• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Quick Turkey Chili in the Oven: DCB Experiences

In summary, you can use ground beef instead of ground turkey in this recipe, just be sure to adjust the cooking time. You can also add extra vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and corn. The cooking time for the chili is approximately 25-30 minutes and it's best to check for doneness with a meat thermometer. You can make this chili ahead of time and reheat it later, and there is no need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before adding the ingredients, but you can if you prefer.
pamperedmomto3
Can the quick turkey chili be made in the oven in the DCB? Has anyone done this and if so, how long does it take? I have a host that would like to cook this but their microwave isn't large enough.

I did this at a show when I discovered her microwave was too small.

I sauted the vegies and cooked the turkey on the stove top and then put it all in the DCB at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Turned out great.

Did you do all the cooking prior to your guests arrival? Would you mind giving me an idea how the presentation played out?

I started cooking the turkey before the guests arrived and did the vegies as they were coming in - some helped me prep them. I told them how I would have done it in a full size microwave as we put it all together. While it cooked we went over other products, specials, etc (rest of show info).

Hi there! Yes, the quick turkey chili can definitely be made in the oven using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). I have actually made it this way before and it turns out great!To make the chili in the DCB, preheat your oven to 375°F. Follow the recipe as usual, but instead of cooking it in the microwave, place the DCB in the preheated oven and cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. The exact time may vary depending on your oven, so make sure to check on it periodically.I understand that the host's microwave may not be large enough, but the DCB is a great alternative for cooking the chili in the oven. It's also a great way to make larger batches, so it's perfect for hosting parties or gatherings.I hope this helps and your host's chili turns out delicious! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use ground beef instead of ground turkey?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ground beef for ground turkey in this recipe. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as ground beef may take longer to cook through.

2. Can I add extra vegetables to this chili?

Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and you can add any vegetables you like. Some popular additions include bell peppers, zucchini, and corn.

3. How long does it take to cook the chili in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for this recipe is approximately 25-30 minutes. However, this may vary depending on your oven and the size of your Deep Covered Baker. It's always best to check for doneness by using a meat thermometer.

4. Can I make this ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, this chili is great for meal prep! You can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop.

5. Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before adding the ingredients?

No, you do not need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before adding the ingredients. However, if you prefer, you can preheat it in the oven while you prepare the ingredients for the chili.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedval
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedval
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • Kimberlymmj
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies