• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking for 2 or More Recipe Help!!!

In Summary, someone lent me their cookbook and I need a recipe for Almond Pretzels. Someone helpfully provided a recipe which can be found at the end of the summary.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Help!

I let a friend borrow my cookbook (Cooking for 2 or More) and I need a recipe ASAP! Sweet and Flaky Almond Pretzels....does anyone have this recipe on hand that they could post for me really quick??? Thanks so much!

Here you go:)

Sweet & Flaky Almond Pretzels

Pretzels:
1/2 package (17.25 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
1 egg, separated
1/2 cup almond paste
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1/4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk

Preheat oven to 400. For pretzels, unfold pastry onto lightly floured Large Grooved Cutting Board. Roll out pastry to a 14x12-inch rectangle; cut in half lengthwise.

Place egg yolk in Small Batter Bowl. Add almond paste, brown sugar and milk; beat on medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Evenly spread filling to edges of one of the pastry rectangles using Small Spreader. Place remaining pastry rectangle on top of filling, matching edges.

Cut dough lengthwise into 12 equal strips. Twist each strip several times and then form into a pretzel shape. Place on Rectangle Stone. Repeat with remaining strips. Brush pretzels with lightly beaten egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk; whisk until smooth using Stainless Mini Whisk. Drizzle glaze over pretzels.

Yield: 12 pretzels

Nutrients per serving (1 pretzel): Calories 300, Total Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 37g, Protein 5g, Sodium 140mg, Fiber 4g
Diabetic exchanges per serving (1 pretzel): 2 starch, 3 fat (2 carb)

Chef's Corner:
Two layers of puff pastry are spread with a thick almond paste filling. Once cut into strips, they are twisted and formed into pretzels. If desired, the strips can also be formed into straight twists or in wreath shapes before baking.

Almond paste is a mixture of ground almons and sugar. It is available in most supermarkets in the baking aisle and is found in cans. Once opened, it should be tightly wrapped (to keep it from drying out) and refrigerated. Do not substitute marzipan for the almond paste. It has a finer texture but is stiffer and harder to spread.

Enjoy!!

I was in such a rush last night - I forgot to post -
Thank You!!!

1. How can I adapt my favorite recipes to serve just two people?

One way to adapt your favorite recipes is to simply cut the ingredients in half. This may require a bit of math, but it will help ensure you have the right amount of food for two people. You can also look for recipes specifically designed for smaller portions, or invest in a smaller sized cookware to make smaller servings.

2. I often have leftovers when cooking for two. What can I do with them?

Leftovers can be repurposed into new meals or frozen for later use. For example, you can turn leftover chicken into a salad or use it as a filling for tacos. You can also freeze leftovers in individual portions for quick and easy meals on busy days.

3. How can I save money when cooking for just two people?

One way to save money is to buy ingredients in bulk and freeze them for later use. You can also plan your meals and make a grocery list to avoid buying unnecessary items. Buying seasonal produce and using coupons can also help save money.

4. What are some easy and healthy meal ideas for two people?

Some easy and healthy meal ideas for two people include stir-fries, sheet pan meals, and one-pot dishes. These meals require minimal prep and cleanup and can be customized with your favorite protein and vegetables. You can also try making homemade versions of your favorite takeout dishes for a healthier option.

5. How can I make sure I'm getting enough variety in my meals when cooking for two?

One way to ensure variety in your meals is to try new recipes and cuisines. You can also switch up your proteins and vegetables each week to keep things interesting. Meal planning and making a grocery list can also help you plan for a variety of meals throughout the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lescalvelage
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mgranich