• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Turkey Breast in DCB for Pot Luck Lunch

In summary, Bonnie is trying to cook a turkey breast in the DCB for her office pot luck, but is unsure if it will be as moist as the chicken is. She asks for advice from her test kitchen, which says that the turkey breast will not be juicy if it is not on a bone. She also asks for help in getting her office co-workers to be less impressed with her other business. Her test kitchen suggests using one of the other Pampered Chef Spice mixes, or garlic & herb instead of garlic & Italian seasoning.
cookingwithhart
My office is having a Pot Luck lunch next week, so I want to show off the DCB. I always make a mess when I cut up a chicken, plus 1 chicken won't go very far. Can you cook a turkey breast in the DCB and how much time will it take to cook? Will it be as moist as the chicken is? I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Bonnie

I've cooked up to a 6 1/2 lb. Turkey breast on the bone & it took about 10-15 minutes longer.....HTH

I put turkey breast, cranberry and onion soup mix in the crockpot and it turns out great. Perhaps the same in the micro would work...

Ginger,
Was the turkey breast juicy? I sent an inquiry to the test kitchen and they said it wouldn't be juicy if it wasn't on a bone. But you said you cooked one on the bone. I wish I hadn't waited until the last minute to work on this!
Thanks

Yes it was juicy.....I wonder why HO said no. :confused:

That would be great to demo and then make the turkey & cranberry ring!

I just did a show and made 4 chicken breasts (cooked for 23 minutes) but you could certainly fit 6 in there! My package of 4 (with bone in, skin still on) weighed about 3#'s. You could probably do 6 in 30 minutes...just check the thickest part of the breast (not close to the bone) to be sure it reaches at least 160 and then allow them to rest with the cover on for 10+ more minutes and they will continue cooking and get up to temp. I made two with our BBQ rub, and two with McCormick's rotisserie chicken seasoning. The ladies there went NUTS for them! We made garlic bites as the demo (the chicken was cooking when they were coming in) and the host made scalloped potatoes. They had basically a full meal!!

BTW- I always use my lid so it doesn't pop all over the micro and make a huge mess...that may affect your timing if you don't use a lid.

I also think the turkey breast would turn out well, as long as you buy one with the bone in and skin on!

My office hasn't been very supportive of my business, so I really want to show them how wonderful this product is and how it can help them make a quick dinner. They all love to eat the treats I bring in though!
Thanks for your suggestions!

Just went to the store and it would have cost twice as much to buy enough chicken breast as it did to buy tenderloins. They were on sale, buy one get one free! I've never cooked the tenderloin in the DCB, I'm practicing tomorrow night.

The tenderloin was very yummy! Co-workers still not impressed with PC. LOL Not a single one said, I can't believe you cooked this in the microwave in under 10 minutes. They just ignored it. Oh well, I tried. Thanks for your help in getting me prepared.

Glad your tenderloins turned out! BTW-I made turkey tenderloin tonight. It was very good.
IMO-Give up on trying to impress your co-workers. They don't want to be beat over the head with your other business. Just keep working your business outside of work, and take it seriously. They will learn to respect your PC business as you drop very subtle hints about how successful you are in this business.

I've been looking for the garlic bites recipe. Can you share?

Thanks

Quick Garlic Bread

1 can of buttermilk biscuits (7.5 - 10.5 oz)
1 or 2 med. cloves of garlic
2 Tbs. of Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning Mix, Divided
2 Tbs. of butter
4 Tbs. of Parmesan cheese (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350°

Melt the butter in the Pampered Chef Sauté Pan on top of the stove.

Using the Garlic Press, press garlic in the melted butter, Sprinkle 1
1/2 tbs of Italian Seasoning on top. (Lay ¾ of the Parmesan cheese
on top of the butter, garlic & seasoning.)

Using the serrated bread knife cut the biscuits into 4 pieces. Lay
each piece in the bottom of the cookware (Some may go up the
sides). Sprinkle with the remaining Italian Seasoning Mix (and
cheese). Place in the oven at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until golden
brown.

Flip over on to a platter, and use the small serving tongs to serve
the pieces.

Variations:

Instead of garlic & Italian seasonings:

Use a combination of the Pampered Chef Korintje Cinnamon (or Cinnamon
Plus) and sugar. Also, the cinnamon or caramel sprinkles!

Or

Use any of the other Pampered Chef Spice mixes: All Purpose Dill Mix,
Southwestern Seasoning Mix, Cajun Herb Seasoning, Asian Seasoning
Mix, Barbecue Seasoning Mix or Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix.

Wow
cookingwithhart said:
The tenderloin was very yummy! Co-workers still not impressed with PC. LOL Not a single one said, I can't believe you cooked this in the microwave in under 10 minutes. They just ignored it. Oh well, I tried. Thanks for your help in getting me prepared.

So sorry to hear that. What a bunch of ungrateful moochers!! They'll eat your food but won't even order $10 worth of stuff as a thank you. That stinks!! Those stinkers!!

