• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy/Fun Bridal Shower From Saturday

" The bride's mom crying when she found out her makeup was ruined from the proposal. The bride's uncle coming up to me wanting to purchase a cookware set without signing anything.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Just had to share how this went! Let me just start off by saying I knew what I was getting into long before Saturday! I knew I wasn't going to get much of a show in, I knew that there was going to be ALOT of drinking but this is an awesome crowd and a ton of fun. The great part was last February the bride had a show for me in which the boyfriend had proposed literally an hour before I got there (especially her mom who was mad that her makeup was ruined from crying!)! It was so cute that she got to tell all of her guests as they arrived and there was already talk of holding a bridal shower with me!

Fast forward to Saturday: I got there around 5 to start setting up. I knew I was going to do a normal show so I just set up a table with the wishlist and some of the products on the wishlist. We were planning on doing two recipes - the bride and groom would be blindfolded with someone helping them finish the recipe. We also made Slap Yo' Mamma Margaritas (by the way if you triple the recipe it just barely all fits in the large quick-stir pitcher and uses the whole bottle of tequila :eek:). Around 5:20, the mom of the bride started doing Jell-O shots with her friends that were throwing the party. The stepdad of the bride also pulled out a bottle that they were calling Skittles Tequila which I found out was Tequila infused with red Skittles! During this time I'm trying to get set up, get the recipes ready to go (we picked Seven Layer Salad Squares and Chocolate Chip Sensation). They kept asking me if I wanted something to drink which I declined (they don't want to get their PC consultant wasted - that would be VERY bad!).

The show was set to start at 6 but didn't actually start until about 6:40. My part of the party was literally less than 5 minutes. I knew I wasn't going to hold their attention for very long (it was a couple's party and there were about 15 total couples there!). I basically told them how to order for themselves and the couple and that we were going to do a the recipes.

We gave the groom the salad squares and the bride the chocolate chip sensation. Each picked a person to tell them how to assemble the recipe. It was so hilarious! The groom ended up spreading the cream cheese/mayo mixture on with his hands. Some how got the onion food chopped pretty good. The bride on the other hand went a little bad. She went to go dump the pudding mixture on and literally spilled the whole pint of half and half all over the cookie and on the floor (luckily not much landed on her). The gal who bought the ingredients bought cook top pudding, not instant! I felt so bad! We basically stopped the bride right there and cleaned up the mess. We managed to salvage it with some white chocolate pudding the mom happened to have on hand.

After that I took the orders. It was a little bit interesting. Most people were only purchasing $30 or less for the bride. 8 couples went in on all the bamboo items the bride had picked but when divided by 8 with tax and shipping it was only $25 per person. The bride's gma only ordered the grill basket for the bride but over $150 for herself!. I'm not complaining but I felt a little bad for the couple. The kicker was the bride's uncle came up to me with a catalog and said "I want to purchase this set (pointing to the 7 piece stainless cookware set) for my wife. How do I do that without signing or filling anything out so she doesn't know?" I told him to hand over his card and I would take care of it! That was a $500 sales right there!

By the end, I was out of there earlier than I expected (9:30). The party was at $1165! The bride and groom were excited, I was exhausted (did another party that morning), and everyone else was TRASHED!! I left so they could continue to party. It was a very fun but very crazy night!

And another friend just got engaged... they are already planning another shower for next year!

Three other funny things:

More than once after I got there was I asked "Are you sure you know what you are getting into?" and "Are you a little scared?" Luckily, yes I did know what I was getting into! I did tell someone that I know quite a few other consultants who would have been mortified!

The bride's stepdad gave the groom an apron of his own - a cartonish naked man's body! Including a stuff "apendege" hanging off the front! The groom thought it was funny to rub himself against people all night!

After we got done making the margaritas, the first person to stand up and announce that she was first in the line was the bride's gma! She was very excited to get her hands on one! Could never see my gma acting like that!!

Sounds like everyone had fun, which of course is the important part :D

Congrats on a fab show!

wadesgirl said:
After we got done making the margaritas, the first person to stand up and announce that she was first in the line was the bride's gma! She was very excited to get her hands on one! Could never see my gma acting like that!!

When my Grandma came here for our wedding, I learned that she can hold her liquor better than anyone else :eek:

That is awesome!!!! Sounds like my kind of show!!

Sounds like a blast and a lot of fun to me. :)

That was the thing, I had a ton of fun!! They had a ton of fun!! And the couple is going to get a ton of stuff!

Ok, I cannot picture my mother doing jello shots - EVER. She might be willing to try the margaritas, though she wouldn't jump up and say 'me first.' I'm glad you and everyone had so much fun, and congrats on the great show.

pampchefsarah said:
Ok, I cannot picture my mother doing jello shots - EVER. She might be willing to try the margaritas, though she wouldn't jump up and say 'me first.'

I'm glad you and everyone had so much fun, and congrats on the great show.

The mom was mad because she missed out on the skittles tequila!

That was a good story. What a fun group. It looks like no matter what happens you can't go wrong. They would never notice anyway!!

What types of products were featured at the bridal shower?

The bridal shower featured a variety of products from Pampered Chef, including kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware. There were also some fun and unique items such as personalized kitchen towels and aprons.

Was there a demonstration at the shower?

Yes, there was a live cooking demonstration where guests could learn how to use some of the Pampered Chef products. The bride-to-be also got to participate in the demonstration and try out some recipes.

Did guests have the opportunity to purchase products?

Yes, guests were able to purchase products directly from the Pampered Chef consultant at the bridal shower. There were also special discounts and promotions available exclusively for shower guests.

Were there any games or activities at the shower?

There were a few fun games and activities planned for the bridal shower, including a recipe exchange where guests could share their favorite recipes with the bride-to-be. There was also a "guess the utensil" game where guests had to identify different kitchen tools blindfolded.

What was the overall atmosphere of the shower?

The bridal shower was full of energy and excitement! There was lots of laughter and conversation as guests mingled and enjoyed the delicious food prepared with Pampered Chef products. It was a great time for the bride-to-be to connect with her friends and family before her big day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeckyC5830