3. What types of recipes work best in the DCB?

The DCB is ideal for cooking a variety of dishes, including casseroles, roasts, stews, and even desserts. It is perfect for recipes that require longer cooking times, as the lid helps to keep the dish moist and tender.

4. Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it in the oven?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the DCB in the oven before adding your ingredients. This helps to ensure that the dish cooks evenly and prevents any potential cracking or damage to the dish.

5. How do I clean the DCB after use?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils on the dish, as they can cause scratches. The DCB is also oven-safe for reheating leftovers or keeping dishes warm.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hselby87
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • ChefgoesPamperedChef