• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Hosts: How to Firmly (Yet Politely) Set a Deadline

In summary, Nicole suggests closing the show on the day of the show, and cashing the checks and sending a thank you letter afterwards.
amy07
Ok, so if you guys can give me some suggestions on what you do to get hosts to close I would appreciate it! The month is coming to a close (as is my 30 day bonus period), and almost all of my hosts for the month are insistent on keeping their shows open, for a few more days! UGHHHHH It would be great if they were getting more orders, but so far it is not making a bit of difference. I'm anxious, nervous, and getting STRESSED!! :mad: I've tried setting a date to close, and almost all of them call and say, "can we please wait a little longer, I need to get in touch with....." I've tried explaining that their guests that have already ordered are going to start wondering when they are getting their products.........so, I guess I'm asking is how do you firmly, but politely tell them the closing date, and then stick to it?

You can always tell them that you have to close by X day to be able to give them and their guests the specials that they are due to receive.

Have you told them that you are working towards a promotion? I find that helps a lot. I let my hosts know that I need them to close by such-and-such date, because I working towards something. Like right now, I need ALL my February shows to close by March 5 so I can earn double points on them. I tell my hosts at the end of the month I would prefer they close by the 28th for payday, but if necessary, I can hold their show until March 5th, because there is a company promotion going on.

I find that telling the host WHY I am trying to get their show closed by certain date really helps motivate them to help ME.

HTH!

One more quick note...I just got this from Yahoo! loop that I'm on. This particular consultant gives this to the host before she leaves the house, and goes over it with her. She said that she finds that by having what is expected of the host IN WRITING instead of just telling the host has really made a difference.

I intend on giving this a try as I go back to cooking shows in April (baby due March 14). HTH!

Editing Note: I am so sorry about the flyer. I had changed it, but apparently didn't save it, and sometimes my two year old "helps" mommy by closing things on my computer. It is now corrected. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Attachments

• A FEW FINAL INSTRUCTIONS.doc
    24 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
nikked said:
I just got this from Yahoo! loop that I'm on. This particular consultant gives this to the host before she leaves the house, and goes over it with her. She said that she finds that by having what is expected of the host IN WRITING instead of just telling the host has really made a difference.

I intend on giving this a try as I go back to cooking shows in April (baby due March 14). HTH!

I like the flyer, I may try that as well!

I generally try to keep the closing date firm, and will keep the show open for only 5 business days afterwards. I've found this helps keep the host focused on the orders she's trying to get. Plus she's able to tell her guests that the order has to be in by a certain date.

A nice way to explain it to the host is that all of the other "paid" guests have to wait on the other orders and holding it open too long could cause them to cancel their order out of frustration. Every is excited about the orders they place, getting them quickly ensures their happiness and their reorderness. :D

I always set the closing date in my first host coaching call so that the host is prepared as she is talking to people about her show.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't have those hosts that stretch it out and out and out....but at least they know from the beginning that we're not leaving this thing open for two weeks.

I like to close all my weekend shows on Wednesdays, that way I'm not chasing all my hosts down during the week. It works well for me to have one dedicated day like that.

Nicole,
Thanks for sharing that letter! I think I will edit/make it my own and use it as well to help my hosts understand what to do after the show is over!

I've started closing my shows the day of the show. The two I've done it for so far have worked out great! I tell the host I'll submit the show after I cash the checks. Then I mail a thank you with the receipts so they know it's closed. I love not having to track down my hosts & find out they are still waiting on that "one person" who never ends up giving them an order anyway! I tell the hosts during the first coaching call that I do this & ALL of them so far (around 10) have been thrilled & say they prefer it that way. For those of you who were at the spring regional in Hilliard, OH earlier this month, I did get this idea from our speaker, Julie.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I love not having to track down my hosts & find out they are still waiting on that "one person" who never ends up giving them an order anyway!

So true!!!!

I use the, "I would hate for your friends and family to have to wait for much longer for their products" line.

Of course, you can't use that if you can't get hold of them.

I have more trouble getting hosts to close than any consultant I've heard of. I'm going to try the letter. Be sure to change the shipper to Fed Ex if you're using it as well.

Sorry about the flyer. Explanation and corrected flyer are on my post (#4) above. Thanks, Paige, for bringing it to my attention!

Thanks Nikke for bringing the flyer over to this site!

What is the purpose of setting a deadline for closing hosts?

Setting a deadline for closing hosts is important because it creates a sense of urgency and encourages them to make a decision about hosting a party. It also helps you to effectively plan and manage your schedule.

How do I politely remind a host about the deadline?

The best way to remind a host about the deadline is to use language that is friendly but firm. You can say something like, "Just a friendly reminder that the deadline for booking your party is approaching. I would hate for you to miss out on all the great benefits of hosting!"

What should I do if a host misses the deadline?

If a host misses the deadline, it's important to follow up with them and find out if there is a specific reason for their delay. If they are still interested in hosting, you can offer them a new deadline or suggest alternative options such as a virtual party.

How far in advance should I set the deadline?

The ideal timeframe for setting a deadline for closing hosts is 2-3 weeks before the party. This gives the host enough time to invite guests and for you to prepare for the party. However, the specific timeframe may vary depending on your schedule and the host's availability.

What are some benefits of setting a deadline for closing hosts?

Aside from creating a sense of urgency, setting a deadline for closing hosts also helps you to effectively plan and manage your party schedule. It also allows you to give the host a clear timeline, making it easier for them to make a decision. Additionally, it can help increase the number of bookings and sales for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • topchef.heather
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
  • pampered.chris