• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Complain Here! We've Got Cheese & Caring Ears!

In summary, Boss gotcha down? Spouse did something stupid? Wanna complain to someone who at least pretends to care?
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Boss gotcha down? Spouse did something stupid? Wanna complain to someone who at least pretends to care?

This is the place to do it. We might even be able to find some cheese to go with your whine.

I've got something!!!!Everything is coming to a head so to speak (and its somewhat my fault)1.we close on our house June 1st!!! (yay!!!) BUT i haven't started packing yet, and we have to find another 2500.00 to bring to closing (yikes) 2.since the approval process took so long do to my rare issue (don't worry i'm getting to that) we have to pay for the month of june in our apartments even though we won't be living there (1450.00 is an expensive storage unit)3.Finally am getting the paperwork finalized to be the administrator to my late ex-husbands estate so am going on the weekends to take pictures and inventory all of his belongings so we can start getting them sold. (reason i haven't started packing yet)4.His house goes on the market June 1st as well...HOPEFULLY it will sell ASAP because he only has enough money in his account for 2 more mortgage payments...(the mortgage is still in my name too, but i signed the quick claim deed before he died because he was suppose to refinance, but passed before it was finished) if it goes into default, it will hurt my credit, SO...if it doesn't sell within 2 months, i'll have to make those mortgage payments as well as my own.5.we are moving to a new school district and my oldest son who will be going into 4th grade has finally made friends and doesn't want to go to another school in the fall...(breaking my heart) because he doesn't enjoy a lot of things outside of legos, and he's had a lot of issues since his dad passed in february...so i feel i'm ripping one of the few things he has finally started liking away from him...is that enough for now??? cos i could REALLY keep going

Mine's not nearly as bad as chellb1234's but I've had a rough few months. My youngest, he'll be 2 in June, got really sick in January and had ear infections constantly from the end of January through March 15th when we had his adenoids removed and a new pair of tubes placed. He would randomly throw up too and we always chalked it up to the fever he was running with the ear infections but the throwing up continued after his surgery. In April one of the partners in his pediatricians group did some tests and diagnosed him with H. Pylori. They started treatment immediately based on a blood test and sent us to a GI. We got to the GI on the 24th and she was livid that they began treatment based on a blood test instead of doing some extra tests (apparently the BT isn't reliable) & were told it's extremely rare for a child as young as him to have it without someone else in the household have it. So, we have to finish out his antibiotic treatment (which we finished a week from yesterday) then we have to wait 4 weeks and have more blood tests done as well as a urinalysis (his BUN/Creatinine ratio was 2.5 times what it should be). I'm extremely frustrated that he has gone on throwing up this long without an explanation but more frustrated that the pediatricians group didn't do thorough testing and started treatment prematurely because if it shows up that he does have h. pylori in his system again the people in my house as well as several other family members also have to be tested which will be tons of fun. They're also testing his thyroid, kidneys (his kidney function was off), and they're testing him for Celiac Disease since it's on my side of the family. I just want my baby healthy!Then my computer completely crashed this week, I was able to get my back up on P3 but I lost everything else. All of my documents & pictures are gone!

{{{{HUGS}}}} to all...let's just say most all of us can relate. I am even sick of whining about it all...give me a day or so, however!!;)

Ashley- my youngest had something with the throwing up too- when he was 3-ish. For 6 months, it was like clockwork- every 3 weeks, he'd get a fever, and throw up for a day. Then after 2-3 days, he'd be fine. EVERY 3 weeks. Then that summer, we all had strep and they kids basically had the Strep infection in their FINGERNAILS (weird)....so we were all on some pretty strong antibiotics. The throwing up stopped after that!! I had asked the doctor then about it, and he said it was definitely not normal, bring him in if he continues after these ABs. So I never found out what it was, but hopefully, the ABs your little one is on- maybe they will do the trick with whatever bug ails him.I was whining yesterday. But having a good day today! I'm blessed more than I deserve.

My business has been just a couple catalog shows for each month for about a year now. I had surgery on my jaw joints Aug 2011. Then found out I would have to have jaw joint replacement!!! I had to go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN in March for them to remove Both jaw joints! It is incredibly painful because only the muscles in my jaw area work to open and close my mouth. Plus I sound very silly when I talk...haha. I go back June 18th for them to put custom made artificial joints in.
On top of everything, I have rheumatoid arthritis and have not been able to take any of those medications since February. They would inhibit healing. And can't take any until after I heal for this next surgery. So the RA symptoms are really bad as the disease is out of control!
Ok...enough whining!! Thanks for letting me vent a little! It's a little rough being me right now!

esavvymom said:
Ashley- my youngest had something with the throwing up too- when he was 3-ish. For 6 months, it was like clockwork- every 3 weeks, he'd get a fever, and throw up for a day. Then after 2-3 days, he'd be fine. EVERY 3 weeks. Then that summer, we all had strep and they kids basically had the Strep infection in their FINGERNAILS (weird)....so we were all on some pretty strong antibiotics. The throwing up stopped after that!! I had asked the doctor then about it, and he said it was definitely not normal, bring him in if he continues after these ABs. So I never found out what it was, but hopefully, the ABs your little one is on- maybe they will do the trick with whatever bug ails him.

I was whining yesterday. But having a good day today! I'm blessed more than I deserve.

So strange! The pediatric Gastroenterologist discovered that he was extremely "backed up" and that is what is causing all of the vomitting. Her first concern was obviously getting his bowels clear but the most important thing is figuring out WHY he's so backed up to begin with. Through the bloodwork they also found out he's anemic on top of his kidneys not functioning correctly. The kid isn't even 2 yet, he had his first ear infection at 7 months and it lasted 3.5 weeks. When it was clear we had tubes put in. They stopped working 4-5 months after they were put in and he had an ear infection every single month from July of 11 to March of this year except for November. He was constantly running a fever and just plain miserable. Thankfully we switched ENT's and the second one found his adenoids to be the issue as well as the tubes, they had clogged up & one was actually adhered to his ear drum which obviously didn't allow them to drain. A month before his surgery is when the vomitting started & has continued since then.

Poor dude doesn't get a break. My husband laughs when I say I haven't had a decent nights sleep since January but I seriously haven't. I'm exhausted in every way possible and I don't even think I know which way is up anymore.

AshleyAllison said:
So strange! The pediatric Gastroenterologist discovered that he was extremely "backed up" and that is what is causing all of the vomitting. Her first concern was obviously getting his bowels clear but the most important thing is figuring out WHY he's so backed up to begin with. Through the bloodwork they also found out he's anemic on top of his kidneys not functioning correctly. The kid isn't even 2 yet, he had his first ear infection at 7 months and it lasted 3.5 weeks. When it was clear we had tubes put in. They stopped working 4-5 months after they were put in and he had an ear infection every single month from July of 11 to March of this year except for November. He was constantly running a fever and just plain miserable. Thankfully we switched ENT's and the second one found his adenoids to be the issue as well as the tubes, they had clogged up & one was actually adhered to his ear drum which obviously didn't allow them to drain. A month before his surgery is when the vomitting started & has continued since then.

Poor dude doesn't get a break. My husband laughs when I say I haven't had a decent nights sleep since January but I seriously haven't. I'm exhausted in every way possible and I don't even think I know which way is up anymore.

I sure hope they are able to find out what's wrong soon!! for your sweet little boy and for you!!!

Ok. now I have a "whine". NOTHING Like the other two though....I am trying to find a "pig cooker" to rent for our Cub Scout Campout. they make cooking for 150 people so much easier....especially if we are "roughing it" with a tent-kitchen-city, etc. We can cook on it, but also keep lots of food WARM on it while cooking it.
Anyway- thought I had a place, but when I asked if the trailer had a spare tire- "just in case!", they asked where we were going. We're going about 1.5 hrs from here. Yeah- we can't use their grill because the trailers aren't big enough for long-haul driving. UGGH. So we either change the menu (BBQ chicken was the main dinner) and make due, or pay an extra $200 for another place who uses real TRAILERs for their cookers. Ok..that's my complaint for the day.Oh- and I just called my hosts to close a show and found out that one lady who was wanting to order more Simple Additions plates- was looking for the DOTS. Oops. She broke some others and wanted replacements.

AshleyAllison said:
So strange! The pediatric Gastroenterologist discovered that he was extremely "backed up" and that is what is causing all of the vomiting. Her first concern was obviously getting his bowels clear but the most important thing is figuring out WHY he's so backed up to begin with. Through the bloodwork they also found out he's anemic on top of his kidneys not functioning correctly. The kid isn't even 2 yet, he had his first ear infection at 7 months and it lasted 3.5 weeks. When it was clear we had tubes put in. They stopped working 4-5 months after they were put in and he had an ear infection every single month from July of 11 to March of this year except for November. He was constantly running a fever and just plain miserable. Thankfully we switched ENT's and the second one found his adenoids to be the issue as well as the tubes, they had clogged up & one was actually adhered to his ear drum which obviously didn't allow them to drain. A month before his surgery is when the vomiting started & has continued since then.

Both of my kids struggle with constipation from time to time. Our doc. has them on a regular adult dose of mirlax. We mix it in their milk, but it recommends oj. You have to keep them on it several days, even after they start going. It just softens it so they can go and doesn't cause stomach pain. It's very painful to be backed up and can cause the vomiting. The food doesn't have anywhere else to go but back up. We've had x-rays done before to diagnose.

Hugs---we've been dealing with tons of medical issues with our 9 yr. old. Maybe we'll both get a good nights sleep tonight.

flemings99 said:
Both of my kids struggle with constipation from time to time. Our doc. has them on a regular adult dose of mirlax. We mix it in their milk, but it recommends oj. You have to keep them on it several days, even after they start going. It just softens it so they can go and doesn't cause stomach pain. It's very painful to be backed up and can cause the vomiting. The food doesn't have anywhere else to go but back up. We've had x-rays done before to diagnose.

Hugs---we've been dealing with tons of medical issues with our 9 yr. old. Maybe we'll both get a good nights sleep tonight.

I can give you a whole-wheat bread recipe that might help take care of that! (Seriously!) My friend's kids had the same problems when he was younger. She had to give him stuff to help him go to the bathroom. I gave her my recipe, and made a few loaves. It works like a charm for ANYONE who needs a little help (I grind my own wheat- so it's WHOLE grain and full of fiber and I add Flax & oatmeal to it, plus tastes really good, especially with honey or jam).

Who'da thunk that a parody thread would get this popular, not to mention, a help your neighbor kinda thing.

esavvymom said:
I can give you a whole-wheat bread recipe that might help take care of that! (Seriously!) My friend's kids had the same problems when he was younger. She had to give him stuff to help him go to the bathroom. I gave her my recipe, and made a few loaves. It works like a charm for ANYONE who needs a little help (I grind my own wheat- so it's WHOLE grain and full of fiber and I add Flax & oatmeal to it, plus tastes really good, especially with honey or jam).

I would like the recipe please :)

[email protected]

thanks!!!!

Yes please share the recipe! How do you grind your wheat?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Who'da thunk that a parody thread would get this popular, not to mention, a help your neighbor kinda thing.

Thanks though!
I never unload my problems to other people because i know everyone else has their own issues i would NEVER want to go through too...

plus...feels like a pitty party (oh woe is me and all that)

but everyone has problems and no matter big or small, they all effect our lives. Not one persons problem is worse than any others, who would want to brag about that anyway??? :)

It was nice to unload a fraction of it though, so again, I thank you for the post

esavvymom said:
Ok. now I have a "whine". NOTHING Like the other two though....

I am trying to find a "pig cooker" to rent for our Cub Scout Campout. they make cooking for 150 people so much easier....especially if we are "roughing it" with a tent-kitchen-city, etc. We can cook on it, but also keep lots of food WARM on it while cooking it.
Anyway- thought I had a place, but when I asked if the trailer had a spare tire- "just in case!", they asked where we were going. We're going about 1.5 hrs from here. Yeah- we can't use their grill because the trailers aren't big enough for long-haul driving. UGGH. So we either change the menu (BBQ chicken was the main dinner) and make due, or pay an extra $200 for another place who uses real TRAILERs for their cookers.

Ok..that's my complaint for the day.

Oh- and I just called my hosts to close a show and found out that one lady who was wanting to order more Simple Additions plates- was looking for the DOTS. Oops. She broke some others and wanted replacements.

Have you looked into renting a small flatbed trailer, or does a Dad have one? you could then tie the pig roaster thingy majig to it and pull the trailer w/pig griller behind. My guess is SOMEONE has a trailer that would work.

My feet hurt!

AshleyAllison I would make sure your child is tested for Hirschsprungs disease this sounds eerily similar to what we went through with my daughter Molly. Took us getting the right doctor and lots of pain and a surgery later for Molly to be much better. She still have to be evaluated and she also had kidney disease so I know all about her BUN and other levels being messed up, PLEASE be your child's best advocate and stay on top of this and don't stop!! It's not normal.
Keeping you in thoughts and prayers!

Somedays I don't know which side is up, but am thankful for all I have, even the craziness!

Whine for the day. One of my employees' Mom passed aways suddenly today of a massive heart attack today. I am not sure but I think her Mom was in her 50's. She was working when we were told and tried to get people shifted around and get her husband to her work to tell her. But she found out before all that could happen. Luckily, I was able to get to her fairly soon and tried to comfort her. My heart broke for her.

