• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering a New Laptop, I Suggest Hp

Inspirion that I got about a year and a half ago. It's a great laptop and I've had no problems with it.I've never had a problem with HP hardware, but I have had a lot of problems with HP customer service.
ChefLisa
My laptop was not working this morning and I went into panic mode. I tried everything to get it going. One great call to HP support and I am typing this message on my laptop.

I love GREAT customer service and I got it today!

I am also pleased with my HP Pavilion lapstop - I also have a Compaq laptop that was never quite right and even though HP owns Compaq, their support is abysmal. Conclusion: HP is a fine product, Compaq is not.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I am also pleased with my HP Pavilion lapstop - I also have a Compaq laptop that was never quite right and even though HP owns Compaq, their support is abysmal. Conclusion: HP is a fine product, Compaq is not.

I can testify to that first hand! I'm dealing with them (or trying to) even as I type this.:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Hmmmm...my little Dell is on deaths door......DH is at a loss. Our desktop (HP) is having fits as well and wouldn't it figure it..a few days ago was the anniversary of us buying it.

Compaq Support Rep of The Month
techsupport.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Compaq Support Rep of The Month

techsupport.jpg

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

You just confirmed my suspicions....even if he did say his name was Mike.:eek::eek::eek:

How funny, I have a HP wireless printer that has not been working wirelessly lately. I have considered calling HP but haven't for fear of talking to the above technical support rep so for now my wireless printer is wired....

I have an HP 6715b which is an HP Compaq...so far I am VERY pleased with it.HP has traditionally had good laptops, hardware-wise.

armywyf said:
How funny, I have a HP wireless printer that has not been working wirelessly lately. I have considered calling HP but haven't for fear of talking to the above technical support rep so for now my wireless printer is wired....

I've actually been underwhelmed by my last couple of HP printers. Support kinda dried up just about the time I needed it the most, no new drivers and no real help. I've got an HP scanner, too, that worked fine, for awhile. Now it will do one scan then the system says it can't find it. ARRRGH.

Fine laptops, though.

erinyourpclady said:
Hmmmm...my little Dell is on deaths door......DH is at a loss. Our desktop (HP) is having fits as well and wouldn't it figure it..a few days ago was the anniversary of us buying it.

I just got a new Dell laptop. The LCD was dead on my almost 3 year old one. I could've replaced it for about $250-$300, but ended up just getting a new one. It's amazing how quickly the improvements occur with memory, speed, etc. I got my new one at Best Buy and got the replacement plan (the accidental damage one) for 3 years that I think will come in very handy. If I drop it or spill on it and it can't be fixed, they'll replace it.

I really like it! However, I can't seem to install P3 on it yet so that's still on my desktop temporarily. I wonder if it has something to do with my new laptop having Vista??

Funny you guys should be posting this. Was just looking at laptops on the Future Shop website and was looking at the HPs.....don't really NEED one, but it would be nice! ;)

pamperedbecky said:
I really like it! However, I can't seem to install P3 on it yet so that's still on my desktop temporarily. I wonder if it has something to do with my new laptop having Vista??

Yep - there's something special that has to be done if you have Vista. Call Tech Support - they'll walk you through it.

I swear by Dell or Vaio...............I have a Vaio that is nearly four years old and still kicking. And the only reason I got my Dell is for the faster processor and bigger screen.

chefann said:
Yep - there's something special that has to be done if you have Vista. Call Tech Support - they'll walk you through it.

Ok thanks!:) I was assuming that was the case, I just haven't gotten around to calling them yet. I LOVE that they're open until 11 pm CST because I probably won't have time to call them until close to then.:)

My first 2 laptops were Vaios... I LOVED them! They lasted years! When my last one finally died it was 4 years old and the geek squad guy said that laptops are made to last about 2 years, maybe 3 so anything above that is a great laptop. Now I have a Toshiba and it's been a great laptop - less problems than the Vaio. I also have a Mac and LOVE it! I am still learning about some things (some things only open right on my toshiba and I can't figure it out), but would never trade it for a PC again!

1. What are the benefits of choosing an HP laptop?

HP laptops offer a variety of benefits, including high performance, durability, and a wide range of features to suit your needs. They also have a reputation for excellent customer service and easy accessibility for repairs or upgrades.

2. How does the price of an HP laptop compare to other brands?

HP laptops are competitively priced and offer a great value for the features and quality they provide. They often have frequent sales and discounts, making them a more affordable option compared to other brands.

3. What type of warranty is included with an HP laptop?

HP laptops typically come with a standard one-year warranty that covers any defects or malfunctions. Customers also have the option to purchase extended warranties for additional coverage.

4. Are HP laptops user-friendly for those who are not tech-savvy?

Yes, HP laptops are designed with user-friendliness in mind. They have a user-friendly interface and offer helpful tutorials and customer support for any technical questions or issues.

5. Can an HP laptop be customized to fit my specific needs?

Yes, HP offers a variety of customization options for their laptops, including different processors, memory, storage, and graphics cards. You can also choose from a range of screen sizes and resolutions to fit your preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • chefcharity