• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Connecting with Christian Cheffers: A Pastor's Daughter in Naples, FL

S
sarahmarie
I was just wondering if there are Christian cheffers out there?
I am a Christian and I feel like so many of you are. That is so awesome. I am a pastors daughter down in Naples, FL. I can't wait to hear from some more of you!

Thank God for Pampered Chef!I'm a Christian Cheffer! I really do love the Pampered Chef and I do thank God for bring it into my life! I'm hoping it is His will for me to make this my full time business, because I really believe in this company and feel it is the best one in the DSA! I'm in central Ohio (Columbus area). Good thread to start!

hey again,
I posted in another one of your threads about being under 21. I'm a christian and proud of it. God has blessed me so much!!!

Tiffany

Hey HMOLAH, I live in Columbus, too. Whose cluster are you in?

amya said:
Hey HMOLAH, I live in Columbus, too. Whose cluster are you in?

Hi AmyA-

I'm actually a hospitality up here. My hospitality cluster is in Westerville. I'm getting ready to (or at least considering) change clusters. (Since I'm moving to the opposite side of town.) I am from Ohio, but signed up with TPC when DH was in the Navy and we were in Florida. I had a Navy friend in Virginia that got me into it. I haven't even ever met my director! lol :p I wanted to this year at conference, but I couldn't make it! Where is your cluster?

I'm a Christian Cheffer!

I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom of 8 blessings! I totally was NOT thinking of starting a home business. But when my SIL presented the idea to me, I realized that this was an awesome way to connect with people and share my faith.

God has blessed my business so far! I'm in SS #3, and I'm having so much fun! Our kids really enjoy it too -- I take one child with me to each show as my "assistant!" Sometimes some of our older kids help the hosts by babysitting during the shows!

I tell people if *I* have time to do Pampered Chef with 8 kids, they can do it too! I emphasize the flexibility.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Beth in PA

Me too!!God has blessed my family in more ways than I can count. I quit my job of over 11 years to stay home with my son. I was making more money than my husband at the time so it was a huge risk, but God has always taken care of us just like He says He will.

ChefBeth2:
You are amazing. 8 blessings from God. I love it. My boyfriend is the oldest of 7 blessings and his mother homeschools all of them. They are some of the most well behaved children that i have ever seen and her house is organized and immaculate ALL the time. So when i have one, two, three, ect. children i hope to be just like her. I used to think that large families were out of control but now i want one! God bless you for what you are doing.

I am a Christian Cheffer too. I am hoping to be able to quit my full time job by next summer. My husband has a restaurant and catering business and God has really blessed it. My PC has been a hobby for the last 5 years. I love PC because Doris is a Christian woman and wants to help families be together more. During the past year I have even said a blessing over the food before the guests eat. I didn't do it because I know not everyone is a Christian, but decided to take that stand. When we had the Planned Parenthood disaster a few years ago I was concerned about how it would play out. I was so proud that Doris took our concerns to the next level. She stood up for her values and ours.

hmolah said:
Hi AmyA-

I'm actually a hospitality up here. My hospitality cluster is in Westerville. I'm getting ready to (or at least considering) change clusters. (Since I'm moving to the opposite side of town.) I am from Ohio, but signed up with TPC when DH was in the Navy and we were in Florida. I had a Navy friend in Virginia that got me into it. I haven't even ever met my director! lol :p I wanted to this year at conference, but I couldn't make it! Where is your cluster?

My cluster is in Hilliard. I live just a little south of Hilliard with a Galloway address. My director is in Hilliard, too. Her name is Mary McLoughlin. I couldn't go to conference either, but Mary is having a huge multi-cluster meeting at her house on August 1 so we can all find out about the new stuff. I can't wait:) :)

Yes, I am also a Christian. I considered PC for a couple years before I retired from the Air Force and now that I've begun with PC, I continue to pray that it is His will that my business prosper so I will not have to return to full time work again, EVER! He has been working on my husband and I daily and we so welcome it as we walk in His light!

Oh, and I'm also from central Ohio. Anyone know where Mount Vernon is?

I'm a Christian Cheffer, too. I keep looking for signs that the Lord is happy with my efforts. Every once in a while when He sees that I am getting discouraged, He will send an unexpected order, from an unexpected source.
That happened twice recently, so I'm really trusting that my going to Chicago
will be His Will, and it will give me the big boost that I so desperately need right now. Instead of being on here, I should be making phone calls to line up shows but, here I am again. Pray for me, for safe travels. This will be my first flight in almost 20 years. (I flew around the world in 1981). Air travel has gotten lots more risky since then.

Me too!:D Like you all have said, God blesses me on a daily basis. Before all my shows I always pray the following: That the hostess is not stressed out, that her husband and children cooperate the evenging of the party, that all the guests arrive safely, that they do not spend more money than they are supposed to, that the hostess has a good turn out, that she receives alot of great products and that I am a good witness. So far my business has been a great success. I do have slow months like all the rest but it is usually because I am focused on other things. We are in the process of moving right now back to our hometown so the last month has been pretty low for me. However, my old friends got wind of us moving back and called yesterday to say that they would be throwing us a welcome back party and that they wanted it to be a PC party as well for all the ladies. God is great!!! :D

i am a Christian too. God has blessed my family many times. My two sons were born early and had some problems, especially my youngest but now they are both in good health and just growing way too fast. I started PC four months ago and I go to bed each night and ask God to help me. I pray that God will help you all too.

I'm a Christian too! I pray before all of my shows as well and after:)!. I really like the idea of praying the guest don't spend more then they should. I'm going to add that to my prayers.

I too am a Christian and this was my first conference. One thing that really impressed me about conference was the fact that before every event that had a meal, there was a blessing.
How many people in the corporate world do that anymore? It was wonderful!

Hi everyone,
I am a Christian Cheffer also. This is the first post I have done. I am on this site all the time, but have never posted. It is wonderful to know that there are so many christians in Pampered Chef. I went to the last two conferences, and so many of the speakers talked about their faith. I really felt like I was in good company. I wasn't able to go to conference this year but hope to go next year. Just a little tidbit to tell you about "God's perfect timing". I lost my husband 4 years ago, and I had a precious new grandson born the following month. The thing that makes it so wonderful is that I also have 4 other grandsons, and the next youngest one is now 19 years old.
We never thought we would have any more, and then this little miracle. We are having his 4th birthday pary here tomorrow. "God is Good" and He never fails us.

Thank you for starting this post.

Dianne

I am a Christian cheffer up here in Minot, ND. My husband is military. Thank you all for reminding me to pray before my shows. I used to when I first started PC but for some reason have gotten away from it. God Bless!

Me too:) I feel so blessed to be a part of PC; I don't know where my life would be without it.
Cindy--I thought that was really great about the blessings before each meal. Did you notice that each note was different?
What a great feeling it is to be a part of a company with such great values!

I almost never post here but I had to say thank God for all you other wonderful Christian women working their business for His glory. I am also a Christian and I live in Southern California. I love PC and feel as if it is a gift from God in my life and in my marriage. Keep striving for the goal and God Bless you all!:)

I'm a Christian too. God has blessed me with this great opportunity of selling Pampered Chef and helping me to be able to work part time away from home and part time at home so I can have more time with my children.

Finally a thread I can chime in on!! I am a Christian, Wife, Mom of three blessings and NOW a Pampered Cheffer. What more can you ask for? Oh, and I am from London KY and my name is Shannon.

me too!I am a Christian too... and a pretty new one at that! (Baptised three years ago!)

I feel like my business is the success it is because of God's grace.

Thanks, Big Guy!

Love+
Rachel

Mount Vernon Graduate!
PamperedChefDebi said:
Yes, I am also a Christian. I considered PC for a couple years before I retired from the Air Force and now that I've begun with PC, I continue to pray that it is His will that my business prosper so I will not have to return to full time work again, EVER! He has been working on my husband and I daily and we so welcome it as we walk in His light!

Oh, and I'm also from central Ohio. Anyone know where Mount Vernon is?
Hi,
I am also a Christian. What a neat thread! I am actually a teacher who took a year off to be with my son who has special needs. I'll be going back to work this school year, but will continue with TPC because it is so much fun. I live in SC, but my husband and I both graduated from Mount Vernon Nazarene College (91-92). (now MVNU). God continues to provide for all my family's needs and some of our wants too!
KH

I am a Christian, too. I am a stay-at-home mommy of one wonderful 2 year old son. Can't wait to have more. The Lord has blessed me with a great husbadn and adorable son. I always pray He will give me the words I need to improve my business and let me know when/if it is time to quit.

luvs2sellit said:
Before all my shows I always pray the following: That the hostess is not stressed out, that her husband and children cooperate the evening of the party, that all the guests arrive safely, that they do not spend more money than they are supposed to, that the hostess has a good turn out, that she receives alot of great products and that I am a good witness.
That would be a really great official Pampered Chef prayer! I'm Methodist!

I am a Christian too. It is so great to know that so many of us are. Hopefully, we can help the rest become one as well. I really feel God got me in PC and He has truly blessed it. My husband and I are praying for His guidance of whether I can quit work completely. I have been considering praying during the shows too, but I always "forget" too and then get mad at myself for not doing it. I have got to start that habit! If God blesses us then we have to remember to remember Him!

Like Chef Meagan, I rarely post, but couldn't resist this one. One of the things that impressed me most about PC was the mission of developing God-given talents. I attended National Conference last year just 4 months after joining, and was stunned at all of the references to God and the blessings of each meal. That convinced me that this was a company of which I wanted to be a part. God has definitely poured out his blessings on the Christopher family and so many others that put Him first and had faith that He would provide through this business. I am trying to get to that point - hoping to be home full time by next conference. God bless each of you in your business and for your willingness to be a witness for Him.

pamperedtara said:
Like Chef Meagan, I rarely post, but couldn't resist this one. One of the things that impressed me most about PC was the mission of developing God-given talents. I attended National Conference last year just 4 months after joining, and was stunned at all of the references to God and the blessings of each meal. That convinced me that this was a company of which I wanted to be a part. God has definitely poured out his blessings on the Christopher family and so many others that put Him first and had faith that He would provide through this business. I am trying to get to that point - hoping to be home full time by next conference. God bless each of you in your business and for your willingness to be a witness for Him.
Tara, that was an absolutely beautiful post which I think is absolutely true... you should post more!!!

I have to say something: Does it get to any of you that the gov't is trying to remove references of God from things, yet bends over backwards for non-christians for the fear that it will offend someone? I respect all religious choices... afterall this country was founded by those seeking refuge from religious persecution. (Stepping down off my soapbox):rolleyes:

AJ Pratt, I agree completely. We are expected to be "tolerant" of everyone, but Christians are the most un-tolerated.

I am a Christian too, and reading this thread has blessed me! I will pray for you all to have the faith and enery to have strong businesses. God is good.

:)
Anna

I am so glad i read and posted here. I did know about the strong faith of Doris or any of the Christopher family until this post. thanks for the great knowledge of knowing I am working for a Godly company! that's is why it is such a success!!!

I am a Jewish Cheffer! The thing that impressed me at the three conferences I have attended is that the prayers they offer work for anyone who believes in G-d.

Just an FYI...The reason for the - instead of an o is as a Jew I am not suppose to write out G-d. I just wanted to mention this so there is no thoughts of hidden meaning.

Thanks!
Lisa

I am Christian but I do want to say that we all need to be sensitive to our words. I KNOW that the person starting this thread meant no offense by it's title and I think for many the term "Christian" means "person who cares about others, lives their life in an honest way and believes in God" but it does exclude many good people of non-Christian faiths.

I had this discussion with a Jewish friend many years ago and she and I decided that a good alternative to the term "Christian" in that context is "Faith-filled".

I try to live my life by faith-based values and strive to be an example to some and learn from others and I just happen to be a Christian by accident of birth. (Please don't think I am minimizing my faith by that statement)

Lisa, that's wonderul! I love that Pampered Chef is a faith-based organization.

One of my room mates at conference and her director were talking about how PC represents God and the consultant didn't beliee it until the direcotr said, "Just read the mission statement." The girl was floored and more shockingly said, "I don't believe in God." Can I tell you our rowdy room fell silent. I respect her beliefs, but I was just surprised.

BethCooks4U said:
I am Christian but I do want to say that we all need to be sensitive to our words. I KNOW that the person starting this thread meant no offense by it's title and I think for many the term "Christian" means "person who cares about others, lives their life in an honest way and believes in God" but it does exclude many good people of non-Christian faiths.

I had this discussion with a Jewish friend many years ago and she and I decided that a good alternative to the term "Christian" in that context is "Faith-filled".

I try to live my life by faith-based values and strive to be an example to some and learn from others and I just happen to be a Christian by accident of birth. (Please don't think I am minimizing my faith by that statement)
What a great way to put it!!

BethCooks4U said:

Thank you Beth. I've been very concerned that there are people on this site who might be offended by this thread.

Maybe the person who started the thread could change the title to "Cheffers of faith" or something more generic...

I tried to change the title of a thread once, and I couldn't... is there a way?

I don't really want to chenge the name of the post because I was writing it to find out who else on this thread was a born again christian. I wanted to see who else shared my same faith and salvation through Jesus Christ. I don't want to offend anyone by this but I do not want to change the name of the thread because then it would have a different purpose than I meant. It would be great if you wanted to start a thread called faith-filled cheffers, or spiritual-cheffers. Please go right ahead but I want to keep this one here.

Why in the world would she have to change the name of the thread. Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!! She simply asked how many christian cheffers there were out there. She did not say " how many christian cheffers are there out there because we hate everyone else" Give me a break. This boils my blood. I would never go out of my to offend someone but to change my beliefs and candy coat it so that it does not offend anyone is in my opinion ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! I am a born again christian, I believe that God sent his son to earth to pay a high price for our sins. I am grateful for it every day. If that offends someone then so be it. If someone gets on here and posts that they are jewish they have every right. When the previous poster stated that she did not spell out the word God because she is jewish and they are against that I thought that was interesting and I learned something new about the jewish beliefs. I did not get offended!!!!! Stop being so worried that you might offend someone about your beliefs. Stand up for yourselves, don't back down.

I am a Christian and Proud of it! I love that this company was founded on strong Christian principles! I knew that this was the company for me, and I am so in awe and inspired by Doris!
I have put my kids first for 10 years and stayed home with them, and God made that happen by giving me this great business! Also, as my church ladies have told me, God is blessing me beyond belief with this business because I put my kids first in my life and he has rewarded me for doing so, and now that my youngest is on her way to first grade, I am going to move forward with my business and give it all I got! I will be a success in this business, there is no hoping involved! I know God gives me the true desires of my heart because I am faithful to him and I am a success already, because I already have received this gift from Him, I just can hardly wait to apply my time to this business so that I can see all of His blessing manifested!
Great to know that there are so many Christians on here!
God Bless you all and your businesses!:)

luvs2sellit said:
Why in the world would she have to change the name of the thread. Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!! She simply asked how many christian cheffers there were out there. She did not say " how many christian cheffers are there out there because we hate everyone else" Give me a break. This boils my blood. I would never go out of my to offend someone but to change my beliefs and candy coat it so that it does not offend anyone is in my opinion ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! I am a born again christian, I believe that God sent his son to earth to pay a high price for our sins. I am grateful for it every day. If that offends someone then so be it. If someone gets on here and posts that they are jewish they have every right. When the previous poster stated that she did not spell out the word God because she is jewish and they are against that I thought that was interesting and I learned something new about the jewish beliefs. I did not get offended!!!!! Stop being so worried that you might offend someone about your beliefs. Stand up for yourselves, don't back down.
AMEN SISTER! I completely agree with EVERYTHING you said! I am proud to be a Born Again Christian and I'm so happy that sarahmarie does not want and will not change the name! We need more bold Jesus loving people like you!
Wow! How great to see that some believe just like me, I would Be Offended if you did change the title! If someone is offended then don't read the thread or start your own, if I am offended then I won't read their thread!

Uh-oh... While some of the previous posts were well-put, I have to say I know Beth and she wasn't trying to upset anyone. She's always level-headed and fair. She's a kind and gentle soul and likes everyone to feel included and I'm sure that was her only intention.

She had just made a suggestion, so please do not be offended by what she posted. I respect everyone's feelings and faith, but lets not allow this to take a direction that wasn't in the spirit of the original post. I would hate for that to happen because this is an amazing, loving thread.

And, of course, if sarahmarie doesn't want to change the title, its ok. I, and I'm sure most, would understand that she was just looking for people that share the same faith and take the thread in the spirit it was meant.

And, if I have offended anyone by my post, I apologize, I will bow out gracefully.

I was offended when I was asked to change the name. I am not excluding people by saying "if you are not a Christian do not come in here." I am free to express my faith. This thread is just as exclusive as the thread that said "is any one else trying to conceive?" I am not. But I am not offended by that even though I dont fit into that thread. I dont have to participate. Instead I might post a thread saying "any single women out there."

I get frustrated in religious prejudice. It is just like racism. We are not supposed to show racism towards black, latin, asian, etc. But no one confronts black people about how they show racism toward white people. It is the same with Christianity. us christians are persecuted and blamed that we are closed minded and wont accept other religions. But why don’t other religious get persecuted for being prejudice towards Christians?

To me Christianity is more than living a good life and believing in God. Most religions believe in a god or a higher being. Christianity is not a religion that you are born into. It is a choice that you have to make. Christianity is not a religion at all. It is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Christianity is believing that Jesus is the son of God, that he died on the cross for my sins, that he rose on the 3 day victorious over death and erasing the sin from my life forever. I cannot work for my salvation. The only way that I can get to heaven is though the redeeming blood of Christ.

And if being passionate about my faith and wanting to share it with others offends anyone, I am not sorry. As a saved and redeemed child of God I am called to tell others of the amazing gift that Jesus gave to me. By not doing it I am disobeying God. I don’t care what others think of me. I care about what God thinks of me and making sure that my heart and life is right before him.

I love everyone on here. I am not writing this to offend anyone. Please hear my heart. Thank you to everyone’s positive feedback!

Kind and gentle soul or not I do not take it lightly that God sent his only son to die a horrible death for us. I am not going to change the way I speak about what I believe as to not offend anyone. YOU HAVE TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES!!!! Because the US is so worried about offending people we have taken the commandments out of our courthouses and public places and stopped prayers in school. For goodness sakes, a teenage girl was shot to death in a public school because when asked if she was a christian she said yes! She died for her belief yet we can not simply state it on this site as we might offend someone. If you believe then you believe all the time, not just when it is convenient for you or others. I completely agree with you about Beth, I have always enjoyed her posts. However, I do not agree with the fact of changing the post to not offend someone. I will continue to read and learn from Beth's post. I also love your posts AJ Pratt, I am simply stating my view on the matter. No hard feelings. Just standing up for what I believe.

WOW! I feel like I've been slapped in the face!

I totally understand (now) that you wanted to know who is in your select group (which I am part of btw) and I respect that you wouldn't want to change the thread title because of that. I was only making the suggestion and I never meant that you should change the subject of the thread - I was thinking inclusion here. Obviously I was on the wrong track. Your opening post didn't say that you were only looking for born-again Christians so I was looking at it more generically as I said in a previous post. Had the words "born-again" or something to that effect been in the original post I would not even have considered suggesting a change. I will be more careful to read between the lines in the future.

I was just wondering if there are Christian cheffers out there?
I am a Christian and I feel like so many of you are. That is so awesome. I am a pastors daughter down in Naples, FL. I can't wait to hear from some more of you!

As far as the comments about being politically correct are concerned, I agree that our government has gone way overboard on that and taking God out of everything is very offensive to me too. My comments were not made to make this thread politically correct, they were made because I thought that the thread was about the kind of people PC attracts and our mission statement which does not restrict itself to only Christians but embraces people of all faiths who have those values we hold important.

My faith in God and Jesus leads me to accept and not judge people of all faiths and of no faith. I live my life and share my faith in ways that I hope show that, like Jesus, I love all of God's creatures without exception.

You are all in my prayers.

Last edited:
What a heated discussion this has turned out to be. There are so many names I recognize on here as people that I have grown to respect from the wisdom and wit of their previous posts. Obviously areas of faith are a very deepfelt emotional topic.

As a born again believer I can understand not wanting to change the name of the thread and love hearing the passion in some of the posts when speaking of your love for Christ and your deep faith (a lot of my hospitality cluster do not share this with me and it is nice to see other cheffers out there with the same beliefs).

I can also understand Beth's kind and loving heart being concerned about people feeling excluded. (If you read back through some of her posts you will see she is full of wonderful, thoughtful advice) If someone feels led to start another thread for consultants to share how their faith (regardless of which faith) guides them in their business and their lives I think that would be great idea.

Regardless of your faith it can be easy to get focused on business and segregate that part of our lives out so I appreciate every reminder I get to incorporate prayer into my PC time.

Thank you Sarah for starting this thread and thank you to everyone for speaking from your hearts.

Michele
Future Director

WOW!!!! Nothing offends anyone more easily than talking religion or politics...LOL I personally did not think you were meaning anything by your post to change the thread title, but I can see how it could be taken that way. At a previous job, everyone there was a Christian, except one lady who was/is an athiest. It was a small office and often we would discuss what was going on in our churches or something that the preacher had talked about that got us thinking and reading. One day we received a call from the main office that we were no longer to discuss religion or churches, or our faith at any time while at work because it was offensive to people. Now this really got me going. I had to sit and listen to this lady talk about her parties on the weekend, and all the other aspects of her life, but I was not allowed to talk about my weekend or life. I stood up for myself. Church is my life. All of my activities after work involve my church or church family in some way. I printed a copy of the Christian's rights in the workplace and gave it to them. As long as we are not preaching to her we have the right to talk about our faith. The only way to keep a Christian from wearing faith-based clothing or jewelry is to ban all clothing with writing on them and all jewelry. As a Christian, I have rights to speak about my faith anywhere I want to. But enough about that....no person here was trying to offend anyone.

But I will say this, a Christian is a born-again person. A born-again person is someone who believes Jesus is the son of God, asks for forgiveness of sins, and asks for Jesus to "come into their heart". The term Christian means to be Christ Like....we are suppose to strive to be like Christ. The term Christian is very loosely used in our society. Not everyone who believes in God is a Christian....Satan believes in God and Jesus.....I will take that a step farther and say that not everyone who attends church is a Christian. Our churches are filled with people who live like the Devil all week and show up on Sunday morning to fight off conviction. I see them in my church, in other churches in my small town, and I am sure you can all see them in your church. I have a strong faith in God. I do not make any decisions for my life or my families member's lives, without fervently praying about the situation. I believe that God wants to be part of every minute of our lives...nothing is too little or too big for him. After all, He is our father and don't we as parents feel the same way about our children? I could talk for days on end about this subject, but like everyone else, I do not want to offend anyone with what I believe. I believe it and I will not change my mind no matter what you personally believe. But that doesn't mean that I don't love you. It is time that followers of Christ stand up for what we believe in and stop cowering in the corner and letting that small percent of the population that does not believe in Christ run over us. It is our fault that prayer is out of schools and the 10 commandments are being taken out of public buildings....because we let it happen without a fight, and now the fight will be ten times harder to win....I am not a doomsday crier, but I firmly believe that we are living in "the last days" that the Bible talks about. We don't know the hour, but it doesn't take a genious to look around the world today and see prophesy after prophesy being fulfilled. Jesus said to go out into the highways and byways and compell them to come in. He loves everyone. That doesn't mean that He loves what we are doing, it means He loves us as a person. He loves the sinner, but not the sin....and that is really all of us, even if we are born-again, because we are just sinners who have been saved by His grace. Okay, enough preaching....

WOW!!!! Nothing offends anyone more easily than talking religion or politics...LOL I personally did not think you were meaning anything by your post to change the thread title, but I can see how it could be taken that way. At a previous job, everyone there was a Christian, except one lady who was/is an athiest. It was a small office and often we would discuss what was going on in our churches or something that the preacher had talked about that got us thinking and reading. One day we received a call from the main office that we were no longer to discuss religion or churches, or our faith at any time while at work because it was offensive to people. Now this really got me going. I had to sit and listen to this lady talk about her parties on the weekend, and all the other aspects of her life, but I was not allowed to talk about my weekend or life. I stood up for myself. Church is my life. All of my activities after work involve my church or church family in some way. I printed a copy of the Christian's rights in the workplace and gave it to them. As long as we are not preaching to her we have the right to talk about our faith. The only way to keep a Christian from wearing faith-based clothing or jewelry is to ban all clothing with writing on them and all jewelry. As a Christian, I have rights to speak about my faith anywhere I want to. But enough about that....no person here was trying to offend anyone.

But I will say this, a Christian is a born-again person. A born-again person is someone who believes Jesus is the son of God, asks for forgiveness of sins, and asks for Jesus to "come into their heart". The term Christian means to be Christ Like....we are suppose to strive to be like Christ. The term Christian is very loosely used in our society. Not everyone who believes in God is a Christian....Satan believes in God and Jesus.....I will take that a step farther and say that not everyone who attends church is a Christian. Our churches are filled with people who live like the Devil all week and show up on Sunday morning to fight off conviction. I see them in my church, in other churches in my small town, and I am sure you can all see them in your church. I have a strong faith in God. I do not make any decisions for my life or my families member's lives, without fervently praying about the situation. I believe that God wants to be part of every minute of our lives...nothing is too little or too big for him. After all, He is our father and don't we as parents feel the same way about our children? I could talk for days on end about this subject, but like everyone else, I do not want to offend anyone with what I believe. I believe it and I will not change my mind no matter what you personally believe. But that doesn't mean that I don't love you. It is time that followers of Christ stand up for what we believe in and stop cowering in the corner and letting that small percent of the population that does not believe in Christ run over us. It is our fault that prayer is out of schools and the 10 commandments are being taken out of public buildings....because we let it happen without a fight, and now the fight will be ten times harder to win....I am not a doomsday crier, but I firmly believe that we are living in "the last days" that the Bible talks about. We don't know the hour, but it doesn't take a genious to look around the world today and see prophesy after prophesy being fulfilled. Jesus said to go out into the highways and byways and compell them to come in. He loves everyone. That doesn't mean that He loves what we are doing, it means He loves us as a person. He loves the sinner, but not the sin....and that is really all of us, even if we are born-again, because we are just sinners who have been saved by His grace. Okay, enough preaching....

Hi everyone! :D I'm a born-again Christian. I asked the Lord into my heart 5 years ago, while I was on a missions trip to Mexico. Since then, I have grown so much in my relationship with Jesus, and continue to do so on a daily basis. My husband is currently in an associate pastor's position in a small country church in SW PA, where his father is senior pastor. I used to do the children's church, but a close friend is leading that now (when we have children attend :D that is).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • jcsmilez
  • General Chat
Replies