• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Selling at a Retail Store Front...

I have a friend that used to sell HI and she quit b/c of the other girls in her town. They bought a store and started selling HI merchandise in their store. They claimed it was an ongoing show and get away with it. She quit HI b/c she was losing business to those that could just walk into a store and buy the product rather than waiting for them to ship.
PCJen
I just found out through a possible recruit that there is a consultant that has a rented space (usual used by crafters and antique collectors to sell there goods) set up down at a local store front selling PC products.:eek: Isn't this a no, no? I'm pretty sure it is, just like selling on ebay. I thought I had read it somewhere and looked in the Policies and Procedures online but can't seem to find any info. I'm thinking this is a new consultant that may not know any better. Please let me know if you find written info on this. Thanks.

It is NOT allowed unless it is just for a day or 2 (like a craft show).

I think it's in the fine print on the agreement.Yep- it's in clause #1:
I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale. I will present Company products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the Company.
I'd contact HO (career solutions) with the information you have, like the name of the venue, phone number, etc. And (if you have it) the name of the consultant. But I wouldn't try to approach the consultant yourself.

chefann said:
I'd contact HO (career solutions) with the information you have, like the name of the venue, phone number, etc. And (if you have it) the name of the consultant. But I wouldn't try to approach the consultant yourself.

I agree. She may or may not be nice about it. Let HO deal with it.

If it's an honest mistake and she pulls out of there she will not get into trouble. They will tell her that if she doesn't stop selling there she will not be allowed to be a consultant, per policy.

It is unfair to all other consultants in the area for her to have that space in a store.

Thanks Ann, I knew I had read it somewhere.

Thanks everyone.

I'll have to go down and check it out before I contact HO. I hate to be the one to do it, but I know it's very unfair to all us other consultants.

Don't feel bad about it. It's what any ethical Cheffer would do, not to mention, he/she'd be happy to return the favor and report you, so gopher it. (They won't know it's you, BTW.)

There was a lady in this area doing that. I waffled back and forth before deciding to email her myself. She went on and on about how she didn't know...would be out by the end of the month...blah, blah, blah.

As of 3 months ago she was still there (I found her last fall) and HO was aware and looking into it.

Burns my butt that she snowed me. So...next time, unfortunately, I will NOT be giving anyone the benefit of the doubt...I will call HO immediately. Not reading your policies and procedure manual = not good business sense. It's something we are all held accountable to and should read. (Note...I am NOT saying that as in "you should have known the answer to your question" I am saying that those who do this 99% of the time have the idea that it IS wrong and go ahead and do it...claiming ignorance of the policy.)

Not to highjack the thread, but . . . Jennie, I have family in Ellensburg! Do you know the Cutlers (Bob, Tandyn, Joshua, Johanna, and Andrew)??? Bob is my father, and the boys and Johanna are my siblings.

etteluap70PC said:
It is NOT allowed unless it is just for a day or 2 (like a craft show).

Yes and the difference is at craft shows, we don't sell there...it is just making contacts, booking shows and getting our name out.

Note to self.....look for craft fairs. LOL

WOW!! The nerve!! That would so make me mad. I have a friend that used to sell HI and she quit b/c of the other girls in her town. They bought a store and started selling HI merchandise in their store. They claimed it was an ongoing show and get away with it. She quit HI b/c she was losing business to those that could just walk into a store and buy the product rather than waiting for them to ship.
I would definetely call HO and turn her in. That is unacceptable no matter what.

What's HI?

pampchefsarah said:
Not to highjack the thread, but . . . Jennie, I have family in Ellensburg! Do you know the Cutlers (Bob, Tandyn, Joshua, Johanna, and Andrew)??? Bob is my father, and the boys and Johanna are my siblings.

Hi Sarah,

No, I don't know your family. That sure would of been neat if I did. What are you doing in VA? PM me if you would like.

pampered.chris said:
WOW!! The nerve!! That would so make me mad. I have a friend that used to sell HI and she quit b/c of the other girls in her town. They bought a store and started selling HI merchandise in their store. They claimed it was an ongoing show and get away with it. She quit HI b/c she was losing business to those that could just walk into a store and buy the product rather than waiting for them to ship.
I would definetely call HO and turn her in. That is unacceptable no matter what.

Yea I'm upset a bit but I really don't know any details because I haven't seen her set up. But even if she isn't selling the physical products from her space, which she must be because that is the type of setup the store is, she is still in the wrong because of it being a store front. I'll try and go check it out tomorrow. I just hope this is an oops in her case. I can't be mad because I don't know details at this time.

BTW, I was an HI consultant for 5 years. They are also not allowed to sell in a storefront atmosphere either and for the same reason...why would you have home parties when you can just go to the store and buy it?

I was hearing a consultant's commercial on the Christian station here for several months. I kept meaning to call the HO, but then they stopped, so I presume someone else turned her in. She never said she was a Director or above, so I am presuming she was just a Consultant, getting her name out!

PCJen said:
Yea I'm upset a bit but I really don't know any details because I haven't seen her set up. But even if she isn't selling the physical products from her space, which she must be because that is the type of setup the store is, she is still in the wrong because of it being a store front. I'll try and go check it out tomorrow. I just hope this is an oops in her case. I can't be mad because I don't know details at this time.

Just remember, do not say anything to her. Do not tell her you are a Cheffer. Do not confront her in any way.

HO had people who are paid to do that - you are not. You have no idea what a confrontation with her might cause somewhere down the line.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Just remember, do not say anything to her. Do not tell her you are a Cheffer. Do not confront her in any way.

HO had people who are paid to do that - you are not. You have no idea what a confrontation with her might cause somewhere down the line.

I had never planned on it. I'm just going there to make sure it is the place I am told it is at before I call HO since the info about it was coming from a possible recruit.

I just contacted HO. I explained what type of store it was and they said that no she should not be doing that and would let that Consultant know.

1. Can I sell Pampered Chef products in a retail store front?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to sell our products in a retail store front. However, it is important to note that you must follow our policies and guidelines for selling in a retail setting.

2. Do I need permission from Pampered Chef to sell in a retail store front?

Yes, you must obtain permission from Pampered Chef before selling our products in a retail store front. This is to ensure that our brand and products are being represented accurately and in line with our policies.

3. Are there any restrictions on where I can sell Pampered Chef products in a retail store front?

Yes, there are certain restrictions on where you can sell our products in a retail store front. For example, you cannot sell our products in a store that sells similar or competing products. You also cannot sell our products at events or trade shows without prior approval from Pampered Chef.

4. Are there any special requirements for displaying Pampered Chef products in a retail store front?

Yes, there are specific requirements for displaying our products in a retail store front. This includes using our approved logos and images, following our branding guidelines, and displaying our products in a professional and eye-catching manner.

5. Can I offer discounts or promotions on Pampered Chef products in a retail store front?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are not allowed to offer discounts or promotions on our products in a retail store front. This is to maintain the value and integrity of our products and brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kdangel518
Replies
Views
jbachen
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat