• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Commision Vs 1/2 off Item??? Which Choice Is Better?

In summary, commission and 1/2 off item are two different forms of compensation for sales. Commission is a percentage of total sales, while 1/2 off item is a discount on a specific product. The better option depends on personal preference and sales strategy. Commission is typically calculated as a percentage of total sales, outlined in a contract or compensation plan. In most cases, there is a choice between commission and 1/2 off item, but some companies may have specific guidelines. Factors such as sales goals, products being sold, and personal preference should be considered when deciding between the two options.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I have a host who isn't buying a 1/2 price item and said for me to order something. I need to order the family fry pan at $125... so I can get it 1/2 off OR I can order it at 25% off and then get 24% commission... it ends up about 3 dollars different... for points etc... which is the better choice?

I like the commission better as it isnt much of a difference anyways and I still earn a few $'s...

and for my lifetime income or whatever it's called... and for PC Points... does that make a difference depending on which way I do it?

It's up to you but keep in mind even though you earn the commission back, you then have to claim that as income. So it's not totally a even swap.

but you can also claim it as an expense, so you really make out in the deal if you take a loss for the year. And yes, you get the career sales, points, etc. if you do it under the hostess.

Related to Commision Vs 1/2 off Item??? Which Choice Is Better?

What is the difference between commission and 1/2 off item?

The main difference between commission and 1/2 off item is the way in which you are compensated for your sales. Commission is a percentage of the total sales you make, while 1/2 off item is a discount that you receive on a specific product.

Which option is better, commission or 1/2 off item?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and sales strategy. Some people may prefer the immediate reward of a 1/2 off item, while others may prefer the potential for higher earnings with commission. It is important to consider your sales goals and the products you are selling when making this decision.

How is commission calculated?

Commission is typically calculated as a percentage of the total sales you make. This percentage may vary depending on your sales level or the specific products you are selling. Your commission rate should be outlined in your contract or compensation plan.

Can I choose between commission and 1/2 off item?

In most cases, you will have the option to choose between commission and 1/2 off item as your form of compensation. However, some companies may have specific guidelines or requirements for which option you can choose. It is important to clarify this with your employer.

Are there any factors to consider when deciding between commission and 1/2 off item?

Yes, there are a few factors to consider when making this decision. These may include your sales goals, the products you are selling, and your personal preference. It is also important to consider the potential for earning more with commission versus the immediate savings with 1/2 off item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• deliciousdiva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SusanBP0129
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies