• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I cook gluten and wheat free for my family with allergies?

In summary, when cooking gluten and wheat free, it is important to avoid ingredients such as wheat, barley, rye, and other grains that contain gluten. You should also be aware of any hidden sources of gluten, use gluten-free flours, and follow specific cooking techniques to prevent cross-contamination. Many restaurants offer gluten-free options, and there are alternatives to bread and pasta such as quinoa, rice, and lentil-based pastas. Lettuce leaves and cauliflower rice can also be used as substitutes.
milkangel
WE just found out that our boy has allergies to gluten and wheat. Ans he is 2 my hubbys brother has that too. it can run in the family. so now i have to change the way we eat and cook. the signs were pink around his eyes and a runny nose and stiff hip joints. It is going to be tuff to swich and when we go to grandmas and grandpas house because they are not into the natural path stuff and not into being healthy. i am teaming up with my sister in law because they are going through this too. if any one has this too i can get some info from my sister inlaw being she looked it up and has her own blog.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck just released a cookbook called "The G-Free Diet" & has all gluten free recipes!

does anyone else have any good recipes to share?

you are probably going to want to get all new stones....

I did a show where a guest has celliac disease ... somebody recommended the Harvest Chicken Salad and it was a BIG hit. Just omit the croutons. I tried to carmelize the pecans like they said and it was a big flop ...

I need a GFree dessert demo - anyone have any great ideas for a show?

1. What ingredients should I avoid when cooking gluten and wheat free?

When cooking gluten and wheat free, it is important to avoid ingredients such as wheat, barley, rye, and other grains that contain gluten. You should also be aware of any hidden sources of gluten, such as sauces, seasonings, and processed foods.

2. Can I still use flour in my gluten and wheat free cooking?

Yes, you can still use flour in your gluten and wheat free cooking. However, it is important to use gluten-free flours, such as almond flour, rice flour, or coconut flour, instead of traditional wheat flour.

3. Are there any specific cooking techniques I should use for gluten and wheat free recipes?

Yes, there are a few techniques that can be helpful when cooking gluten and wheat free. For example, using a separate set of kitchen tools and utensils for gluten-free cooking can prevent cross-contamination. It is also important to thoroughly clean all surfaces and equipment before preparing gluten-free food.

4. Can I still eat out at restaurants while following a gluten and wheat free diet?

Yes, many restaurants now offer gluten-free options on their menus. However, it is important to communicate your dietary restrictions to the server and ask about the preparation of your dish to ensure it is truly gluten and wheat free.

5. Are there any alternatives to bread and pasta for gluten and wheat free meals?

Yes, there are many alternatives to bread and pasta that are gluten and wheat free. Some options include quinoa, rice, corn, and lentil-based pastas, as well as gluten-free breads made from alternative flours. You can also use lettuce leaves or collard greens as wraps for sandwiches and use cauliflower rice as a substitute for traditional rice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
doughmama