• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a 5 1/2 lb Chicken: Is it Possible?

In summary, the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker is a versatile cooking tool that can be used to cook a 5 1/2 lb chicken in both the oven and on the grill. No additional liquid is needed as the baker is designed to lock in moisture. It can also be used to cook other meats such as beef, pork, and fish, with adjustments to cooking time and temperature. It is recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F before serving.
Becky0216
anyone do a bigger chicken than 4lbs? I have a 5 1/2 lb that I would like to do and am wondering if it will still work out.

Becky0216 said:
anyone do a bigger chicken than 4lbs? I have a 5 1/2 lb that I would like to do and am wondering if it will still work out.

It works just fine - but call it a 40 minute chicken instead!;):D

thanks. I will do it for dinner then.

I used a 5lb and cooked it for 35 min and it was perfect:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
It works just fine - but call it a 40 minute chicken instead!;):D

Me Too!!! :D;)

I had a host who didn't listen to my instructions and had a 5 ish pound chicken. It took probably 40 minutes. I was irritated, but the chicken still took less time than in the oven.

my chicken was actually 6 lbs but I cooked it for 35 mins and it was done perfect. Thanks for the advice though
Also for those hosts who get the wrong size chicken. The 30 min chicken will be 40 min. and close to oven baking time. However, you are not heating up a whole oven and house to make it. Just something to remind the host of.

I guess it depends on everyone's micro.(LOL)

1. Can I cook a 5 1/2 lb chicken in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker is designed to cook a variety of meats, including a 5 1/2 lb chicken. Its deep dish and lid help to evenly distribute heat and moisture for a perfectly cooked chicken.

2. How long do I need to cook a 5 1/2 lb chicken in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for a 5 1/2 lb chicken will vary depending on your oven and cooking method. As a general rule, you should cook the chicken for 20 minutes per pound at 375°F. However, we recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F before removing it from the oven.

3. Can I use the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker to cook a 5 1/2 lb chicken on the grill?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used on both the oven and the grill. If using on the grill, we recommend cooking over medium heat for 20 minutes per pound, and again, using a meat thermometer to check for doneness.

4. Do I need to add any liquid when cooking a 5 1/2 lb chicken in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker?

No, the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker is designed to lock in moisture, so there is no need to add any liquid when cooking a 5 1/2 lb chicken. However, you can add seasonings and herbs to enhance the flavor of the chicken.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker to cook other meats besides chicken?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker can be used to cook a variety of meats, including beef, pork, and fish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature according to the type and weight of the meat being cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef