• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favourite Seasoning for 30-Min Chicken

I make the "Jerk" Chicken Nachos with Chipotle Rub, because I can't cook with the Jerk Rub! Not sure what it is about it...but just don't open the bottle around me!Hmmm, you may be right! Like, when I was pregnant, I craved eggs...but couldn't stand the smell of cooking them. But DH could make me eggs, and I could eat them. I'll have to have someone else make the Jerk Chicken Nachos so I can try them that way. I LOVE them with the chipotle rub....LOL Becky...that is funny....and sad, you're missing out. The smell is ok, but
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Just wondering what everyone's favourite seasonings for the 30-min chicken are. Doesn't have to be a PC seasoning!

I need ideas for dinner tonight!

I'm boring. I like the Italian!

I've used the Rotisserie (sp?) flavor from McCormick. Also, TS's Garlic Garlic and a dash of this and a dash of that. I just grab stuff from the cabinet. :) I've been using the Citrus and Basil rub lately. They all are fine. :D

Lately, I've been liking lots of lime juice and Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Another favorite, and it doesn't sound appetizing, but it is. I use mustard, plain yellow, all over the chicken then use Season-All over it.

This is late...but I start with the PC recipe of flour, and paprika, and then add a smoky bbq rub, and McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken seasoning.

This mix is wonderful!

I love the Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub.Kelly

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Lately, I've been liking lots of lime juice and Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Another favorite, and it doesn't sound appetizing, but it is. I use mustard, plain yellow, all over the chicken then use Season-All over it.

I am right there with you on that! Love the lime and Jam. Jerk! So summery like!

Hmmmm Kelly,

Totally haven't tried that rub.....spaced on it. Need to go buy some chicken! :thumbup:

Chef Paula,

It's addicting isn't it? I swear we only have one rub....I'm insisting evryone try it! lol

AnnieBee ~

What did you end up using? How was it?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Hmmmm Kelly,

Totally haven't tried that rub.....spaced on it. Need to go buy some chicken! :thumbup:

Chef Paula,

It's addicting isn't it? I swear we only have one rub....I'm insisting evryone try it! lol

AnnieBee ~

It's funny how people are different. the Jerk Rub - even just to smell it - makes me gag! Seriously...it produces an effect that the only other time I have experienced anything like it was when I was pregnant, and smells would make me run for the bathroom! I make the "Jerk" Chicken Nachos with Chipotle Rub, because I can't cook with the Jerk Rub! Not sure what it is about it...but just don't open the bottle around me!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's funny how people are different. the Jerk Rub - even just to smell it - makes me gag! Seriously...it produces an effect that the only other time I have experienced anything like it was when I was pregnant, and smells would make me run for the bathroom! I make the "Jerk" Chicken Nachos with Chipotle Rub, because I can't cook with the Jerk Rub! Not sure what it is about it...but just don't open the bottle around me!

I wonder, if someone else made something with it, would you be able to eat it after it was cooked? I mean, it doesn't really have that smell when it's cooked, at least I don't think so, of course, I like it, so it doesn't bother me. But I know that somethings are different when cooked into something. You should try that sometime, have someone else cook it and then taste it... or not! :blushing:

ChefPaulaB said:
I wonder, if someone else made something with it, would you be able to eat it after it was cooked? I mean, it doesn't really have that smell when it's cooked, at least I don't think so, of course, I like it, so it doesn't bother me. But I know that somethings are different when cooked into something. You should try that sometime, have someone else cook it and then taste it... or not! :blushing:

Hmmm, you may be right! Like, when I was pregnant, I craved eggs...but couldn't stand the smell of cooking them. But DH could make me eggs, and I could eat them. I'll have to have someone else make the Jerk Chicken Nachos so I can try them that way. I LOVE them with the chipotle rub....

LOL Becky...that is funny....and sad, you're missing out. The smell is ok, but the taste is really yummy. Just be sure to use lots of lime....it brings out the flavor. If you do dare to try it, after someone preps it, let me know what you thought.

The funny thing is I could care less for the chipotle! lol The flavor is fine, and the smell is annoying to me! Who would have thunk?

ChefBeckyD said:

Becky,
It doesn't bother me to eat it, BUT it does have a weird smell.

Now...back to the Chicken, I also like to use the Citrus Basil Rub & I fill the cavity with Fresh Chunks of onion,garlic,oranges,lemons & limes....:D

The world would be a really boring place if we all liked the same things... ;)

So true Leslie....not to mention we'd all be fighting for the same jar. He He

Do you put things on the inside of the chicken to add more flavor, or do you just sprinkle seasonings on the outside? Sometimes, I think the chicken doesn't have that much flavor--and I wonder if it would be better if the skin was off?

babywings76 said:
Do you put things on the inside of the chicken to add more flavor, or do you just sprinkle seasonings on the outside? Sometimes, I think the chicken doesn't have that much flavor--and I wonder if it would be better if the skin was off?

I do it all different ways - sometimes I also slide some thin lemon slices, little sprigs of rosemary, and garlic slices under the skin before roasting. Yummy!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
AnnieBee ~

I ended up doing the normal recipe but with thyme and oregano. It was YUMMY! I haven't done this often, and so I was once again astounded at how moist, tender and delicious it was. I agree with the comment about putting something under the skin, if you take off the skin, it doesn't leave alot of the rub flavour on the chicken, although the chicken itself was pretty tasty!

I will have to try some of the other ideas here next time!

The basil and citrus sounds really good, as well as the chipotle. I have never tried the jerk. I'm afraid Becky has rubbed off on me :D, and I have never bought it!! One of these days I will order some, it is just never that high on my list (still need to try the citrus and basil and italian and asian, and morrocan...).

Talking of which, how is the asian? I'm bever that drawn to trying it, until I see the recipes that use it and then I wish I had some!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
LOL Becky...that is funny....and sad, you're missing out. The smell is ok, but the taste is really yummy. Just be sure to use lots of lime....it brings out the flavor. If you do dare to try it, after someone preps it, let me know what you thought.

The funny thing is I could care less for the chipotle! lol The flavor is fine, and the smell is annoying to me! Who would have thunk?

Definitely love the lime, and can't leave off the sour cream in my opinion. We also use the lime flavored tortilla chips. I have found though, that every time we make these they are a little bit different... Never really the same flavor, maybe because I don't always measure everything, just guesstimate it. But they're always good! Might need to make some this weekend!

Southwestern, if I'm making chicken fajitas with it. Otherwise, Smoky BBQ. My husband prefers the Greek, and he puts lemon slices in with it.

1. What is the best seasoning for 30-minute chicken?

Our top pick for seasoning 30-minute chicken is our Pampered Chef Chicken Seasoning Blend. It's a perfect blend of herbs and spices that adds flavor and depth to your chicken dishes.

2. Is the Chicken Seasoning Blend spicy?

No, the Chicken Seasoning Blend is not spicy. It has a well-balanced flavor that is not too spicy or overpowering. It's suitable for all taste preferences.

3. Can I use the Chicken Seasoning Blend on other meats?

Yes, you can use the Chicken Seasoning Blend on other meats such as pork, beef, or fish. It adds a delicious flavor to any protein dish.

4. How much Chicken Seasoning Blend should I use for one chicken breast?

For one chicken breast, we recommend using about 1-2 teaspoons of the Chicken Seasoning Blend. You can adjust the amount according to your taste preferences.

5. Can I use the Chicken Seasoning Blend for marinating?

Yes, you can use the Chicken Seasoning Blend for marinating. Simply mix the seasoning with oil, lemon juice, and any other desired ingredients to make a marinade for your chicken. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • DebPC