• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cma's Faith Hill/Carrie Underwood

In summary, Faith Hill was upset when Carrie Underwood won the Female Vocalist award at the CMAs. She threw her hands up and said "What?" when she realized the camera was on her. When they called Carrie's name, Faith threw her hands up and said "Oh!", ducked her head and walked off.
jrstephens
Did any of you see Faith Hill's reaction when Carrie Underwood won Female Vocalist? I bet she will be careful from now on just in case the camera is on her. :D

What did she do????

She said she was just joking. Here's her response:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061107/ap_en_mu/cma_awards_faith_hill

What else was she supposed to say? "I think I'm better than Carrie Underwood and was robbed of something that should have been mine!" I don't think so! In my opinion, she showed poor taste and should have known better. Even though she says it was a joke, I'm certain that it put a damper on Carrie's moment!!

I don't think it was like that at all. I'm sure Carrie felt just fine - she beat out Faith Hill!

I just think that if it were me, that I'd be a little upset. To me it seemed that Faith was trying to still whatever limelight she could since she didn't win.

JMHO

Flamingo said:
What did she do????

Apparently she did not know the camera was on all nominees. She was back stage. When they called Carrie's name Faith threw her hands up and said What!? then when she realized the camera was on her she said Oh!, ducked her head and walked off.

I was surprised and disappointed at her because she has always been very graceful and nice as can be. I love her, not that I am liking her less now, it just showed be a different side of her. I figured she would say she was joking because that is really the only thing she can say. And she should not have been expecting it herself because, correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Martina won it for the last 3 or 4 years.

I hate it for Carrie too because won two awesome awards and this will definitely affect the way she feels having to deal with questions and all about it. Sure she beat out Faith but I am sure she would have been much happier with Faith acting happy for her like the rest of them clapped and smiled on cue like they should.

i thought it was so funny, i saw it on a website.. the way faith held up her arms then screamed.. made me laugh

But I would think she'd have to know a camera was on her. She's been to how many awards shows? The cameras always on the "losers" just for moments like that. I think she was playing it up.

supergirljennie said:
But I would think she'd have to know a camera was on her. She's been to how many awards shows? The cameras always on the "losers" just for moments like that. I think she was playing it up.

I agree. I think she knew.

It was quite funny though. :)

I don't know, I don't think she meant to do it. I have always loved Faith and was quite surprised and saddened by her reaction. I think her reaction was her honest reaction. Just my 2 cents.:rolleyes:

I think she knew and it looked like a joke. Like the PP's said, she has been to enough award shows to know that the camera is on her, plus she was backstage, so the camera guy had to be four feet from her. I saw the playback and I think it looks like a joke.

I had to go back and watch it again and it does look like she's acting but then again, why would she do that? She has to know the camera is on her. Was she just looking for more press? She had to know that she would be justifying herself today.

I just don't get it!;)

I read somewhere that she was being really goofy before and after the incident, so maybe she was wasted?? Also the thing said that she and Carrie talked afterwards and everything was fine. Carrie didn't care, just the rest of the world.

Well that's good to know. I haven't really looked up any more of it so I"m glad that they talked.

gilliandanielle said:
I think she knew and it looked like a joke. Like the PP's said, she has been to enough award shows to know that the camera is on her, plus she was backstage, so the camera guy had to be four feet from her. I saw the playback and I think it looks like a joke.

I agree...I watched it on youtube and it didn't look as though she was really mad.

I can't remember where I read it, but I think it was on the Yahoo headlines.

Thats kind of a strange joke for that point in time though don't you think? And knowing how the media is, if it was a joke it wasn't the smartest joke. Sounds kind of fishy to me.

I was surprised at first too....then on some show I was watching they were saying how it was a big joke. They showed footage of a few years ago, when her & Tim were up for the same award, & she acted even worse! It was all in fun, and supposedly Carrie said she was honored that Faith would tease her like that. Faith is really a goof in real life; I've seen some shows on her before. She seems very genuine.

You can understand her goofing around and joking with her husband, but not on national tv with a competitor. I would agree that she was joking if not the the "oh" and then turning her head and getting away from the camera. If she was really joking and being funny she should have stayed and kept on playing with the camera and not ran off in my opinion.

I agree with Jennifer! If it was "just a joke" then she would have or should have stuck around to make it look real!! Running off the screen and saying "Oh!" made it look like she'd just got caught with her hand in the cookie jar!

I have watched Faith for years and read alot of articles on her. There is no way she was serious. She is not and idiot! She knew the cameras were on her. And the reason she "ran off camera" was because it was not going to be on her anymore, all eyes were on the winner.

I watched this over and over on youtube. With all those cameras on her, you'd think ONE of them would have followed her and got more footage to prove one way or the other whether she was playing. Where are all the people that were backstage? Why hasn't someone come forward to support Faith? If she was serious, I'm stunned. Everything I have ever read about Faith Hill has been positive which is more than you can say about alot of celebrities. Carrie Underwood has an incredible voice. Congrats to her!

I think it proved a point...she is human just like the rest of us! I love Faith Hill and that won't change. Anyone would have been upset if they lost. I like Carrie Underwood too though.

I think she did it for the p.r....I mean, she didn't win, but look, everyone is talking about her. She makes me sick. Talk about a sore loser. I have really lost respect for her.

luvs2sellit said:
I have watched Faith for years and read alot of articles on her. There is no way she was serious. She is not and idiot! She knew the cameras were on her. And the reason she "ran off camera" was because it was not going to be on her anymore, all eyes were on the winner.

I agree with ya! I have always loved Faith, and this silly little thing won't change that. If you go to cmt.com, there's articles there with a statement from her. I think everyone is making a big deal about nothing! Some people just can't take a joke!

I too think it was clearly a joke---Regis has done that for years when they lose----but they tell us on his show that is what he is going to do---and probably what the others want to do:D

I am one of those that cannot take a joke then.:D

Related to Cma's Faith Hill/Carrie Underwood

1. Who is Cma's Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood?

Cma's Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood are two of the biggest female country music artists in the industry. Faith Hill rose to fame in the 1990s and has sold over 40 million albums worldwide. Carrie Underwood gained fame after winning American Idol in 2005 and has since become one of the most successful country artists of all time.

2. Which Cma's Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood songs are the most popular?

Cma's Faith Hill's most popular songs include "Breathe," "This Kiss," and "The Way You Love Me." Carrie Underwood's most popular songs include "Before He Cheats," "Jesus, Take the Wheel," and "Blown Away."

3. Have Cma's Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood ever collaborated on a song?

Yes, Cma's Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood collaborated on the song "Piece of My Heart" for Faith Hill's album "Fireflies" in 2005.

4. How many Cma Awards have Cma's Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood won?

Cma's Faith Hill has won three Cma Awards, including Female Vocalist of the Year in 2000 and 2001 and Vocal Event of the Year in 2006. Carrie Underwood has won seven Cma Awards, including Female Vocalist of the Year in 2006, 2007, and 2008 and Entertainer of the Year in 2009.

5. Are Cma's Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood currently touring?

Cma's Faith Hill is not currently touring, but Carrie Underwood is currently on her "Cry Pretty Tour 360," which runs from May 2019 to October 2019.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • feather18
  • General Chat