1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Favourite seasoning for 30-min chicken

1. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

Just wondering what everyone's favourite seasonings for the 30-min chicken are. Doesn't have to be a PC seasoning!

I need ideas for dinner tonight!

May 28, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I'm boring. I like the Italian!

3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I've used the Rotisserie (sp?) flavor from McCormick. Also, TS's Garlic Garlic and a dash of this and a dash of that. I just grab stuff from the cabinet. :) I've been using the Citrus and Basil rub lately. They all are fine. :D

May 28, 2009
  4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Lately, I've been liking lots of lime juice and Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Another favorite, and it doesn't sound appetizing, but it is. I use mustard, plain yellow, all over the chicken then use Season-All over it.

5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

This is late...but I start with the PC recipe of flour, and paprika, and then add a smoky bbq rub, and McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken seasoning.

This mix is wonderful!

May 28, 2009
  6. KellyCooks

KellyCooks Novice Member Gold Member

I love the Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub.

Kelly

May 28, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I am right there with you on that! Love the lime and Jam. Jerk! So summery like!

May 29, 2009
  8. Jolie_Paradoxe

Hmmmm Kelly,

Totally haven't tried that rub.....spaced on it. Need to go buy some chicken! :thumbup:

Chef Paula,

It's addicting isn't it? I swear we only have one rub....I'm insisting evryone try it! lol

AnnieBee ~

What did you end up using? How was it?

9. ChefBeckyD

It's funny how people are different. the Jerk Rub - even just to smell it - makes me gag! Seriously...it produces an effect that the only other time I have experienced anything like it was when I was pregnant, and smells would make me run for the bathroom! I make the "Jerk" Chicken Nachos with Chipotle Rub, because I can't cook with the Jerk Rub! Not sure what it is about it...but just don't open the bottle around me!

May 29, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

I wonder, if someone else made something with it, would you be able to eat it after it was cooked? I mean, it doesn't really have that smell when it's cooked, at least I don't think so, of course, I like it, so it doesn't bother me. But I know that somethings are different when cooked into something. You should try that sometime, have someone else cook it and then taste it... or not! :blushing:

May 29, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

Hmmm, you may be right! Like, when I was pregnant, I craved eggs...but couldn't stand the smell of cooking them. But DH could make me eggs, and I could eat them. I'll have to have someone else make the Jerk Chicken Nachos so I can try them that way. I LOVE them with the chipotle rub....

May 29, 2009
  12. Jolie_Paradoxe

LOL Becky...that is funny....and sad, you're missing out. The smell is ok, but the taste is really yummy. Just be sure to use lots of lime....it brings out the flavor. If you do dare to try it, after someone preps it, let me know what you thought.

The funny thing is I could care less for the chipotle! lol The flavor is fine, and the smell is annoying to me! Who would have thunk?

13. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Becky,
    It doesn't bother me to eat it, BUT it does have a weird smell.

Now...back to the Chicken, I also like to use the Citrus Basil Rub & I fill the cavity with Fresh Chunks of onion,garlic,oranges,lemons & limes....:D

May 29, 2009
  14. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

The world would be a really boring place if we all liked the same things... ;)

May 29, 2009
  15. Jolie_Paradoxe

So true Leslie....not to mention we'd all be fighting for the same jar. He He

16. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Do you put things on the inside of the chicken to add more flavor, or do you just sprinkle seasonings on the outside? Sometimes, I think the chicken doesn't have that much flavor--and I wonder if it would be better if the skin was off?

May 29, 2009
  17. ChefBeckyD

I do it all different ways - sometimes I also slide some thin lemon slices, little sprigs of rosemary, and garlic slices under the skin before roasting. Yummy!

May 29, 2009
  18. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

I ended up doing the normal recipe but with thyme and oregano. It was YUMMY! I haven't done this often, and so I was once again astounded at how moist, tender and delicious it was. I agree with the comment about putting something under the skin, if you take off the skin, it doesn't leave alot of the rub flavour on the chicken, although the chicken itself was pretty tasty!

I will have to try some of the other ideas here next time!

The basil and citrus sounds really good, as well as the chipotle. I have never tried the jerk. I'm afraid Becky has rubbed off on me :D, and I have never bought it!! One of these days I will order some, it is just never that high on my list (still need to try the citrus and basil and italian and asian, and morrocan...).

Talking of which, how is the asian? I'm bever that drawn to trying it, until I see the recipes that use it and then I wish I had some!

May 29, 2009
  19. ChefPaulaB

Definitely love the lime, and can't leave off the sour cream in my opinion. We also use the lime flavored tortilla chips. I have found though, that every time we make these they are a little bit different... Never really the same flavor, maybe because I don't always measure everything, just guesstimate it. But they're always good! Might need to make some this weekend!

May 29, 2009
  20. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

Southwestern, if I'm making chicken fajitas with it. Otherwise, Smoky BBQ. My husband prefers the Greek, and he puts lemon slices in with it.

May 30, 2009
Have something to add?