• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Colleen's Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler - a Thanksgiving Hit!

In summary, Colleen shared a recipe for Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler which was a big hit at Thanksgiving dinner. The leftovers were taken to another family gathering and the recipe was requested by everyone. The recipe consists of cranberry sauce, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, apples, and refrigerated sugar cookie dough. It is easy to make and can be served with ice cream. It was also a hit as a breakfast dish. The recipe is not from a cookbook and is highly recommended by those who have tried it.
chefann
Gold Member
I just wanted to publicly thank Colleen for sharing the Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler recipe. That was the biggest hit at my Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Even DH, who DETESTS cranberries, liked it!

I've got about 1/3 of it left and I'm taking it to my Mom's house today. I know it will be gone and that everyone will want the recipe (nobody asked for the recipe yesterday, but the people in DH's immediate family don't cook).

Thanks, Colleen!!

Happy to help! :)

LOVE THAT RECIPE!!!!

How did the finger foods go?

post it again please......

The finger foods were a hit, although the kids just picked and I thought they'd be the most "into it."Linda, here's the recipe. YUM!!Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler
1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 Granny Smith apples
1 tube (18 ounce) refrigerated sugar cookie dough

Place cookie dough in the freezer for easier slicing. Heat oven to 400F. Combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix well to combine using Mix 'N Scraper. Peel, core and slice the apples using the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut the apples in half using the Utility Knife. Add to the Batter Bowl, tossing to mix. Spread evenly in the Rectangular Baker. Slice the cookie dough into 1/4-inch thick slices using the Crinkle Cutter. Arrange evenly over the cranberry mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the top is golden brown.I let it sit for a few minutes before serving so that it wouldn't burn anyone. It would also be fantastic served with a scoop of vanilla or French Vanilla ice cream. :)Edited to add:
Not enough left to take to Mom's. FYI- it's REALLY good for breakfast, too! :D

Last edited:
Was the recipe from one of our cookbooks? I'd like to make it for my open house on Sunday if it is. Sounds delish!

Thanks Ann, this sounds really yummy!

That is one of THE BEST RECIPES ever! Like you said, even people who claim to dislike cranberries love it! I need to do another "test" of this recipe since I haven't made it in a couple of years!!

What is the recipe for Colleen's Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler?

The recipe for Colleen's Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in their recipe book. It includes ingredients such as apples, cranberries, sugar, flour, oats, and butter.

Can I use a different type of fruit instead of apples and cranberries?

Yes, you can definitely use a different type of fruit in this cobbler recipe. Some alternative options include peaches, pears, or mixed berries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and spices accordingly.

Do I have to use a Pampered Chef baking dish for this cobbler?

No, you do not have to use a Pampered Chef baking dish. Any 9x13 inch baking dish will work for this recipe. However, using a Pampered Chef baking dish may result in better and more even cooking.

Can I make this cobbler ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare this cobbler ahead of time. You can assemble the cobbler and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out.

Can I substitute the oats with something else?

Yes, you can substitute the oats with crushed graham crackers or chopped nuts for a different texture and flavor. You can also leave them out altogether if desired, but keep in mind that it may affect the overall texture of the cobbler.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
Laura420
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies