• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken Legs in the DCB: Share Your Experiences!

In summary, the cooking time for chicken legs in the Deep Covered Baker varies depending on the size and type of chicken legs. Bone-in chicken legs should be cooked for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, while boneless chicken legs should be cooked for 20-25 minutes at the same temperature. Marinating the chicken legs before cooking is not necessary, as the high heat and steam in the baker will infuse them with flavor. It is not recommended to use frozen chicken legs, and it is best to thaw them before cooking for even and thorough cooking. No additional liquid is needed when cooking chicken legs in the Deep Covered Baker, as they will release their own juices. To ensure the chicken legs are fully cooked, use a
NewbyPChef
Anyone ever done chicken legs in the DCB? Care to share what you did and how it turned out? I bought some at the store and want to try them in the DCB...no idea what to do with them though.

I've done all types of chicken parts in the DCB. I season the pieces just as you would for the 30 min. chicken recipe. Since I normally cook the same amount, in weight, as a whole chicken, I follow the same cooking instructions for the 30 min. chicken.

I've done this with a cut-up chicken as well as just breasts or just whole legs and it's always been successful.

Yes, I have made chicken legs in the DCB before. Here is my recipe:Ingredients:- 8 chicken legs- 1/4 cup olive oil- 2 tablespoons honey- 2 tablespoons soy sauce- 2 cloves of garlic, minced- 1 teaspoon dried thyme- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:1. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.2. Place the chicken legs in the DCB and pour the marinade over them, making sure to coat each leg evenly.3. Cover the DCB with the lid and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours).4. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.5. Once the chicken has marinated, place the DCB in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the skin is crispy.6. Serve the chicken legs with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!The chicken legs turn out moist and flavorful, with a nice crispy skin. You can also use this marinade for other cuts of chicken or even pork. Happy cooking!

1. How long should I cook chicken legs in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for chicken legs in the Deep Covered Baker varies depending on the size and type of chicken legs. In general, bone-in chicken legs should be cooked for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, while boneless chicken legs should be cooked for 20-25 minutes at the same temperature.

2. Should I marinate the chicken legs before cooking them in the Deep Covered Baker?

While marinating the chicken legs before cooking can add flavor, it is not necessary for a successful cooking experience in the Deep Covered Baker. The high heat and steam created in the baker will infuse the chicken legs with plenty of flavor on their own.

3. Can I use frozen chicken legs in the Deep Covered Baker?

It is not recommended to use frozen chicken legs in the Deep Covered Baker as it can significantly increase the cooking time and may result in unevenly cooked chicken. It is best to thaw the chicken legs before cooking for the best results.

4. Do I need to add any liquid to the Deep Covered Baker when cooking chicken legs?

No, adding any liquid is not necessary when cooking chicken legs in the Deep Covered Baker. The chicken legs will release their own juices, creating a flavorful and moist dish.

5. How do I know when the chicken legs are fully cooked?

The best way to ensure that the chicken legs are fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken legs should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, you can also cut into the thickest part of the leg and make sure there is no pink meat or clear juices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Kate0831
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • kzegar