1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 6 ppound turkey breast with bone in DCB

1. Kimberlymmj

Kimberlymmj Member

Can I do this? I am making it tonight. How long would I cook the turkey for? Has anyone ever done the turkey? I've done the chicken and it is always delciious.,

Sep 19, 2009
  2. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I've done it in the Micro Wave, I think it took about 50-60 minutes total. Depending how strong your Micro Wave is....HTH

Sep 19, 2009
  3. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

I've done a 9 lb. chicken in our Deep covered Baker in 30 minutes, so a 6 lb. Turkey breast, most likely will be about the same 30 minutes. Use your thermometer and test for 160 degrees to assure it is safe. You can use our Smokey BBQ rub for good color.

Sep 19, 2009
  4. CathyP

CathyP Member Gold Member

I did a small (3.5 lb.) bone-in turkey breast in the DCB the other night. It took 20 mins. cooking time and turned out fabulous! It was just as amazing looking as to 30 min. chicken. Hubby was impressed too!

I'll probably be doing this frequently since it's not only cheaper than buying sliced turkey breast from the deli or grocery, but it's way healthier than the sodium and preservative-packed pre-packaged stuff.

Nov 13, 2009
  5. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

the problem I have found is the turkey breast bone is A LOT higher than a chicken.

The lid never would fit on mine.

Nov 13, 2009
  6. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

If you are worried about healthy, then you have to take the skin totally off the bird & do not add oil. With the skin on all the fat comes off & the bird is sitting in it! Just look at the 30 minute chicken & look at the fat per serving, I think its 15....

Nov 13, 2009
  7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

You got a 9 lb chicken to work in 30 minutes? I had a 5 pound chicken once and it took forever to cook! And was almost too big for the baker!

Nov 13, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I'm sure she must have meant 6lbs....I've never even seen a 9lb chicken. :eek:

But I'm with you...a 5lb takes 35-40 minutes for me, and I have a high wattage micro...

Nov 13, 2009
Have something to add?