• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Commission on Half Price Combos?

In summary, the consultant is disappointed to learn that there is no commission on the HP11 item ordered by her two hosts for $355. She also expresses curiosity about how other DS companies handle commission and host benefits. Other DS companies may have lower commission rates but may also require consultants to pay for host benefits. However, in this company, consultants do not have to pay for host benefits. The consultant also suggests that there should be an incentive for consultants to upsell half price items in order to increase guest sales and commission. The consultant also mentions that there are other DS companies where the host benefits come out of the consultant's commission. This is not the case in this company.
patty42240
I have 2 hosts who ordered the HP11 for $355. Do we get commission on this? It is not increasing my commisionable sales on P3. I will be really disappointed if the answer is no. Holiday weekend means HO is closed so I cannot call them.

The answer is no.The 1/2 price combos are thank-you gifts for the hostess for providing you with business. You do not get commission on those, or the monthly host specials.For more information, consult the Consultant Policy Guide.

Thanks Keith..I thought that was going to be the answer. Never had a host order the half price combo before. :)

No, we don't get commission on anything half price. However, unlike many DS companies we don't have to pay for host benefits.

raebates said:
No, we don't get commission on anything half price. However, unlike many DS companies we don't have to pay for host benefits.

just curious - can you explain how other DS companies work - as far as your statement goes (that we don't pay for host benefits)? I know one of the training things I read or watched (can't remember, too many! lol) said something about why commission was lower than other DS companies - and talked a lot about all of the better benefits we get - obviously this would be one, but could you explain (out of curiosity) exactly what you mean? thanks! what other things do other DS companies do that we don't have to? this is the ONLY DS company i've ever even considered doing, so I have no clue...again, just curious! :D

I keep seeing things about how "we don't pay for host benefits" and have NEVER seen another line do this. Partylite doesn't make its consultants pay for host benefits. Neither did my previous (jewelry) party line.

Only thing that comes close is that in some jewelry lines, they don't have specials, so consultants offer specials to increase sales, basically offering "discounts" by giving up some of their commissions.

I can sympathize and relate ... my June host got two half price combos, both sets of STAINLESS cookware. Her whole show was like $850 non-commissionable. Sure it was a $1,100 show on top of it, but it would have been nice to hit the $1,500 Sell A Thon level right off the bat.

In my Previous Product Line our non-commissionable sales still counted for things like trip points, incentives, etc. Food for thought ... would be an incentive for us to "upsell" those half price combos and such. Right now we have no incentive to encourage hosts to use them, even though the company (reasonably) makes money on them

Well, just a brief answer here, our incentive to upsale the half price items is to hopefully increase the guest sales. They say have a $220 show, encourage them to get to $300 to get even more free plus a 1/2 price item. Same goes for $400, $700 and $1,000 shows! Encouraging them makes more guest sales and a higher commission for you, and a happier customer!

I know of several DS companies in which the announced company host special comes out of the consultant's commission. Clearly that's not all other DS companies, but it's enough that it's a PC selling point.

What is the commission rate for half price combos?

The commission rate for half price combos is 20% of the discounted price.

How often are commissions paid for half price combos?

Commissions for half price combos are paid out monthly, on the 15th of each month.

Do I earn commission on the full price or discounted price of half price combos?

Commission is earned on the discounted price of half price combos.

What happens if a customer returns a half price combo?

If a customer returns a half price combo, the commission earned for that sale will be deducted from the next commission payment.

Is there a limit to the number of half price combos I can earn commission on?

There is no limit to the number of half price combos you can earn commission on. The more you sell, the more commission you can earn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KHolmes
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Kristianne