• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Converting Publisher Docs to Word: Solve Your Newsletter Opening Issues

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of converting a Publisher document to Word and finding a way to share it with others who may not have Publisher. Suggestions include using Outlook to send the document as a message, converting the file to PDF format, and using a program specifically designed for converting PDF to Word. It is also recommended to send the newsletter in a format that is widely accessible to ensure that all contacts are able to view it.
pcjulie
Is there a way to convert a Publisher document to Word? Now that I changed my newsletter to Publisher some people can't open it!

If you have your Outlook set up, you can Choose File > Send E-Mail > Send this Page as Message...and then it will open in a new mail message...test it out and see, but when I just tried it, it just created an image of it in the email....so everyone should be able to see it!PS: Publisher is an evil, evil program!!

I'll have to try it. Before I had Publisher I was able to open documents from this site and even change to wording, so I figured it had to be possible. I'm wondering how many of my 300 contacts will actually be able to read it!

I use Publisher too for my newsletters. This is how I send it... I use Outlook too. Anyway, I convert the Publisher file to PDF format and then copy the PDF like an image and paste it into the message that way when my contacts get it they can read the newletter without opening any additional files. If you need any help just PM or email me. I'll be happy to help you.

Id like to lear how to convert a PDF file to a word doc so I can edit it fi I choose to. Can someone send me the steps on how to do this? I have Acrobat reader only. :(

You need a program that actually converts PDF to Word. There are a few. You can do a google search, there should be one that is FREE. I'm not sure what it is called. I paid 29.00 for my program I have. Solid Documents is the one I have and it works wonderful. Primo PDF is a free version or at least that is what comes up when I google it.

Last edited:
Primo PDF creates PDF's from Word, not the other way around.When in doubt, send your newsletter in a format that most people are likely to have - including fonts. Most people don't have Publisher (or if they do, it's an old version). Even Word documents aren't always safe. But everyone has Acrobat Reader, a web browser and an email program. :)

What is the best way to convert a Publisher document to Word?

The best way to convert a Publisher document to Word is by using the "Save As" feature in Publisher. This allows you to save the document as a Word file (.docx) and maintain the formatting and layout.

Will all of the formatting and images be preserved when converting from Publisher to Word?

Yes, as long as you use the "Save As" feature in Publisher, all of the formatting and images will be preserved when converting to Word. However, some advanced features and effects may not be fully supported in Word.

Can I edit the converted Word document as I would a normal Word document?

Yes, once the Publisher document is converted to Word, you can edit it just like any other Word document. You can make changes to the text, formatting, and images without any issues.

What if I don't have Publisher? Is there another way to convert the document to Word?

If you don't have Publisher, you can use a free online file conversion tool to convert the document from Publisher to Word. However, the formatting and layout may not be as accurate as using the "Save As" feature in Publisher.

Are there any limitations to converting a Publisher document to Word?

There are some limitations when converting a Publisher document to Word. As mentioned before, some advanced features and effects may not be fully supported in Word. It is also recommended to check the converted document for any formatting or layout errors and make adjustments as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Mwalker
  • kreaser
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • karlene