• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get 60% Off Cutlery - Limited Time Offer for Past Hosts!

In summary, a past host is ordering items at a 60% discount from a host who booked from her show. However, she did not get to see the host specials at the show and now wants to order all knives except one at the discounted price. The consultant has to inform her that the deal is no longer available and is looking for a way to make it work or offer the lowest possible price. The exact order includes 6 knives and a trivet, which would have cost $135.56 with the 60% discount. With the current offer of two knives at 60% and the rest at 20% off, the total comes to $206.26, a difference of $70.70. The consultant suggests offering
SillyChef
I have a past host that is ordering off of a host that booked from her show. She will be getting the TWO forged cutlery at 60% off. She didn't get to see the host specials at the show since she wasn't there, but def. wants to order ALL the knives except one. She had totalled everything up at a 60% discount and was SO excited when she called me earlier. I didn't get to answer so she left a message. Anyway. Now, I have to tell her that she isn't going to get that HUGE deal anymore. Is there anyway I can make it work? Or get the lowest amount possible? HELP!

This is her exact order:
3 1/2 Paring
3" Petite Paring
5" Utlity
5"Boning
7" Santoku
8" Chef's
2937 - Round up from the heart trivet

SillyChef said:
I have a past host that is ordering off of a host that booked from her show. She will be getting the TWO forged cutlery at 60% off. She didn't get to see the host specials at the show since she wasn't there, but def. wants to order ALL the knives except one. She had totalled everything up at a 60% discount and was SO excited when she called me earlier. I didn't get to answer so she left a message. Anyway. Now, I have to tell her that she isn't going to get that HUGE deal anymore. Is there anyway I can make it work? Or get the lowest amount possible? HELP!

This is her exact order:
3 1/2 Paring
3" Petite Paring
5" Utlity
5"Boning
7" Santoku
8" Chef's
You could give her your commission on the other 4 knives so it would be about 45% off. Just explain that she misunderstood and you are sorry but you can't match what PC is offering.

So pay the difference?

Well, she can only get the boning and petite paring knife if she does those as the host special at 60% off. Then the rest will be 20% off with the guest special. So it adds up like this:

3 1/2 Paring $23.20
3" Petite Paring $9.60
5" Utility $25.60
5"Boning $19.60
7" Santoku $56
8" Chef's $60
2937 - Round up from the heart trivet $12.00

So her subtotal would be $206. Maybe you could throw in the honing tool, or give it to her for half price? Just an idea. :)

No. Tell her you can't match it but you will give her your commission on her purchase. So: 20% off from PC and then your 25% from you (assuming you are earning 25% this month) as a consultant gift.

Make sure you put the boning knife and petite paring knife as the 2 at 60% off since that's the only way she can get those two knives.

As far as adding up the difference, let's see...

$30 on the Chef's Knife
$28 on the Santoku
$12.80 on the 5" Utility
$11.60 on the 3 1/2" Paring

So she's paying $82.40 more than she thought. Ouch.

I would probably explain the specials to her first and apologize for the misunderstanding, and only offer your commission if she seems upset. Maybe she will understand, and if not, then you have a back-up. :)

If she is a good customer and you have gotten business from her (at least two shows that I know of) you have made money through knowing her so it's not like you are giving everything away by giving her a discount.

AND she will be a very happy customer who will tell others that you helped her out when SHE made the mistake.

Your lesson: Be SURE all past hosts are totally aware of the host special offer. As far as this host is concerned: She knew she could only get one of the specials at her show and she should have read what her friends would get at their show for hosting. I'm sure you gave her that information. ...but I'd still give her a discount if it was me.

Well with all the knives at 60% off she was going to be paying:

This is her exact order:
3 1/2 Paring
3" Petite Paring
5" Utlity
5"Boning
7" Santoku
8" Chef's

= $135.56

With TWO at 60% and then 20% + 10% off of the others:

This is her exact order:
3 1/2 Paring
3" Petite Paring
5" Utlity
5"Boning
7" Santoku
8" Chef's

= $206.26

That is a difference of $70.70

SillyChef said:
Well with all the knives at 60% off she was going to be paying:

This is her exact order:
3 1/2 Paring
3" Petite Paring
5" Utlity
5"Boning
7" Santoku
8" Chef's

= $135.56

With TWO at 60% and then 20% + 10% off of the others:

This is her exact order:
3 1/2 Paring
3" Petite Paring
5" Utlity
5"Boning
7" Santoku
8" Chef's

= $206.26

That is a difference of $70.70
So if you show her that and then give her an additional discount from your commission on that order only she should be happy even if she is a little disappointed. I am not suggesting you give her the difference, you do understand that right?

Remember to say that you can't match what she thought PC was offering but you can get her to 50% or 55% off (20% sale price + 10% PHD + 20% or 25% from you).
She should understand that you can't let her misunderstanding COST you money (I know - not getting commission costs you money but it's not out of pocket if you know what I mean).

So instead of having to pay 206.26 she would only have to pay 165.01? Since i would use 20% off for my part.

What about asking her if she could collect a couple of orders from friends. Then she could get two as the past host and two as the host, and the others she can get on the current show. If you entered the past hosts order for the santoku and the chefs knives then she would only need to collect about $95 to qualify as a show.

okay that confused me.

ShanaSmith said:
What about asking her if she could collect a couple of orders from friends. Then she could get two as the past host and two as the host, and the others she can get on the current show. If you entered the past hosts order for the santoku and the chefs knives then she would only need to collect about $95 to qualify as a show.
That's a great idea except that her show would already be closed so she couldn't book a show off of it any more. But at least she could get 2 more of them at the 60% off price.

Do you have any orders coming in that you could add to her show to help?

BethCooks4U said:
Remember to say that you can't match what she thought PC was offering but you can get her to 50% or 55% off (20% sale price + 10% PHD + 20% or 25% from you).
She should understand that you can't let her misunderstanding COST you money (I know - not getting commission costs you money but it's not out of pocket if you know what I mean).
Aha! I knew I was missing something--the past host discount! I couldn't figure out where the 50-55% was coming from, but now I get it. Thanks!

BethCooks4U said:
That's a great idea except that her show would already be closed so she couldn't book a show off of it any more. But at least she could get 2 more of them at the 60% off price.

Do you have any orders coming in that you could add to her show to help?

No I only have this one out for this month. All of the others have been closed. Unless I can get some others to purchase knives and she can just get the host special for it?

Related to Get 60% Off Cutlery - Limited Time Offer for Past Hosts!

1. How long is the "Get 60% Off Cutlery" offer valid for?

The limited time offer for past hosts to get 60% off cutlery is valid for 2 weeks from the date of the email invitation. Make sure to take advantage of this deal before it expires!

2. Can I use this offer more than once?

No, this offer is only valid for one purchase per past host. However, you can still take advantage of our other deals and promotions as a valued customer.

3. Do I need a special code to get the discount?

Yes, the discount code is included in the email invitation that was sent to you. Simply enter the code at checkout to receive 60% off your cutlery purchase.

4. Can I use this offer for any cutlery set or just specific ones?

This offer is valid for select cutlery sets only. The eligible sets will be listed in the email invitation. Be sure to check the details before making your purchase.

5. What if I have trouble redeeming the offer?

If you encounter any issues while trying to redeem the offer, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. They will be happy to help you with any questions or concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KCPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies