• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing a Show Day 15... and Counting

In summary, the host promised to close her show today, but has not responded. The author suggests leaving her a message that if she does not hear back by the end of the day, she will submit the show without her order and without her special.
JenAZ
I have a show that took place 15 days ago! I can't get the host to close the show. She is waiting for a couple of people...I was already blunt (more than once) and told her that if they didn't order w/in the first 4 days after a show...they won't. Said that she will close this weekend no matter what...now all I get is a VM when I call...UGH

Leave her a message that if you don't hear from her by xxx, you'll submit the show without those orders and without her order - and she'll lose the host benefits.

Are you positive that there isn't something going on in her life - like a sickness or something? If you can leave a message say it's urgent she call because you must send the orders in and ask her if everything is okay since she promised to close today - be concerned. I would then call - well, who do you know that she knows well - family member - host she booked from.... Ask them if everything is okay because she was going to close today and now you can't get through. Be concerned. They will contact her and she'll probably get right back with you.

I don't think I would ever send a show in without the host order (but we never can say never now can we?). Hey, worse case is it would help next month's sales.

I guess if you REALLY need to get it in today you could tell her that you are ordering XX and XX and XX for her with her benefits because the deadline has come and if she doesn't want those things adjustments can be made once the show is delivered. Even then I wouldn't send it in until like 10:30pm so she has all the chances you can give her to call you. I would also have the show shipped to my house in this case. (but I personally wouldn't do this unless it meant losing directorship or something as serious as that)

I had a bridal shower Aug 11 and by Sept 10th she still hadn't closed. I had called her several times and she never responded. I even went so far to say that if she was busy, I could even pick some things off of her registry for her free items, but I didn't really want to choose for her, so it would be great if she would call me back.

She didn't respond to that either, so I finally called and left a message that said that I had to close the show by the 15th or wouldn't be able to order anything from the show. (I know I have till the end of the following month, but I was banking on the fact that she didn't know that. Besides the 15th is our deadline for commission.)

Anyway, she did call back and I acknowledged the fact that she was very busy with the wedding and everything but I would like HER to pick out her free items. I also mentioned that I know a wedding is expensive and if she didn't want to spend anymore that she wouldn't have to buy anything, she could use the free items, no shipping, no tax and not use the host special or 1/2 price items. That seemed to be the problem, because she picked out a few free items very quickly and I was able to close the show the next day.

I did a few catalog shows before becoming a consultant and remember that I felt like I spent more money than I would if I was just a guest (because I hate to pass up the great deals !!)

Anyway, maybe she is really waiting to get more money to use the buy the host special or half price items. Remind her what she can get for free and let her know she doesn't have to spend a dime. Maybe that is the problem.

I have had a catalog show out since mid August. I have left her several messages to tell her it needed to close by today or she may not be able to order some of the products due to the season change. Still have not heard back from her. Bless and release I guess.

I have had a catalog show out since June!! I just finally gave up on and it. I feel sorry for the people who ordered... they probably think I am a total flake

UGH! I just, finally got a host to close her show from the end of August! I left her a message (3 days ago) that we had to submit it by end of the day on the 30th...no matter what. I told her that I had already cashed the checks and that if I did not hear from her, I would submit the show under another guest. I was really polite about it, but reminded her that everyone was waiting for their products. All of this was said gently...
Well, she called with all the reasons that she hadn't been in touch. Then, she orders $7.00 over her free product credit, no knives at 60% off and no 1/2 price items. She doesn't want to spend any money right now and "just wants to send this in and be done so everyone gets there junk":eek:
As I'm seeing red, I thanked her politely and deleted her from my contacts!
Oh well.
Hopefully, she'll call you soon...best of luck!

Had a similar experience with show #119 - but the host wouldn't order, finally did ad was $.75 off in her check. But as I went to the office to pickup her check, another gal who was in attendance got super snyde and cancelled her order. I came back the next day, returned the hosts check and told her I was not going to order her 60%-off knife, because her show had collapsed. No response. Bless and release!

~praying for Paige and her family~

You never know. I have a catalog host who booked from a show in August. I got hold of her to get a kit to her the first week of September. Spent weeks trying to get hold of her to close her show. The last week of September I called every day. I told her that it was fine if she wanted to drop the party. I just needed to hear that from her. She finally called me on Saturday. Her fiance has been in the hospital. She has orders. We'll be closing her on Sunday evening. Like I said, you never know.

I have a host that does a catalog show twice a year (with it being a cooking show every other year or so). Her shows range from $400 to $800 but she has to be the hardest person to connect with. I have learned that I just leave her messages and email and she eventually gets back to me to close. This time was the worse. She absolutely didn't respond at all. Not even once. So the last message I left was "I hope everything is okay and that there's nothing wrong. I have been trying to get in touch with you about the Pampered Chef catalog show you said you wanted to do. Please let me know if you are still interested in putting a show in at this time or when you want to close it. If you want to take advantage of the Cookware special we don't have much time left so please call as soon as you can ..."

She finally responded last night (yes, Oct. 1) with "Sorry. You are more than patient. I will call you as soon as I finish..." She did call when she could and placed a $160 show (disappointing but it's still sales) with 2 pieces of cookware on it (she had been trying to convince her husband to let her get a set of cookware)! ...ummmm could you let ME know?!?! This is why I always give my hosts the benefit of the doubt when I can't reach them - it is to my advantage to be patient (or at least to SOUND patient).:rolleyes:

Didn't get it in for September sales but every bit helps and more POR points!! AND, she booked again for March - Cooking show that time. We'll see.

At last night's cluster meeting I did some training on host coaching. I reminded everyone that (as we're often reminded here), it's our job to get in contact with them, not the other way 'round. How many times have you intended to order something from a catalog to take advantage of a sale? You put the catalog down, and, three months later, come across it and say, "Oh, yeah, I was going to order that." We've all done it. That's why it's so important to be persistent. When they want you to go away, they'll make it clear.

Related to Closing a Show Day 15... and Counting

1. How do I remind my guests about the upcoming show?

You can send a reminder email or text message to your guests a few days before the show. You can also post a reminder on your social media pages or create a Facebook event for the show.

2. What should I do on the day of the show?

On the day of the show, make sure to have all of your cooking and demonstration materials ready. Set up your cooking station and make sure your products are easily accessible. Greet your guests and offer them refreshments while they wait for the show to start.

3. How do I handle late or no-show guests?

If a guest is running late, try to start the show on time and catch them up when they arrive. If a guest doesn't show up, you can still continue with the show and offer them the opportunity to place an order later. If they consistently do not show up, consider reaching out to them directly to discuss their interest in hosting a show.

4. What are some recommended sales techniques for closing a show?

Some effective sales techniques for closing a show include highlighting the benefits of the products, offering special deals or discounts, and showing how the products can be used in different ways. You can also encourage guests to host their own show in the future.

5. How do I follow up with guests after the show?

After the show, be sure to thank your guests for attending and remind them of any special deals or promotions. Follow up with guests who expressed interest in hosting their own show or purchasing products. You can also send a personalized thank-you note or email to each guest to show your appreciation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Bren706