• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Will Be the Next American Idol?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the popular television show American Idol. The participants discussed their favorite and least favorite contestants, as well as the upcoming season with a new judge. They also shared their thoughts on the audition process and how it can be both entertaining and exploitative. The conversation ended with a discussion about the premiere date of the show, with some expressing excitement and others planning to record it. Overall, the participants had a mix of positive and negative opinions about American Idol and its impact on both the contestants and the audience.

which was your favorite idol?

• season one: kelly clarkson

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • season two: ruben studdard

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • season three: fantasia barrino

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • season four: carrie underwood

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • season five: taylor hicks

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • season six: jordin sparks

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • season seven: david cook

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • never watched it. never will.

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
thecougchef
january 13th...

although i hate the audition process, i cant wait to see what the new top 12 will bring to the stage! plus --- a new judge this year!

ps. carrie underwood will always be my favorite. we would sit in my sororities tv room and watch her every week & then wed all vote for her. i just LOVED when she sang heart's "alone."

How about who isn't your favorite...

Ruben, Fantasia, and Tylor!!!

rennea said:

ahem....Justin Guarini (blech! talk about a lounge lizzard :yuck: )

oops - I guess you were referring to winners who were our least favorite - sorry Rennea. Taylor would be my least favorite.

rennea said:

i agree! chris daughtry should have won season 5.

He was always my sisters favorite!!!
I am very excited, i now cannot wait till January every year for the new season.

pamperedlinda said:
ahem....Justin Guarini (blech! talk about a lounge lizzard :yuck: )

thecougchef said:
i agree! chris daughtry should have won season 5.

yes - but he is probably a bigger star by not winning. The Idol 'handlers' would have held him back too much.

The auditions are our favorite part - we get a huge laugh out of it.

When does it start up again? I always hate the auditions. Some are good, some are just annoying and over the top, KWIM?! I'll watch a few episodes, but through the DVR so I can fast forward the really annoying ones. But I love when it's at the top 20 and on. Fantasia was my least favorite. Taylor was okay, but I liked Katherine McPhee better between the 2. I liked Clay better than Ruben. I loved all the others.

I enjoy the auditions. I have the DVD- The best of the worst of American Idol, and will watch it every so often. The Auditions is a great bonding time for me and my daughters- we will sit on the phone with each other, and laugh!!!! I especially like it when the singer is absolutely horrible, and Simon's words catch them by surprise, as if it was the first time someone was honest with them.

I hate the auditions....and what just happened with Paula Abdul's stalker is exactly why I hate them.

People must be delusional or have some serious mental issues to put themselves in the position that those people put themselves in, and thinking that they are actually musically talented. They endure large-scale public humiliation, and I just can't watch that happen. It's sick to laugh at other peoples humiliation. To me, it's very painful, and I just hope those people can get help.

i wish the auditions were just one, maybe two, episodes. but it drags on for a whole month - or longer. by the time the auditions are over, i cant even remember which ones actually are going through to hollywood. i agree with becky, i cant imagine the humiliation.

The other thing that just drives me crazy are the back stories on some of them. SOme are really nice, others just don't make sense. I feel like sometimes they exploit some of them. The sheer amount of coverage they give to some of the people is so off balance, when others who get in to the top 30 haven't even been shown. It hurts some of them at times because people won't call in and vote for the ones they don't know much about. KWIM?

babywings76 said:
The other thing that just drives me crazy are the back stories on some of them. SOme are really nice, others just don't make sense. I feel like sometimes they exploit some of them. The sheer amount of coverage they give to some of the people is so off balance, when others who get in to the top 30 haven't even been shown. It hurts some of them at times because people won't call in and vote for the ones they don't know much about. KWIM?

Yes I agree! They seem to follow the one's who will up the ratings.

Did you hear about that girl who was a huge fan of Paula's killing herself outside of Paula's house. Scary:eek:

If I'm not mistaken, Idol starts on Jan. 19th.

YAY! I've had classes in the evenings for the last several years. I might actaully be able to watch some of it this time around!

chefpenny99 said:
If I'm not mistaken, Idol starts on Jan. 19th.

just checked because i didnt want to miss it! & my dvr doesnt go out that far yet. americanidol.com says season premiere jan 13 & 14 8/7c.

thecougchef said:
january 13th...

ps. carrie underwood will always be my favorite. we would sit in my sororities tv room and watch her every week & then wed all vote for her. i just LOVED when she sang heart's "alone."

My favorite Idol is David Cook, but my close second is Carrie Underwood (even though I don't really care for country music). I still ADORE her version of "Alone" and is one of the most memorable performances for me over the past 6 seasons (I didn't watch the first one).

I love David Cook (his album is great!) and I'm a huge Daughtry fan as well. I enjoy listening to Kelly Clarkson also.

Related to Who Will Be the Next American Idol?

1. What channel and time does "American Idol" air on?

"American Idol" airs on ABC at 8/7c on Sundays and Mondays.

2. Who are the judges for the new season of "American Idol"?

The judges for the new season of "American Idol" are Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, and Lionel Richie.

3. How can I audition for "American Idol"?

You can audition for "American Idol" by attending an in-person audition or submitting an online audition through the show's official website.

4. Is Ryan Seacrest still the host of "American Idol"?

Yes, Ryan Seacrest is still the host of "American Idol" for the new season.

5. Will there be a live audience for "American Idol" this season?

Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, there will be a virtual audience for "American Idol" this season. However, as restrictions ease, there may be a possibility for a live audience later in the season.

Back