• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Come On!!! Two Vents in One...

C
chelynn
Why why WHY do people sign my drawing slip (at a booth), mark that they are interested in having a show, actually book a date on my calendar, and then NOT LEAVE THEIR PHONE NUMBER.

How in the heck am I supposed to get in touch with this woman??? I sent her a postcard and an e-mail, with no response. I know I should have checked, but I just assumed that she would have given that to me. Dumb.

Vent #2: If you sign my drawing slip (again at a booth), and mark that you are interested in gift certificates, hosting a show, and the business opportunity, then AGAIN not leave your phone number, do NOT be upset that I send you an e-mail and mail you a recruiting packet! When I send you the second e-mail to see if you received the packet, DON'T TELL ME NOT TO SEND YOU ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT PC AND DON'T CONTACT YOU AGAIN!!!

What are they thinking?????????

Vent over.

Thanks! :)

Sometimes I think people mark those boxes thinking it will help their chances of winning whatever you are giving away. I bet #2 would have had a different response if you would have sent a message that said, hey, you won $25 gift certificate!

Crystal's right. People think that marking "yes" will increase their chances of winning. Maybe you should include a photocopy of the slip with the mailing. :)

(OK - I'm evil. I'll admit it. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin0007.gif )

LOL. yea I agree Crystal. If they would have one it would be different. But i agree.. why mark it if you dont want to hear it?? And then be rude?? Some People Chilren!!! GAH!

Yes, that's very true. I just wasn't expecting someone like that to pull the "don't contact me again" card. Frustrating!!

Plus I'm just having a bad day, LOL! Okay, not LOL. More like COL. Ack! I'm depressing myself! Must go find something positive...

I like the idea of sending them a copy of the drawing slip. I don't think it is evil, I think it is brilliant!

People have told me flat out that they always put "yes" or "maybe" because they don't think folks will give them their prize if they don't.

I also really love the ones who, when you call them, say "I put "yes", gosh, I don't remember doing that, I meant to check "no"." Yeah right.

bethsbiz said:
I like the idea of sending them a copy of the drawing slip. I don't think it is evil, I think it is brilliant!

People have told me flat out that they always put "yes" or "maybe" because they don't think folks will give them their prize if they don't.

I also really love the ones who, when you call them, say "I put "yes", gosh, I don't remember doing that, I meant to check "no"." Yeah right.
Yeah - like the 2 boxes are right next to each other!
Oops!

I started using the draw slips with yes 5 4 3 2 1 no--- so they can give me a mark along the range of how bad they want a show. If they mark 1 I have a much better idea how high I should get my hopes up when I go to call them. If they mark YES, I know they really mean it. 5's usually mean it too.
As for the phone number, do a directory search online with the last name cross referenced with the address. Honestly, they won't remember if they wrote their phone # anyhow.

JMHO

When I do booth's and fairs.... I let them know and I also have a sign in front of my drawing box that says... to be eligible for drawing ... this slip must be completely filled out.......I also agree with Ann send them a copy of their drawing slip with the information packet that your sending out.... sometimes they forget!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
When I do booth's and fairs.... I let them know and I also have a sign in front of my drawing box that says... to be eligible for drawing ... this slip must be completely filled out.......I also agree with Ann send them a copy of their drawing slip with the information packet that your sending out.... sometimes they forget!!!

that is what I am planning on doing at my Stop and Shop and at a Bazaar

chefheidi2003 said:
that is what I am planning on doing at my Stop and Shop and at a Bazaar

I found that a lot of people were just entering the drawing to win something for free......... :grumpy: which makes it really hard for us to get contacts!!!!

I Agree
mommyhugz1978 said:
I found that a lot of people were just entering the drawing to win something for free......... :grumpy: which makes it really hard for us to get contacts!!!!

Which is why the next drawing I do will be for those who book a show with me ONLY!! And even then the winner will be announced via email or phone and the gift will be awarded at their show!! As I am announcing winners on the phone or email I will kindly remind people of their signing up to do shows if they have not already booked a date at the vendor table.

That way there is no way I am going to be cheated or lose money!! I have had the same thing. People who only want the prize. If I ever do give away a prize for info or leads it will not be anything expensive (door prize gifts like SB, twixit clip, and citrus peeler in a small gift bag).

Debbie :D

mommyhugz1978 said:

Isn't that what people do? Enter a drawing to win something for free? That's what drawings are for - so I don't get upset too much about it anymore.....It's just human nature, so why waste all of my emotional energy being upset about it? It's not going to change them or the situation!;)

That's why I like to give Free Cooking Show as a prize. Then only the people who are remotely interested will enter. And I can give away more than one if I really need bookings. :)

chefann said:
That's why I like to give Free Cooking Show as a prize. Then only the people who are remotely interested will enter. And I can give away more than one if I really need bookings. :)

That's what I do too - and I give away several......:D

chefann said:

I tried this for the first time at a booth I had in July and pretty much booked each person that I contacted.

I have five more booths in the next three months and I am planning on offering the same. I loved the result's I got in July. My DH told me to offer everyone a free cooking show, it was worth it. :)

When I've worked a booth that offers a drawing, I take down the sign when I'm there. I want to talk to people and then I can qualify them. . .decide if I want to enter their name in the drawing. I have the drawing slips in my pocket and give them one if I feel like it.

I agree. I've heard the best thing to draw for is a free cooking show. If you want to attach that to a season's best, that's fine too!

--Jenny L

I've started giving away a gift certificate good only through me. The amount is $10, but it becomes $25 if they use it at their own show. I know. Brilliant. I got the idea from someone here.

chefjeanine said:
When I've worked a booth that offers a drawing, I take down the sign when I'm there. I want to talk to people and then I can qualify them. . .decide if I want to enter their name in the drawing. I have the drawing slips in my pocket and give them one if I feel like it.
I think this is a good idea. I think we should only work with people we are comfortable working with. After you talk to someone and you can sort of read them, you can decide if they are serious and will work hard for a show. It's just one more way to take control of your own business.

chelynn said:
Why why WHY do people sign my drawing slip (at a booth), mark that they are interested in having a show, actually book a date on my calendar, and then NOT LEAVE THEIR PHONE NUMBER.

Anytime I book a show with someone, even if they have written their info down, I always confirm it all with them so I know I have it right! You might want to start doing that.

Another way to stop the problem of incomplete drawing slips is to have the collection container behind you. If they have to hand their slip to you, you have the chance to check it before you put it in with the others. If there is information missing (phone number, address, no boxes checked, etc.), you can let them know that the slip must be complete in order for them to be eligible. You can then just hand it back for them to complete.

1. Why do people sign my drawing slip and show interest in booking a show, but not leave their phone number?

People may not leave their phone number for a variety of reasons. They may have forgotten to write it down, they may not feel comfortable giving out their number, or they may have provided an incorrect number accidentally. It's also possible that they may have changed their mind about booking a show after signing the slip.

2. How can I get in touch with someone who has not left their phone number after showing interest in booking a show?

If you have their name and email address, you can try reaching out to them via email. You can also try searching for their contact information online or reaching out to them through social media. If all else fails, you may have to accept that they are not interested in booking a show at this time.

3. Why do people sign my drawing slip and express interest in gift certificates, hosting a show, and the business opportunity, but not leave their phone number?

Similar to the first question, people may not leave their phone number for a variety of reasons. They may have forgotten, they may not want to be contacted, or they may have changed their mind about their level of interest. It's also possible that they may have provided their number on a different form or at a different time.

4. Why do people get upset when I send them an email or mail them a recruiting packet after they have shown interest in the business opportunity?

Some people may feel overwhelmed or bombarded by multiple forms of contact. They may also feel that their personal information was used without their permission. It's important to respect people's boundaries and only contact them in ways that they have explicitly consented to.

5. What are people thinking when they sign my drawing slip and show interest, but don't leave their phone number?

It's impossible to know for sure what people are thinking in each individual case. They may have simply forgotten to provide their number, or they may have changed their mind about their level of interest. It's important to not make assumptions and to always ask for contact information clearly and directly when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
annsfoodforall
  • Intrepid_Chef