• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Turkey Breast in DCB Microwave: Tried & True Tips!

In summary, the cooking time for a turkey breast in the DCB Microwave varies depending on its size, with a general rule of 7 minutes per pound. No additional liquid is needed as the turkey breast will create its own juices. It is possible to cook a frozen turkey breast in the DCB Microwave, but it is recommended to thaw it first. It is also recommended to cover the turkey breast while cooking to trap in moisture and ensure even cooking. To determine if the turkey breast is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature or cut into the thickest part of the breast to ensure there is no pink or red meat.
FromMaria'sKitchen
Has anyone tried doing a turkey breast in the DCB in the microwave? Kind of like the 30 min. chicken? If so, how long did it cook and what did you season it with?

TIA
~Maria

I did one last week. My host said it was a boneless turkey breast, but when I got there, it was a 5 1/4 pound bone IN breast!! I didn't panic, I knew my DCB could handle it. I made the rub PC gave us for the chicken. Cooked it a total of 29 mins. It was beautiful and perfectly cooked and the guests gobbled it up (no pun intended ;) ) I sold 4 bakers at full price and had a $900 show!!

BTW, I did not cover the baker, I cooked it just like I would a chicken. HTH

Thanks Ruthie! That is good to know!

1. How long does it take to cook a turkey breast in the DCB Microwave?

The cooking time for a turkey breast in the DCB Microwave will vary depending on the size of the breast. A general rule of thumb is to cook for 7 minutes per pound. For example, a 3-pound turkey breast would take approximately 21 minutes to cook.

2. Do I need to add any liquid when cooking a turkey breast in the DCB Microwave?

No, you do not need to add any liquid. The turkey breast will create its own juices while cooking in the DCB Microwave.

3. Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the DCB Microwave?

Yes, you can cook a frozen turkey breast in the DCB Microwave. However, it is recommended to thaw the turkey breast first for more even cooking.

4. Do I need to cover the turkey breast while cooking in the DCB Microwave?

Yes, it is recommended to cover the turkey breast with the lid of the DCB Microwave while cooking. This will help trap in the moisture and cook the turkey evenly.

5. How do I know when the turkey breast is fully cooked in the DCB Microwave?

Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the turkey breast. It should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit when fully cooked. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also check by cutting into the thickest part of the breast to make sure there is no pink or red meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • margit miller
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pamperedval
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies