• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Commission Question From a Newbie

In summary, commission is a percentage or fee earned by a salesperson for each sale or transaction they make. It works by rewarding their efforts and is typically calculated as a percentage of the total sale amount. It differs from base salary, which is a fixed amount of money received regardless of performance. Salespeople may also receive other forms of income such as bonuses and incentives.
Yakmama
I was under the impression that whatever the host buys is NOT commissionable- is that right?
When I entered my last show into Pampered Partner, it counted the host's order in the "commissionable sales."

So if I needed to get $1250 in commissionable sales for the month, then I just add up all of the "commissionable sales" totals that show at the top of Pampered Partner for each show... right?

Yakmama said:
So if I needed to get $1250 in commissionable sales for the month, then I just add up all of the "commissionable sales" totals that show at the top of Pampered Partner for each show... right?

That is what I understand.

The only part of the host's order that we get commission on is their discounted products (whatever level they earned...15-30%)

No commission on free, half price, or host bonuses.

Yep...about the commisionable sales for the month. You can run a report in P3 to get that info, too!

You can also look on the PC website under Consultant's Corner, "Individual Performance Tracker" and it will show you this year to date that you have sold. If you turned in any orders in October, you may have to add them together!

The report that Kelly referenced is the Monthly Sales Diary. In P3, go to Reports > Shows. You can pick the month that you want your stats for, and can select all shows (in case you have some that you haven't submitted yet) or just submitted ones.

If YOU are the host for a show and use the show discount it is not commissionable. Otherwise the amount the host actually spends when using her 15-30% discount (not counting 50% off items or 60% off items) is commissionable.

Related to Commission Question From a Newbie

What is commission?

Commission is a percentage or fee that is earned by a salesperson or agent for each sale or transaction they make.

How does commission work?

Commission works by rewarding a salesperson for their efforts in making a sale or completing a transaction. The percentage of commission is usually agreed upon beforehand and can vary depending on the industry and company.

What is the difference between base salary and commission?

Base salary is a fixed amount of money that an employee receives regardless of their performance, while commission is a variable amount that is earned based on their sales or performance.

How is commission calculated?

Commission is typically calculated as a percentage of the total sale or transaction amount. For example, if a salesperson earns 10% commission and makes a sale of $1000, their commission would be $100.

Is commission the only source of income for salespeople?

No, commission is not the only source of income for salespeople. They may also receive a base salary, bonuses, or other incentives depending on their company's compensation structure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rancherswife
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • JAE
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • krahema