All I can say is...if you are able to, call your Mom today and tell her how much you love her. Or if not your Mom, someone who is so close to you that if they were suddenly taken home tomorrow you would be as devistated as this young woman was.

I talked to my mother on the phone one Sunday afternoon. We ended the conversation the way we always did, by saying, "Well, you can't take life too seriously, because you'll never get out of it alive anyway."I found her body the next day in her condo. She had a massive heart attack and never knew what hit her. I still smile when I think of her and my last words that I spoke to her! It was the way she lived her life and the way I live mine!Live each day like it's your last - it might just be!

Ann, I can feel for that girl, 'cause it'll be 11 years ago in August that my mom, my best friend just dropped dead of a massive heart attack with no warning signs, so I can total feel your coworkers heartache. I'll be lifting her and her family in prayer. My heart breaks for her.

My turn to whine....I just had a show bounce because someone wrote me a bad cheuque!!! So now I have to recover the $$ plus have a $42 bank charge. Thankfully I have all of her product as she wanted it shipped to my place....I'm holding it hostage until I can collect payment - in cash!

My whine for the day.... My full time job is becoming more and more tedious. My Christmas present from the university was to split me between two departments because apparently I don't have enough work to do, or they think I'm that great that I can handle two full time positions. I'm going with the 2nd option for my own personal ego boost, but I know derned well that it's the 1st one!Anyway, I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger! Now they have roofers on this massive building and they are about to kill me with their dropping supplies on the roof above my head. I get random BOOM! BOOM! and my heart feels like it's going to leap out of my chest and then I get to see little flakes of whatever fall from my ceiling to my desk. Then, precisely at 1pm, they start gluing the protective covering and I get to ingest the toxic fumes. Instant migraine.So, there you have it... Where's my cheese?!?

902canadiangirl said:
My turn to whine....I just had a show bounce because someone wrote me a bad cheuque!!! So now I have to recover the $$ plus have a $42 bank charge. Thankfully I have all of her product as she wanted it shipped to my place....I'm holding it hostage until I can collect payment - in cash!

In this day and age, why does anyone even write a paper check anymore? (Unless they know they are writing a bad check.) doesn't everyone use a debit or credit card these days? It's easy for me to say, but I don't think I will take a paper check anymore.

I write checks all the time. I'm one of "those" in those VISA commercials that mess up the cogs in the spinning wheel and stop production. I find it easier to keep track of my expenses (especially tax deductible expenses) in my check register.

I get mostly checks at shows. I think people (including myself) are sometimes nervous about who they give their debit/credit card numbers too. I don't know what she's going to do with that paper later and how secure she keeps my information. Everything someone needs to shop online is typically taken when you give it.yes- I know, same thing is true in the retail "brick and mortar" world...but that's why I don't hand someone my primary debit card (I have a secondary with smaller amounts of money funneled in as needed) to give to places like restaurants..where they take my card AWAY from me and my sight.When the trend moves towards those check-deposit apps...I may switch to just CASH. :D

My whine is that almost 75 days ago, I found $300 laying on the floor while working at the local grocery store. I turned it in immediately, and figured there would be a waiting period if it went unclaimed. (Nobody came back to claim it). Well, I kept getting a run from my supervisor about it. (and this started AFTER the 30 day period) (I was told I the waiting period was 30 days, then I was told the cash office manager, the store manager, and myself had to sign off on it, then I was told it had to be reported to the loss prevention department, and then I was told it had to be turned over to the police department; a week or so later, it still had not been turned over to the police, and now 10 days after that, when I was having a casual conversation with the cash office manager, asking if it had been sent to the PD yet, she said, "Oh, they haven't told you yet? They took it and put it to one of the charitable causes. I (the cash mgr) asked if they had spoken to you (me) about it and they said no.".

Really? How about confirming that policy within the first few days that it was found, and getting back to me, instead of giving me the run around!!!!! If it was going to be turned over to charity, how about letting me choose the charity! (If it had been turned over to the police, they would have held it for 30 days, and then it would be mine).

Okay, now to get off my soap box so that I can make calls to build my business, so that I don't have to work for any more crumby (I have meaner words to insert there) employers! Thanks for the opportunity to vent, lol!

No good deed goes unpunished.

My turn to whine a bit.The Kat Lady blew up the engine in her mini-van. She's never been really happy about driving a "mom taxi" since she has no litter to haul around anymore. In fact, if anyone around here needs a vehicle to haul cra…er…stuff around, it's me.So we bought an SUV that wears a bow tie. The Kat Lady is getting my Buick and I'm getting the SUV. I admit, I need a truck for work, it's just that I've always been associated with the blue oval, and for me to drive a bow tie is like Rush Limbaugh voting for Barack Obama. When it comes to used cars, though, one has to jump at the right opportunity, regardless of the vehicles color, creed, or heritage.So, I now drive [shudder] a Bow Tie.[/shudder] On Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) I'm going to the blue oval dealer to purchase a self-adhesive logo to put on the tailgate. It might not look like one of Henry's cars, but at least I'll be able to pretend that it is.

Here is my whine for the day....

I just returned from a trip to Ohio, where my parents had picked up 4 gallons of pure maple syrup for me from the local Amish. We typically re-can it into smaller pint/quart jars, and it will last me through the year. I like to heat it up before putting into jars- to just boiling, etc. Make sure it's clean and such before canning. Well, I put 2 gallons into my 12-qt stockpot, and put it on the stove. It spent the better part of an hour or more heating up. Was still about 30-40 degrees from boiling point. I walked away for about 3-4 minutes to click a button on my computer to finish an update on my software.

When I returned, I saw it was boiling- OVER!! It was silently boiling away and had spilled all over my hard-wood floors, counter, front of cabinets, and it's a cook-top- so it dripped into the cabinet underneath too. OMG!! :eek: WHAT A MESS!! Turns out- I lost almost a full gallon of syrup! I was freaking out to get it cleaned up before it seeped into the cracks in the wood floor. Fortunately, I don't htink much, if any did. A little got behind the molding and down to the subfloor that way- but very little from what I can tell (we pulled the molding off to clean).

I needed to clean out that cabinet and mop my floors, but seriously people. Much easier ways to do this! ;)

A watched pot never boils, but an unwatched pot, well, that's a sticky situation!

This is SO not my week. :D
I work on the 12-qts of strawberries I got yesterday afternoon from the produce delivery lady (who came while I was cleaning up my syrup slip-n-slide). I had to throw away 8 full qts because they were disgustingly rotten.
Then I got out to the garage to take out the said-garbage, and the freezer alarm is blaring and my DS and young neighbor boy are trying to figure out what is going on and who touched what :D. Turns out- my FREEZER is either dying, or someone opened the door and won't confess to it. Stuff is partially thawed (fruit mostly). I'm concerned though, since the door won't "seal" itself...it's still very loose. So I'm going out to load up a cooler for the meat that is in there and hope it comes back alive.*sigh*. Simple things, but annoying. I'm still blessed more than I deserve, right? ;)

well, bad luck is supposed to run in threes right? Syrup, berries, freezer. You should be done.:D

Brenda.the.chef said:
well, bad luck is supposed to run in threes right? Syrup, berries, freezer. You should be done.:D

That's what my mom said. LOL
My email was on the fritz too- but thankfully a database rebuild fixed it without any loss....so that can't count I guess- but the panic was setting in.

unless you're onto a second set of threes.... I hope not!

Brenda.the.chef said:
unless you're onto a second set of threes.... I hope not!
Funny you mention that. I just freaking scalded my hand with steam!!!!! Appears to be just first degree, but dang it hurts. I have it in water as i type. :)
I used a steam canner to finish my syrup.....i lifted the lid too soon I guess, it hadnt cooled enough.I am going back to bed!!! But if this is my second set of threes.....that means I have one more. Oh, Great, weather forecast today says bad storms are coming our way.....need I say more? I am staying home! ( son's hockey playoffs start tonight)This whine thread really helps! Thanks for letting me do so! ;)

Some days, it just doesn't pay to chew through the straps.

1. What is "Complain Here!" and what does it offer?

"Complain Here!" is a service offered by Pampered Chef where you can come and vent about any issues or problems you may be facing. We provide a listening ear and even offer cheese to go with your whine, to hopefully make the complaining process a little more enjoyable.

2. Is there a fee for using "Complain Here!"?

No, there is no fee for using our service. We believe in providing a safe and comfortable space for people to express their frustrations without any added stress or financial burden.

3. How can I access "Complain Here!"?

You can access "Complain Here!" by visiting our website or by contacting one of our representatives. We also have a physical location where you can come and complain in person if you prefer.

4. Is there a limit to how much I can complain?

We understand that sometimes we just need to let it all out, so there is no limit to how much you can complain. However, we do kindly ask that you refrain from using any offensive language or personal attacks towards others.

5. Will my complaints be kept confidential?

Yes, we take confidentiality very seriously and your complaints will be kept confidential. We want you to feel comfortable and safe sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShellBeach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • blestmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
micocina
  • janetupnorth