• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

6 Ppound Turkey Breast With Bone in Dcb

In summary, the conversation discusses cooking a turkey in the microwave or deep covered baker and suggests using a thermometer to ensure it is safe to eat. It also mentions using a smokey BBQ rub for flavor and suggests removing the skin for a healthier option. Some participants have successfully cooked a 6 lb turkey breast in 30 minutes, while others have had longer cooking times. There is also a discussion about the weight of a chicken and the size of the baker.
Kimberlymmj
Can I do this? I am making it tonight. How long would I cook the turkey for? Has anyone ever done the turkey? I've done the chicken and it is always delciious.,

Kimberlymmj said:
Can I do this? I am making it tonight. How long would I cook the turkey for? Has anyone ever done the turkey? I've done the chicken and it is always delciious.,

I've done it in the Micro Wave, I think it took about 50-60 minutes total. Depending how strong your Micro Wave is....HTH

I've done a 9 lb. chicken in our Deep covered Baker in 30 minutes, so a 6 lb. Turkey breast, most likely will be about the same 30 minutes. Use your thermometer and test for 160 degrees to assure it is safe. You can use our Smokey BBQ rub for good color.

I did a small (3.5 lb.) bone-in turkey breast in the DCB the other night. It took 20 mins. cooking time and turned out fabulous! It was just as amazing looking as to 30 min. chicken. Hubby was impressed too!

I'll probably be doing this frequently since it's not only cheaper than buying sliced turkey breast from the deli or grocery, but it's way healthier than the sodium and preservative-packed pre-packaged stuff.

the problem I have found is the turkey breast bone is A LOT higher than a chicken.

The lid never would fit on mine.

CathyP said:
I did a small (3.5 lb.) bone-in turkey breast in the DCB the other night. It took 20 mins. cooking time and turned out fabulous! It was just as amazing looking as to 30 min. chicken. Hubby was impressed too!

I'll probably be doing this frequently since it's not only cheaper than buying sliced turkey breast from the deli or grocery, but it's way healthier than the sodium and preservative-packed pre-packaged stuff.

If you are worried about healthy, then you have to take the skin totally off the bird & do not add oil. With the skin on all the fat comes off & the bird is sitting in it! Just look at the 30 minute chicken & look at the fat per serving, I think its 15....

Grandmarita said:
I've done a 9 lb. chicken in our Deep covered Baker in 30 minutes, so a 6 lb. Turkey breast, most likely will be about the same 30 minutes. Use your thermometer and test for 160 degrees to assure it is safe. You can use our Smokey BBQ rub for good color.

You got a 9 lb chicken to work in 30 minutes? I had a 5 pound chicken once and it took forever to cook! And was almost too big for the baker!

wadesgirl said:
You got a 9 lb chicken to work in 30 minutes? I had a 5 pound chicken once and it took forever to cook! And was almost too big for the baker!

I'm sure she must have meant 6lbs....I've never even seen a 9lb chicken. :eek:

But I'm with you...a 5lb takes 35-40 minutes for me, and I have a high wattage micro...

1. How long should I cook a 6 pound turkey breast with bone in using the Deep Covered Baker?

The recommended cooking time for a 6 pound turkey breast with bone in using the Deep Covered Baker is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes at 375°F.

2. Do I need to add any liquid to the Deep Covered Baker when cooking a turkey breast?

No, the turkey breast will produce its own juices while cooking in the Deep Covered Baker. However, you can add a small amount of chicken broth or water if desired.

3. Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, it is not recommended to cook a frozen turkey breast in the Deep Covered Baker. The turkey should be fully thawed before cooking to ensure even cooking and food safety.

4. How do I know when the turkey breast is fully cooked?

The internal temperature of the turkey breast should reach 165°F when fully cooked. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature in the thickest part of the breast.

5. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to make gravy from the turkey drippings?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is perfect for making gravy from the turkey drippings. Simply remove the turkey breast from the baker and use the drippings to make a delicious gravy on the stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• margit miller
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • FromMaria'sKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies