• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Times for a PIG on CC Loaf

In summary, the cooking time for a mini loaf of bread is the same as for a regular loaf, but the wells are smaller, so the bread will cook faster.
kspry
I've looked at the use & care, but it doesn't say - are the cooking times different than for a regular loaf?

It doesn't mention this in the PIG on CC, either.

Yes because the wells are smaller. I don't know the exact time difference. I'd look for a recipe that gives times for mini loaves and then experiment from there with your recipe.

If you can't find one, I'd reduce the time for a whole loaf by half and test it every five minutes til you hit the right time.

Thanks, I checked it a lot. It ended up being the same cook time - probably because I kept opening the oven door, heh.

I've never changed the cooking time when I've used it...but I mostly use my nose to know when it's done anyway!!

I made banana breads in the mini loaf pan the other day and used the same recipe and cook time as my 1 loaf pan. They tasted great!

I made Kelly's recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread
(http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/stoneware-loaf-pans-31445/index2.html)
in the mini-loaf pan for a bake sale. So, a one-loaf recipe fits the mini loaf pan very well.

They went for $4 each! Pretty good, eh? Only 3 made it to the sale....husband and son attacked one as as they came out of the pan.

I also used the mini fluted pan for the first time. You know, the discontinued one that is on the outlet. I did the Fluted Chocolate Cappucino Cakes in it.

Oh my goodness, these are cute little cakes! What do you all think - would the mini fluted pan take a recipe for 2 loaves? I have my eye on this pumpkin cranberry bread recipe.
http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=28205

c00p said:
I've never changed the cooking time when I've used it...but I mostly use my nose to know when it's done anyway!!

Off topic - Andrea, did you go to the Doreen Grass training in Lee's Summit last week, by chance?

The beer bread takes about 10 minutes less in the mini loaf pan than the larger 1 loaf pan.

Thanks, Beth, that's good to know. I usually get a beer bread mix with every other supply order.

I actually just made zucchini bread in mine today, and I cooked it for about 45 mins as opposed to one hour at 350.

HTH

Vanessa, could you post your zucchini bread recipe, please?

Related to Cooking Times for a PIG on CC Loaf

What is the recommended cooking time for a PIG on CC Loaf?

The recommended cooking time for a PIG on CC Loaf is typically around 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. However, cooking times may vary depending on the size of the PIG and the type of loaf used.

How do I know when the PIG on CC Loaf is fully cooked?

The best way to determine if the PIG on CC Loaf is fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the PIG should reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit for it to be safe to eat. Another way to check is by cutting into the PIG and ensuring that the juices run clear.

Can I cook a PIG on CC Loaf in a slow cooker?

Yes, a PIG on CC Loaf can be cooked in a slow cooker. It is recommended to cook it on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked before serving.

Do I need to baste the PIG on CC Loaf while it is cooking?

Basting the PIG on CC Loaf is not necessary, but it can help keep the meat moist and add additional flavor. You can baste the PIG with the juices from the bottom of the pan or with your choice of marinade or sauce.

Can I cook a PIG on CC Loaf from frozen?

It is not recommended to cook a PIG on CC Loaf from frozen as it can result in uneven cooking and potential food safety issues. It is best to thaw the PIG in the refrigerator before cooking. If you are short on time, you can use the defrost setting on your microwave, but make sure to cook the PIG immediately after thawing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kreaser
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • amya