Well don't let it get you down. Our products ROCK!! :balloon:

And for those who wish to ignore it, it's their loss!! Who knows one day someone might actually book a show or order something! Please let us know! My mother always takes recipes I give her from PC cookbooks or the SB. Her co-workers love them and always order stuff when my mother does a show for me.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
So sorry to hear that. What a bunch of ungrateful moochers!! They'll eat your food but won't even order $10 worth of stuff as a thank you. That stinks!! Those stinkers!!

Well don't let it get you down. Our products ROCK!! :balloon:

And for those who wish to ignore it, it's their loss!! Who knows one day someone might actually book a show or order something! Please let us know! My mother always takes recipes I give her from PC cookbooks or the SB. Her co-workers love them and always order stuff when my mother does a show for me.

I don't think they are being ungrateful, or moochers. They were under NO OBLIGATION to make a purchase. She brought food to a POTLUCK luncheon at work - if someone brought food to a potluck I was attending, what would make me feel OBLIGATED to make a purchase from them? That would be silly. It was a good way for her to show the DCB, and how it works - but it wasn't a show. EVERYONE was bringing food, so it wasn't out of the ordinary or special for her to be bringing a dish to pass.

Not supportive
ChefBeckyD said:
I don't think they are being ungrateful, or moochers. They were under NO OBLIGATION to make a purchase. She brought food to a POTLUCK luncheon at work - if someone brought food to a potluck I was attending, what would make me feel OBLIGATED to make a purchase from them? That would be silly. It was a good way for her to show the DCB, and how it works - but it wasn't a show. EVERYONE was bringing food, so it wasn't out of the ordinary or special for her to be bringing a dish to pass.

She mentioned they are not supportive of her business and even though they are not obligated to purchase anything, they know she sells PC and the fact no one ever orders anything is really strange. I have never left a catalog at an office and had no one order, especially if they were my actual co-workers!! That is just weird. It was a good way for her to show the DCB but a little encouragement and support wouldn't hurt. They also eat all the treats she brings in, and they know she sells PC.

I did 6 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 3 weeks ago, with veggies on the bottom, and they were quite moist. I added only about 1/4 cup of any liquid so that might have helped but you don't need more than that, really.

Regarding an office environement that doesn't seem supportive: I work at a hospital with many departments I interact in. About once a month I just pick a department and say "today is a treat day from me". If asked, I say that I'm just thanking them for being helpful to me (I am a contracted worker who works at the hospital but not FOR the hospital). The recipe is always served on PC products (simple additions) and often is a PC recipe. Did TONS of salsa in the summer. I did not advertise the food as PC, nor did I try to get orders or bookings. Over time, what happened was that people began to associate me with the food and started asking me how I made things. THAT led to 3 bookings and a ton of sales of the salad chopper (a salsa makers dream).

Kind of like Pampering a Business but more long term for the results.

I do think that sometimes when folks start selling a product line, they do tend to overwhelm their co-workers with their enthusiasm. Co-workers may then feel "hit up" to order or book, even if that is NOT what you are doing.

So...keep it casual, be keep bringing stuff in when allowed and let them ask YOU about it. That then makes it their question, not you pushing info.

SO excited to see this thread as we just did a turkey breast in the microwave at our cluster meeting Monday night! I searched at butterball.com and they suggested that you cook a breast in the microwave at 13 minutes per pound. I chopped celery and onion, put the breast on top and walla!
It was yummy!

Thanks everyone. I have had one show booking from work and another person tried to have a show, but she couldn't get anyone to come. I've accepted that they're not really interested in PC at the office, but I'll keep bringing in my homemade lunches and treats occasionally and someday they'll come around.

I'll try a turkey breast sometime when I don't have to buy two of them, or find them on sale.

What is the best way to cook a turkey breast in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for a potluck lunch?

The best way to cook a turkey breast in the DCB for a potluck lunch is to preheat the oven to 375°F and place the turkey breast in the DCB, breast side down. Cover with the lid and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let the turkey rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Do I need to add any liquid to the DCB when cooking a turkey breast?

No, you do not need to add any liquid to the DCB when cooking a turkey breast. The DCB is designed to lock in moisture and create a steamy environment to cook the turkey, so adding liquid is not necessary.

How long should I cook a turkey breast that is larger than 3 pounds in the DCB?

If your turkey breast is larger than 3 pounds, you will need to add an additional 10 minutes of cooking time for every extra pound. So, for a 4-pound turkey breast, you would cook it for about 1 hour and 25 minutes, and for a 5-pound turkey breast, you would cook it for about 1 hour and 35 minutes.

Can I use the DCB to cook a frozen turkey breast?

Yes, you can use the DCB to cook a frozen turkey breast. However, it will take longer to cook, so you will need to add an additional 30 minutes of cooking time for every pound. Make sure to check the internal temperature to ensure it has reached 165°F before serving.

Can I cook other dishes along with the turkey breast in the DCB for a potluck lunch?

Yes, you can cook other dishes along with the turkey breast in the DCB for a potluck lunch. The DCB is large enough to cook multiple dishes at once, so you can add side dishes or even a dessert to the DCB while the turkey is cooking. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly for each dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • FromMaria'sKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedval
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies