• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I fix my laptop's resolution issue?

In summary, the HP Pavilion laptop user experiences a new hardware warning and cannot resolve the issue. After trying different methods, he calls the help desk and recalls that he had similar problems in the past when his laptop was still under warranty. The help desk walks him through some steps to take, but he does not remember what they were. He then finds a post on the internet asking for help and is able to communicate with the person asking for help and receive help.
chefcharity
Are there any computer people out there? I need some help...

I have a HP Pavilion laptop with Vista on it. Yesterday, as I was typing, a new hardware warning popped up. I did not want to do anything with it, so I said 'remind me later'. After that my resolution is HUGE! I have tried restarting, I have taken any new programs off the computer, I have changed (tried to) the resolution in the control panel and I have restarted a dozen times. No difference.

Seems like I had this problem once a while back - when it was still under warranty. I called the help desk then and they walked me through some steps to take. Of course, I don't remember what that was. Any help? Thoughts?

Thanks!

chefcharity said:
Are there any computer people out there? I need some help...

I have a HP Pavilion laptop with Vista on it. Yesterday, as I was typing, a new hardware warning popped up. I did not want to do anything with it, so I said 'remind me later'. After that my resolution is HUGE! I have tried restarting, I have taken any new programs off the computer, I have changed (tried to) the resolution in the control panel and I have restarted a dozen times. No difference.

Seems like I had this problem once a while back - when it was still under warranty. I called the help desk then and they walked me through some steps to take. Of course, I don't remember what that was. Any help? Thoughts?

Thanks!

I know Janetupnorth is super busy this weekend - but try pm'ing her and see if she can help.

She's amazing with computers!:) (and everything else...)

Try right clicking on your desktop, scroll down to personalize, then select display settings, you should see a resolution slider there, and slide it to 1024x768 and hit apply. Then you can adjust your personal pfreference from there by moving the slider. Hope this helps.......

I stuck with XP and have no intention of downgrading to Vista, so I can only guess this would be what to do on Vista. This is how it appears in XP and I bet it's the same for Vista.From the Start menu, launch the Control Panel and look for Appearance and Themes. The control for Change Screen Resolution should be under Appearance and Themes. A window will pop open with several tabs.Under the tab marked Settings, there should be a slider bar that you can use to change the screen resolution to a higher resolution (smaller windows) or lower resolution (larger windows.)

ChefBeckyD said:
I know Janetupnorth is super busy this weekend - but try pm'ing her and see if she can help.

She's amazing with computers!:) (and everything else...)

Thanks Becky. Let me know what you find out. I have already gone to the control panel and re-adjusted my resolution arrow. No luck. The help desk had me restart and hold buttons down and stuff. Just can't remember exactly what it was. It is more of a problem than just that simple fix.

I appreciate your help!

I was just playing with my computer, it said my graphics driver was out of date and to update it. In the process, my driver got disabled and things went HUGE! Once I re-enabled it things went back to normal.

Go to control panel... device manager... click the plus sign next to the one called display adapters... right click on the program in there and click on enable if that is an option.

Not sure if that is your problem, but it's something to look into.

Well, I'm back to normal. I did an update from microsoft and it fixed it. Thanks for the input guys!

glad things are back to normal!

What should I do if my computer won't turn on?

First, make sure the power cord is securely plugged in and the outlet is working. If it still won't turn on, try holding down the power button for 10 seconds to reset it. If that doesn't work, it could be a hardware issue and you may need to take it to a technician.

My computer is running slow, how can I fix it?

There are a few things you can try to improve the speed of your computer. First, make sure you have enough storage space available. You can also try clearing your temporary files and running a disk cleanup. If those don't work, you may need to upgrade your hardware or consider a professional tune-up.

What should I do if my computer is infected with a virus?

If you suspect your computer has a virus, it's important to act quickly. Disconnect from the internet and run a virus scan with an antivirus program. If that doesn't work, you may need to consult a professional to safely remove the virus. To prevent future infections, be cautious when opening emails or downloading files from unknown sources.

How can I back up my important files?

There are several ways to back up your files. You can use an external hard drive to manually transfer and store your files. You can also use a cloud storage service, such as Google Drive or Dropbox, to automatically back up your files online. It's important to regularly back up your files in case of a computer crash or other unexpected event.

Why won't my computer connect to the internet?

If your computer is having trouble connecting to the internet, first make sure your internet connection is working and your Wi-Fi is turned on. Check for any software updates and restart your computer. If it still won't connect, you may need to troubleshoot your network settings or contact your internet service provider.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SilverCeladon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SilverCeladon
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • chef_kimmo
  • General Chat
Replies