• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Bacon: Tips for Pan vs. Microwave

In summary, the bacon in the bar pan can be cooked in the oven or microwave. It usually takes about 30 minutes to get it the way you like it. The bacon turns out wonderfully using either the oven or microwave.
PCALISON437613
Has anyone made the bacon in the bar pan? Could you fill me in how long and what temperature? Or did you make it in the micro? Thanks :)

I put a lb of bacon in the bar pan and pop it in the oven at 325. It usually takes about 30 minutes to get it the way I like it. I have a double oven, so I usually (on Sunday morning) put a bar pan of bacon and a bar pan of pancake mix in each oven, go up stairs and shower and get ready and breakfast is ready when I come down. :)

Microwave and OvenHi Alison,

I've made the bacon in the small bar pan in the microwave, and the bar pan in the oven. For the microwave, I use roughly 1 minute per slice of bacon. I have to warn you, though, at least for me, it took off the seasoning of my pan. I don't know why - maybe it got too hot? I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else, though. For the oven, I use 400 degrees, 30-45 minutes depending on how crispy you like it.

The bacon turns out wonderfully using either the microwave or oven.

HTH,
Diane

ThanksThank you soo much, That info was exactly what I needed, This site is a great venue for information.

As an aside, we do soy bacon in the small bar pan in our toaster oven all the time, and it turns out great!

Bacon in the Bar Pan TipAt National Conference, in the Kitchen Show w/Wow class that I took, they said to put parchment paper in the bottom of the pan first...makes clean up a snap, and is safer when taking the pan out of the oven.

As far as I am concerned, this is the ONLY way to do bacon. I attached a doc called "A Day in the Life of a Bar Pan" that I received along the way. I give it to any customer who buys (or already owns) the bar pan.

Enjoy!

Nicole Uebel
Independent Future Director (+2) #405321

Attachments

• A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BAR PAN.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 563
ThanksWow thanks I heard that info about the life of a bar pan on one of the free cd's we got from HO and I was thinking I needed to tell everyone about it and now you have provided it in righting! Thanks so much this site is just wonderful!

Michelle

The only way we cook it nowThe only way my husband and I will cook bacon now is via the oven on the bar pan. It's absolutely wonderful! Plus it seasons your bar pan like nothing else!

We cook ours at 400-425, and just watch it (sorry, I can't tell you the exact time it takes).

1. What is the best way to cook bacon in a pan?

The best way to cook bacon in a pan is to start with a cold pan and lay the bacon strips flat in a single layer. Cook on medium heat, flipping occasionally, until desired crispiness is reached.

2. How can I prevent bacon from splattering in the pan?

To prevent splattering, you can partially cover the pan with a lid or use a splatter guard. You can also add a small amount of water to the pan before cooking the bacon, which will help reduce splattering.

3. Is it safe to cook bacon in the microwave?

Yes, it is safe to cook bacon in the microwave, but it may not turn out as crispy as cooking it in a pan. Be sure to use a microwave-safe dish and cover the bacon with a paper towel to prevent splattering.

4. Can I cook bacon in the oven?

Yes, cooking bacon in the oven is a great option for cooking large batches. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until desired crispiness is reached.

5. How do I get rid of the excess grease when cooking bacon?

To get rid of excess grease, you can either drain it off into a container or use a paper towel to blot the bacon before serving. You can also let the bacon cool on a wire rack, which will allow the excess grease to drip off.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
wcsis