• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Catalog Show Success with Expert Coaching | Shari's Tips"

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant looking for advice on how to help a host of a catalog show who is struggling to get orders. The host is in another state and is having trouble with guests only responding with "I don't need anything" or "it's too expensive" regarding shipping costs. The consultant is wondering if they should offer to pay the shipping costs for the host and is looking for tips to help the host have a successful show. The consultant ultimately decides to contact the host and offer encouragement and tips on how to increase sales, and shares a sample of what they typically send to hosts to help them have a successful show. The consultant also mentions having other catalog shows going on and trying to motivate them as well.
Chef Shari
I'm looking for the right words to help a host of a catalog show who just contacted me. She is in another state from me and says that everyone she is showing the catalog to or referring to my website replies with "I don't need anything" or "it's too expensive," regarding the direct shipping. My host said she doesn't have the extra $ to send things out on her own to the out of town guests.

Should I offer to pay the shipping costs for her? Do you think that would make a difference?

It's late and I can't think of something "good" to share with her to help her finish up her show. If she were not in another state, I would add some orders myself from friends/family where I live.

Thanks for your help!
Shari

Here's a sample of what I send (you can ignore the overseas rules):
[host name],

I sent you a message from my PC Web page, with the information on how to sign in as a host & do online invitations. If you don't see it, be sure to check your spam folder. I also did a facebook event & invited you to it as well.

Here are some tips on how to have a successful show:

• Advertise! If you market to 5 people, you'll have the results of marketing to 5 people. If you market to 40, you'll have the results of marketing to 40. What if you marketed to 100? Or MORE? Look at it like a wedding shower. If you broadcast that you are getting married on Facebook, you won't have the same attendance as if you send out personal invitations. So the online invitations on my web page really help. Each person gets a personal invitation and it really does help improve the guest sales. Facebook is a good follow up & to reach those who are not on your e-mail list.
  • Follow up! If they showed an interest in ordering make sure you let them know around the end of the month that the show will close on the 2nd & see if they still wanted to order. Life gets in the way, so many people who don't stop & order when they first hear about it will forget before we close the show. So the reminder can help boost those last minute sales.
  • Pampered Chef won't see their orders until we send the show in on Oct 3rd. So make sure you tell anyone who orders NOW, that their credit card will not be processed until early October when their order is submitted & processed by Pampered Chef.
  • A couple of rules for having a show on an overseas Military Base:
    • The military prohibits us from accepting mail from others unless we are their official sponsor with orders in hand. Therefore, we are not allowed to do "ship to host" ~ your guests will need to pay direct shipping rates & have their own stuff come to them. But you are not limited to sales on on your base. You can market to your friends/family anywhere in the US and on other US Military bases around the world.
    • We do not pay import taxes & are therefore prohibited from selling to the locals. It's considered "the black market" and is punishable by that country's Customs officials. I highly recommend you stick to this rule! ;)
  • Remember that your host benefits are based on your guest sales. The more you sell, the more you can earn for free & at a discount. I worked up a little graph to show my hosts how much they can get when hosting an online show & wanted to share it with you:

[I insert an excel spreadsheet here with the Catalog Host Benefits]

Our Hosts also get:

• Free shipping on your order from this show
  • Booking Benefit ~ If any of your friends are interested in hosting a show in the next 6 months, make sure one of you tell me! If I put them in as a booking off your show and if they end up hosting in the next 6 months, you can get something off their host flyer at 60% off when they close their show. :D
  • 10% off anything else you want for a full year from your show.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Sheila, thanks for passing this on. I'm going to contact her after church this morning and try to encourage her!

Thanks again for your advice, Sheila! I spoke with the host and her catalog show is almost at $300 after being concerned about even reaching $150. Every little bit helps. :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing! I have a few catalog shows going right now & I'm trying to motivate them as well!

Thank you Sheila, that is exactly what I needed!

1. What is a Coaching Catalog Host?

A Coaching Catalog Host is someone who helps promote and sell Pampered Chef products by hosting a virtual or in-person party and sharing the catalog with friends and family.

2. How do I become a Coaching Catalog Host?

To become a Coaching Catalog Host, you can sign up through a Pampered Chef consultant or through our website. It's a simple and free process that only takes a few minutes.

3. Do I need to have any experience or knowledge about Pampered Chef products to be a Coaching Catalog Host?

No previous experience or knowledge about Pampered Chef products is required to be a Coaching Catalog Host. Our consultants will provide you with all the necessary information and resources to host a successful party.

4. What are the benefits of being a Coaching Catalog Host?

As a Coaching Catalog Host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive discounts and promotions. You also have the opportunity to earn additional income through commission from sales made at your party.

5. Can I host a Coaching Catalog party online?

Yes, you can host a Coaching Catalog party online through our virtual party platform. This allows you to reach a wider audience and makes it easier for your guests to shop and place orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • kayleigh