• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Connecting with Christian Cheffers: A Pastor's Daughter in Naples, FL

Thank you!!! This is what I have been trying to say. Beth, i love you dearly and i apologize if i have offended or argued with you. I think we just had a lack of communication. I think we disagree on the definition of the one word that has started all of this. The word "Christian." To me, like shawnna said above, is one who is born-again. I guess i should have been clearer on this at the beginning. I am sorry if i offended anyone at all but I will not stand down on what i believe. Beth, i hope this does not come between us at all. I have only heard awesome things about you and your PC wisdom. I love you all. Sorry for all the ruckus. Keep up your faith, all of you. Keep pressing towards the goal for which God has called us heavenward.

I am Methodist. I always have been and we are considered Christians. I do not consider myself "born again". To me, "born again" means someone who has changed their faith or made the conscious decision in adulthood to accept Christ into his or her life, someone who decides what their religious affiliation is, rather than what their parents decide they were at birth. That is what I have always been taught and what I believe.

And mentioning the "Trying to Conceive" thread I started is just plain hurtful. My husband and I have been trying to have a family for over a year and needed some support after I found out yet again I wasn't pregnant. Anyone who has gone through this month after month like I have knows how I feel. To make matters worse, I was raped years ago by an ex-boyfriend, became pregnant from it and had a miscarriage and the complications from my rape have made it tough to get pregnant if not impossible. I have a 41 year old husband that desperately wants to play ball one day before he's too old with his son or daughter and I can't make it happen for him. I guess by starting that thread, I was just looking to hear from someone who has been there or someone who could just lend support. I apologize that my fertility or lack thereof could possibly be construed as offensive.

I was just trying to be friendly, stick up for someone I respect and welcome someone new to the ChefSuccess Community. I will unsubscribe to this thread, so don't bother posting a response to me. Good luck with your business.

Beth, I guess you and I were wrong thinking "inclusion".

I will PM Ann the same message as I am posting here. I am sorry that I offended you with the "trying to concieve" thing. I did not even know who started that thread. It was just the first thing that came to mind. i dont think you understood my point. I was saying how that thread is for certain people. and i know it was made for you to find encouragement of other people who have gone through the same thing. i am not married so i do not know what it is like but i know that your situation is a difficult one to deal with. i am not discounting this. But just as you were looking for encouragement from others in your same boat i was doing the same thing. I posted this tread hoping to find some encouragement from other Christains. This is an exclusive thread, just as was yours, just as was mine that said "anyone in here under 21" just as is one that says "anyone going to wave 1." does this mean i am not allowed in one of those threads? no. but in your thread i would not really have any advice or or story to share with you becasue i do not know what you are going through.

This was my only point. i hope i have made this clear. I did NOT try to offend or hurt you and i am embarrassed that you took it that way. i hope that you will forgive me because of this. I will keep you in my prayers asking God to bless you with a child. please take this note and try to understand what i am trying to say. thank you soooo much!

Okay, the bottom line is that Sara posted a thread looking for fellow cheffers. As we can see, there are quit a few out there. :D Ann and Beth, no hard feelings please, none hurt here! Just stating what I believe. My main point was that I did not think that Sara needed to change the name of the thread as not to offend. That is what got me going. Sooooooo, let's get back to happy posts. :D

Yikes! I feel like I started sending this post downhill and I did not mean for that to happen. I just decided to mention my religion (Judiasm) since everyone else was mentioning their religion. I was not offended by it, I just wanted to share also.

Anne, I absolutely hate what you have had to go through all of these years. I have been blessed with three beautiful children, but I did have one pregnancy go terribly wrong so I understand the pain you go through on a daily basis. Well, at least some of the pain. I know things happen for a reason, but I always struggle to understand the meaning of what happened to you. It just never makes sense to me. I hope you can take a deep breath and sleep on your decision to leave the board. Maybe things will look a little better tomorrow.

Thanks!
Lisa

I think perhaps part of our problem is in reading each other's posts, rather than being able to hear each other's voices, or seeing their expressions. I know I"ve typed messages with one "voice" in mind, but the receiver "hears" a different inflection.

God's blessings on you all as you strive to create godly homes for your families.

I am a Christian Cheffer! I am fairly new to PC (4 months), and I just found this site the other day and I am glad to find this thread. God has blessed me and my family in my ways. Thanks Laura, for the reminder to pray for my host and thier family.

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • jcsmilez
  • General Chat