• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Bundles for the Corn Bread Chili Bake

In summary, the conversation discussed the idea of offering bundles to go with specific recipes, as well as the potential for offering free shipping as an incentive for larger bundles. The participants also shared their experiences with offering bundles and free shipping and how it has affected their sales. Ultimately, the conversation focused on finding the right balance between offering deals and maintaining the value of the products.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I loved offering the DCB bundle that was geared towards the Corn Bread Chili Bake last year before the DCB went host only. So I'm thinking for this season I'm only offering three recipes for my hosts to choose from, what if I offer bundles to go with each of those recipes? I thought about doing a basic (items used in the recipe excluding things they might already have at home - bowls to mix, knives, ect), deluxe - adding a few more items to the list and ultimate - the whole shabang.

What do you think? Too much? Don't worry I have plenty of time at work to play with it!

I wouldn't really be offering a discount just showing them that they could purchase the products we used that day without searching for them in the catalog.

Sounds good. I like the Idea of it going with the recipe you made. This would be great, especially if you are only doing a couple of recipes each season. Let us know what you come up with.

I used to offer bundles too, never got too many takers, but if they are geared towards the recipe u are making, that sounds smart! I did offer an incentive for the larger bundles (the DCB for one) I would offer free shipping to host. Only cost me $4 or so and the set cost $99. So maybe for your ULTIMATE set you can do free shipping as an incentive

KaiKendall said:
I used to offer bundles too, never got too many takers, but if they are geared towards the recipe u are making, that sounds smart! I did offer an incentive for the larger bundles (the DCB for one) I would offer free shipping to host. Only cost me $4 or so and the set cost $99. So maybe for your ULTIMATE set you can do free shipping as an incentive

I never offer free shipping for anyone. It doesn't make me any money! I'm not doing it to offer a "deal" just offering a service to help them pick out their products easier. Plus they would be getting the guest special anyway already!

wadesgirl said:
I never offer free shipping for anyone. It doesn't make me any money! I'm not doing it to offer a "deal" just offering a service to help them pick out their products easier. Plus they would be getting the guest special anyway already!

I understand your point and I rarely offer free shipping either but I don't think it "doesn't make me any money". If the offer is right and it pushes someone to buy soemthing they want but hesitated to get right now then I made money on that additional upsell purchase so the free shipping DID make me money. It has to be the right offer to the right person.

PC's bonuses are so good that we don't need to be spending our income to make it "better" - all that does in diminish the value of what PC does.

If I'm offering extra it's because I need the sales for an incentive I'm working toward and I usually offer a discount instead of free shipping. People respond better to that.

If you figure someone is purchasing a 'set' for $100, you are making AT LEAST $20 if you are at bare minimum % (I am at 22% min cause im a senior consultant, so thats $22) and $4 is like 5% taking away. So I'd still be making money, and that's a $100 sale from ONE guest! My DCB set was the only one I ever sold, I offered a baking set for holiday (pie stone, and pie accessories) and I did a "Single Servings" type set (a mini baker and small batter bowl, etc) and while I did sell a few of those, the DCB was a bigger set seller and they LOVED getting free shipping which didn't cut into my pocket too much. Also increased the SHOW sales so my hostess was happy! I never necessarily offered a 'deal price', it was just like you said about convienence, but with the higher ticket set, I offered free ship.

KaiKendall said:
If you figure someone is purchasing a 'set' for $100, you are making AT LEAST $20 if you are at bare minimum % (I am at 22% min cause im a senior consultant, so thats $22) and $4 is like 5% taking away. So I'd still be making money, and that's a $100 sale from ONE guest! My DCB set was the only one I ever sold, I offered a baking set for holiday (pie stone, and pie accessories) and I did a "Single Servings" type set (a mini baker and small batter bowl, etc) and while I did sell a few of those, the DCB was a bigger set seller and they LOVED getting free shipping which didn't cut into my pocket too much. Also increased the SHOW sales so my hostess was happy! I never necessarily offered a 'deal price', it was just like you said about convienence, but with the higher ticket set, I offered free ship.

I see it as I could just offer them a free gift around $4 and make money on that. That's more of what I'm thinking rather than offering free shipping.

wadesgirl said:
I see it as I could just offer them a free gift around $4 and make money on that. That's more of what I'm thinking rather than offering free shipping.

It's about the psychology of it. You feel you aren't making money on shipping because we don't make commission on shipping which is true. A guest might be excited about getting an extra $4 item but from my experience they get more excited by free shipping and often will spend an extra $20 (or whatever) to get it (and that covers my gift). I know I personally am more likely to order (and I do) from Current or other "stuff" magazines if the shipping is free than if they offer me 5% off.

Me too... when I'm a consumer, shipping is like paying for NOTHING, I'm paying and don't get anything in return, so to say. And they get a free gift with a $60 due to guest special, so why should I offer something else extra too. Like I said, I only do the free shipping on HUGE sets, and only around certain times of year too- holidays or stuff like that. I am totally with Beth, I will spend an extra $15-$20 to save $5 on shipping, lol...i do it on Old navy online all the time! Cause at least I'm getting somethign for my money!

1. How do I create a bundle for the Corn Bread Chili Bake?

To create a bundle for the Corn Bread Chili Bake, you will need to gather the necessary ingredients, which include cornbread mix, canned chili, shredded cheese, and any additional toppings or ingredients you would like to include. Once you have all the ingredients, simply layer them in a baking dish and bake according to the cornbread mix instructions.

2. Can I make substitutions in the Corn Bread Chili Bake bundle?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions in the Corn Bread Chili Bake bundle. You can use a different type of chili, cheese, or even add in some vegetables or beans for added flavor and nutrition. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. Can I prepare the Corn Bread Chili Bake bundle ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Corn Bread Chili Bake bundle ahead of time. You can assemble the ingredients in the baking dish and cover it with plastic wrap or foil. Keep it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as the dish will be cold from the fridge.

4. How many servings does the Corn Bread Chili Bake bundle make?

The Corn Bread Chili Bake bundle can make 4-6 servings, depending on the size of your baking dish and the size of your servings. You can adjust the ingredients accordingly if you need to make more or less servings.

5. Can I use a different type of cornbread mix in the Corn Bread Chili Bake bundle?

Yes, you can use a different type of cornbread mix in the Corn Bread Chili Bake bundle. You can use a gluten-free mix, a mix with added spices or flavors, or even make your own cornbread from scratch. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as different mixes may have different instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
blueberrylady
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcwarr