• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About My Sales Tax Increase

In summary, your sales tax may have increased due to changes in tax laws or rates in your area. To find out your new sales tax rate, check with your state's Department of Revenue or local government. Online purchases are also subject to sales tax and can be calculated by multiplying the purchase price by the new tax rate. Unfortunately, you cannot get a refund for the difference in sales tax if you made a purchase before the increase.
chefbecky
I looked at my statement today and instead of 20% it had 22%. Where do I find the information on why? I looked on the pc website but couldn't find it. I'm new and have total sales of just over $2000. I thought you had to have higher sales to have you % go up.

Thanks

You can go to CC and type in commission and it will come up with something. i think at $1500 it goes up to 22% from 20% and $2500 to 23% or something.

If I'm reading correctly, the percentage is based on your monthly sales and scales up from 20% to 25% based on that, not on career sales.

Commission % Commissionable Sales Total** Commission %
$4,000 and over 25%
$2,500 – 3,999.99 24%
$1,250 – 2,499.99 23%
$750 – 1,249.99 22%
$1 – 749.99 20%
*When you reach $15,000 in career sales, all commission rates are increased by 2%.
**Commission on fund-raisers is 15% (or 17%) after $15,000 in career sales.

Isn't it fun to open your commission statement and find out you made more than you thought???

cmdtrgd said:
Commission % Commissionable Sales Total** Commission %
$4,000 and over 25%
$2,500 – 3,999.99 24%
$1,250 – 2,499.99 23%
$750 – 1,249.99 22%
$1 – 749.99 20%
*When you reach $15,000 in career sales, all commission rates are increased by 2%.
**Commission on fund-raisers is 15% (or 17%) after $15,000 in career sales.
Thanks, I read it wrong when I signed. I only read the bottom part (I guess):)

the chart that Kate posted is in the front of your planner too.

1. Why did my sales tax increase?

Your sales tax may have increased due to changes in state or local tax laws, or changes in the tax rate for your specific area. It is important to stay informed about any updates or changes to sales tax rates in your area.

2. How can I find out what my new sales tax rate is?

You can find out your new sales tax rate by checking with your state's Department of Revenue or by contacting your local government. You can also check your sales receipts or invoices to see the updated tax rate.

3. Will my online purchases be affected by the sales tax increase?

Yes, online purchases are subject to sales tax just like in-store purchases. The sales tax rate for online purchases will depend on the location of the seller and the location where the item is being shipped to.

4. How can I calculate the new sales tax amount for my purchases?

You can calculate the new sales tax amount by multiplying the purchase price by the new tax rate. For example, if the purchase price is $100 and the new tax rate is 8%, the sales tax amount would be $8 ($100 x 0.08 = $8).

5. Can I get a refund for the difference in sales tax if I recently made a purchase before the increase?

Unfortunately, you cannot get a refund for the difference in sales tax if you made a purchase before the increase. Once the sales tax rate is changed, all purchases made after the effective date will be subject to the new rate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Barry Carlton
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Fluffy215