• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken in DCB: 30 vs. 45 min.

In summary, the amount of chicken that can be cooked in the DCB for 30 minutes depends on the size of the DCB, with a general rule of 3 pounds in a 6-quart DCB and 4 pounds in an 8-quart DCB. Frozen chicken can be cooked in the DCB for 45 minutes, but it is recommended to thaw it beforehand. No additional liquid is needed when cooking chicken in the DCB, as the chicken will release its own juices for flavor and moisture. The DCB can be used to cook boneless chicken breasts, as long as they are arranged in a single layer. Preheating the DCB is not necessary, simply place the chicken in the cold DCB
marykate1

Hi Everyone,
Silly question and I know I have seen it somewhere, the 30 min. chicken, is that in the microwave and if it is, I cook a chicken in the DCB in 45 min. Is the 15 min. that big of a difference. I actually had a costumer ask this and I was a little stumped......thanks.

Yes, it is in the microwave.

It depends on the size of the chicken. I did a 5 lb. chicken and it took longer than 30 minutes. The recipe says 3-4 lb. chicken so I'm sure that is closer to the 30 minutes. I haven't tried that size yet.

The one time I did mine it took over 30 minutes. It also depends on the wattage of your microwave. They are not all the same. I am sure my mom's would cook in under 30 minutes b/c hers is new and powerful, mine is several years old.

I just made a chicken in the microwave. It was 3 lbs, 7 oz. I microwaved it, lid on, for 30 minutes, and it's perfect. My microwave's wattage is 1100. Hope this kind of helps you to gauge your timing.

Hi there! I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I'd be happy to answer your question. The 30 minute chicken recipe is actually designed for the oven, not the microwave. It's a great option for those days when you're short on time but still want a delicious and flavorful meal. The 15 minute difference may not seem like a lot, but it can make a difference in the texture and taste of the chicken. Plus, using the DCB allows for even cooking and browning of the chicken. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions! Happy cooking!

1. How much chicken can I cook in the DCB for 30 minutes?

The amount of chicken you can cook in the DCB for 30 minutes will depend on the size of your DCB. As a general rule, you can cook up to 3 pounds of chicken in a 6-quart DCB and up to 4 pounds in an 8-quart DCB.

2. Can I cook frozen chicken in the DCB for 45 minutes?

Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in the DCB for 45 minutes. However, it is recommended to thaw the chicken before cooking for best results.

3. Do I need to add any liquid when cooking chicken in the DCB?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when cooking chicken in the DCB. The chicken will release its own juices while cooking, creating a flavorful and moist result.

4. Can I use the DCB to cook boneless chicken breasts?

Yes, the DCB is great for cooking boneless chicken breasts. Make sure to arrange the chicken in a single layer for even cooking.

5. Do I need to preheat the DCB before cooking chicken?

No, you do not need to preheat the DCB before cooking chicken. Simply place the chicken in the cold DCB and put it in the oven as directed in your recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • accooks13